open home with mconnect vs audirvana on mac mini

Eight1zero

Hi guys
i was in market to buy a streamer but then i thought i have mac mini which i use as my plex server and if i could use that as my music server as well.

Been doing some digging around and found these two ways of streaming as i mainly use tidal.. tried using roon also but could not justify the price..

i am using audirvana trail version but the only draw back i feel it has for me is that it does not have a option of my mix and track radio in tidal.

Is there any other way of streaming tidal from mac mini ?

thanks in advance

I tried multiple options to stream from Tidal and Qobuz to my DLNA enabled receivers. Both mConnect and BubbleUPnP met my needs with Android phone as source but both the apps are too buggy.

Then tried Audirvana, it was ok but I didn't like their business model. You pay quite a bit of money to buy a certain version. Then you have to pay again to upgrade to a newer version.

I finally settled with Roon. I too thought it would be sheer stupidity to spend so much money for a software that merely enables you to stream music from device A to device B. So I didn't try it for a long time. But there is no going back once I tried it. There is nothing that can come close to what Roon offers. That's my personal opinion.

Hey thanks for the input
I tried Roon for 3 months personally i did not like it that much to justify the price..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back