ONKYO TX-SR607: No clarity in sound

sparerudy

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post,

I'm having Onkyo TX-SR607 connected to Onkyo SKS-HT728 5.1 speaker. Sony Bravia 46" LCD is my panel with Airtel HD STB.

I somehow feel that the sound produced by my HT setup does not have clarity, sometime the sound is very disturbing or distorted. Is this due to my speaker settings? does anyone else have similar issues...?

Rudy,

There;s a lot of tweaking you need to do with this AVR. Simple plug and play won't give you the best effect. As yet, I myself dont own an AVR but I can tell my the research that there are multiple settings and positioning of the speakers that you will need to change and hear (repetitive cycle) till you get the optimum sound.

Have you calibrated your speakers using the Audyssey EQ?

Hi Snorkel,

Thanks for your response. I feel the same thing. I feel my AVR is not tuned properly. I need someone who can help on this..

Yes, i have used Audyssey EQ, but increased some volumes as i was not satisfied with the final output. Should i leave with the base calibrations?

Can u provide more info on ur problem mate....like was the AVR working fine and started giving trouble all of a sudden?Whats the age of the devices? Which all speakers give distortion?? What was the content or does all content give distortion? Whats ur source of playback?

Imrahn, can you help me tuning it? as of now i ran Audyssey again yesterday and my surround sound is much better but i lost the Bass!!...

There are no troubles in the AVR and its about a year old. Main content source is given by a Sony DVD player and Airtel DTH HD.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back