Online deals for headphones

kapvin

Hi,

I saw a fairly interesting deal on headphones.

The AKG K371BT is the bluetooth enabled equivalent of the K371, which is a bit of a budget superstar. apart from the BT electronics, slightly thinner earpads to compensate for the larger volume to accomodate said electronics, it is essentially the same as the non BT version. with a choice of 3 cables. and is on sale on amazon for a price that's about 50% of the non BT model.

I felt at that price, it was a no-brainer, so I got myself a pair. For the price, I am really happy. it is playable via Bluetooth (naturally) and can even take Hp out from a phone to play loudly and cleanly. It is great with a dragonfly black (which can struggle with many headphones) and it is closed-back, so no disturbances to those close to you.

Out of the box its fairly neutral but I use Roon and its parametric capabilities and Oratory1990's curves. It's now my late night bedroom cans with the coiled telephone cables. I really have not used the BT capability much

On its own, it is very listenable, but at the price I paid, its a great deal. it is still available at the price, so check it out, maybe.

*Standard disclaimer - no affiliation with Harman/AKG or the vendor or amazon.

Don't go by the MRP mentioned by Amazon. They fool the public. The MRP of AKG K371BT is around 9250 and is sold between 6000 to 8000 rupees.
It is also so for many products, especially home appliances, electronics, laptops etc listed on Amazon. They often quote twice or sometimes even thrice of the real MRP and then show crazy discounts of 80% to 90%.

Don't go by the MRP mentioned by Amazon. They fool the public. The MRP of AKG K371BT is around 9250 and is sold between 6000 to 8000 rupees.
It is also so for many products, especially home appliances, electronics, laptops etc listed on Amazon. They often quote twice or sometimes even thrice of the real MRP and then show crazy discounts of 80% to 90%.
Yes Kannan, ;-) please read what I wrote

I never go by Amazon MRP. All I pointed out was that it is available at 1/2 the price of the Non BT version which was about 10k on amazon (about the same price as the AT-m50).

Plus the street price in the US for the Non BT model is about USD140 = 10k INR and the BT one normally retails for 170 USD = approx 13k. At 6k this is about 80USD, so a fairly good price any way you slice it. and this without factoring in Duty or anything.

so I reiterate, price is a "deal" and price performance is astonishingly high. Anyway, I am sure the readers will do appropriate price discovery

Edit: please do see the prices of the BT and non BT.

online.2021-03-30 (2).png

Last edited:
Just ordered Hifiman he400i 2020 version at 12k + 10% bank offer discount.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-02-18-08-19-988_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-02-18-08-19-988_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 20
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back