Oppo dvp 980H-online shipping to India

Now Arrived: Re: Oppo dvp 980H-online shipping to India.

Hi folks,

I could not resist the temptation any longer, so a few days back, March 7 to be specific, I ordered the Oppo 980H from HKFlix.com. I chose this over the 981HD due to the Macroblocking effect with 981HD with DLP projectors.

The DVD Player was dispatched on Monday, March 9, and it got to me today, .i.e., March 14, so pretty good time.

I choose FedEx over EMS as I don't trust the postoffice people one bit!

I have not done any settings/adjustments at present, but initial impression is that the picture quality is much smoother than my earlier Philips.

Will play around with the settings in the evening and learn more.

Cost me : $245 (inclusive of shipping via FedEx) + Rs 2007 (customs) + 250 (other Charges) + 26 (Service charges).

Happy with my purchase. :yahoo:

Re: Now Arrived: Re: Oppo dvp 980H-online shipping to India.

Hi folks,

Cost me : $245 (inclusive of shipping via FedEx) + Rs 2007 (customs) + 250 (other Charges) + 26 (Service charges).

Happy with my purchase. :yahoo:

Congrates-
So it comes close to 15k,
Now its time to get detailed review from you.
Pls.do the needful.

Sure sire..will be coming up soon.

@Shuvc - Customs you pay directly to Fedex (Pafex courier in my case who are FedEx partners in Siliguri). You can pay by DD or pay in cash. You get a receipt from FedEx for the same.

Last edited:
Sure sire..will be coming up soon.

@Shuvc - Customs you pay directly to Fedex (Pafex courier in my case who are FedEx partners in Siliguri). You can pay by DD or pay in cash. You get a receipt from FedEx for the same.

So you paid all charges(cost of DVDp)to Fedex(online?) & booked 980?

So you paid all charges(cost of DVDp)to Fedex(online?) & booked 980?

No, I booked 980H online on HKFlix.com - before that I sent in all my queries and got them answered.

Then I paid by credit card. I use the virtual CC using HDFC Netsafe for this. When you pay on their site you select the player and check out. You have to register on their site to buy. Then you pay. The FedEx charges don't appear then; they are added later.

Once the parcel is here, you pay FedEx the custom charges.

Oh and btw, they bundle two DVDs free. Unfortunately, it is of their choice, so I got some chineseeeeeeee martial arts movies. Not a big fan, but it is free!

Plus you get the standard cables + 1 HDMI cable free (standard package with Oppo).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back