Oppo dvp 980H-online shipping to India

Guys,

I had almost finalized Marantz 6002 CDP but after going thru this thread and some rave reviews I somehow got very impressed with Oppo.

I checked the price in Singapore, I didn't check if they ship it to India but luckily I have a friend coming back in 2 weeks. Here are Singapore local prices:
980 = S$ 299
981 = S$299
983 = S$580

I will play it on philips 32" HD ready LCD thru Onkyo 606.

My usage would be more of music and weekend movies

Thinking of 980 as it has usb interface as well /981 doesn't - I would save burning discs while playing Divx movies.

I am little confused as both the products are offered at same price, should I go for 981 instead?

Dango

My usage would be more of music and weekend movies. Thinking of 980 as it has usb interface as well /981 doesn't - I would save burning discs while playing Divx movies. I am little confused as both the products are offered at same price, should I go for 981 instead?

I am surprised both have the same price. Please check again. The 980 should be cheaper.

Anyhow since your usage is more for music, it is a no brainer. Just go for the 980.

Cheers

Thanks Venkatcr,

Yeah both 980 and 981 are for INR 10K

I will try to negotiate on 980.

On more question,

Oppo web site says
980 audio features:
"Direct Stream Digital (DSD) over HDMI (Requires compatible A/V receiver) "

Not sure whether Onkyo 606 supports DSD, I couldn't find this is the specs.

How are HDMI cables supplied with OPPOs? If they are good, I want to order one more for connecting amp to the TV, they seem pretty reasonably priced

Thanks, Dango

Price of oppo 983 is $399 on projectorcentre.com

Reply to secondmail-

Oppo doesnt allow us to discount the players, but I can offer you big savings on shipping that would amount to the same thing.

Which player are you interested in? The 980 or 981? Can you give me some approximation of the quantity? Are we talking about 5 pc, 20 pcs, 100 pcs?

Thanks,
George

Are anybody interested in deal-oppo 980?
I m in Mumbai.Any Mumbai grp?

Last edited:
On more question,

Oppo web site says
980 audio features:
"Direct Stream Digital (DSD) over HDMI (Requires compatible A/V receiver) "

Not sure whether Onkyo 606 supports DSD, I couldn't find this is the specs.

No YOu may have to settle for PCM via analog audio. WHich is still excellent.

How are HDMI cables supplied with OPPOs? If they are good, I want to order one more for connecting amp to the TV, they seem pretty reasonably priced

Thanks, Dango

The cable is excellent as any other Monster beater. I dont believe Oppo sells cables separately though I never have asked them this specifically. Their website does not indicate so.

The cable is excellent as any other Monster beater. I dont believe Oppo sells cables separately though I never have asked them this specifically. Their website does not indicate so.

Oppo supplies one 6 feet cable free and you can order for an additional cable of 3, 6, 15, or 25 feet length. But, this can only be part of a player order.

To back up what Marsilians has said, the Oppo HDMI cable is excellent. I am using two of them, and I am very happy with them.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

This is the mail i got from hkflix.com regarding shipping charge to chennai.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. Please note the following shipping rates for the Oppo 980:

EMS, 3-5 days, delivered by the postal service in your country - $71
FedEx International Priority, 2-4 business days - $77

If you have any further questions or concerns or would like to place an order please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for shopping at HKFlix.

Sincerely,
Mimi
HKFlix.com
"Specialty Is Our Specialty!"
- Show quoted text -

Cheers,
Sridhar C

Price of oppo 983 is $399 on projectorcentre.com

Reply to secondmail-

Oppo doesnt allow us to discount the players, but I can offer you big savings on shipping that would amount to the same thing.

Hi Spiro

Are you into audio business ?

Regards

OK, if folks on the forum are buying the oppo 98XH for bulk discount, then count me in..

Cheers

Hei Gobble it seems like around 5 ppl are there who are interested we can contact the local dealer itself to get the Oppo then.

For those of you considering the 981HD, and having DLP displays/projectors..you should consider the 980H instead.

Here is why, from the horse's mouth ..

John,

For front projection DLP we generally recommend the DV-980H due to issues related to macroblocking enhancement issues related to the DV-981HD.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
2629B Terminal Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043
[email protected]
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119

Dealer is there in Chennai member of this forum Reghu is from Decibels Chennai who deals with Oppo but he for some reason said 980 is not under production now though in my research I found out that 983 is the one which was stopped and not 980.

As john said its the 980 we need to go for since I think we are all looking for universal players with good Audio capabilities atleast I am looking for 980 in that perspective. 981 has better video but has got some issues with viewing using projectors.

Spiro,

I don't think so. The strenght of Oppo is its upscaling. I don't remember reading anything about WDTV doing such stuff or doing it on par with the Oppo. WDTV is good for handling a lot formats, but upscaling I don't think so. To really enjoy HD content on WDTV you will need HD content. Oppo will on the other hand upscale SD to HD, though of course it will not look as good as true HD content Oppo still does a good job.

Both are entirely different products and geared towards different users. Cannot really compare both.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back