Oppo UDP203 remote repair/replacement?

manek

Hi everyone,

Would anyone know of how/where to repair/replace a faulty Oppo UDP203 remote? Preferably in Bangalore!
Maybe an oppo dealer can get one for u ? Usually remotes from one OEM seem to work many a times across their product ranges especially their high end product remotes. I had this experience with Sony bluray players and a couple of others.

Btw whats wrong ? Battery leakage ?
Every remote and wall clock movement that I have ruined was due to battery leakage. A certain brand of battery that claims excellent durability was the one that leaked badly every time. I did learn the hard way.

I was lucky every remote I ruined I could replace with a new one from the OEM.

Tried a universal remote ?

milestoneseeker

Maybe an oppo dealer can get one for u ? Usually remotes from one OEM seem to work many a times across their product ranges especially their high end product remotes. I had this experience with Sony bluray players and a couple of others.

Btw whats wrong ? Battery leakage ?
Every remote and wall clock movement that I have ruined was due to battery leakage. A certain brand of battery that claims excellent durability was the one that leaked badly every time. I did learn the hard way.

I was lucky every remote I ruined I could replace with a new one from the OEM.

Tried a universal remote ?
No battery leaks. It just becomes unresponsive and after I tap it gently a few times (dont want to damage it with vigorous shaking), it starts working. Let's say it is on the way to a potential failure than already being defective. Universal remote is a good idea as I haven't explored that space! Any recommendations as I can't see Logitech Harmony being sold in India?

I will try OEM dealer but I wasn't aware that they are still around for their devices (not their phones).

manek

No battery leaks. It just becomes unresponsive and after I tap it gently a few times (dont want to damage it with vigorous shaking), it starts working. Let's say it is on the way to a potential failure than already being defective. Universal remote is a good idea as I haven't explored that space! Any recommendations as I can't see Logitech Harmony being sold in India?

I will try OEM dealer but I wasn't aware that they are still around for their devices (not their phones).
I havent used universal remotes yet but the idea did strike me when my remotes failed.

Logitech may not be a bad one. Check reviews though.

Anyone else here who can help out ?

terrible

Why don't you contact these guys https://www.oppodigital.in/

As far as I know, they have stopped manufacturing Bluray players. But they'll probably point you to the right way.

sud98

The last time I had a failure, oppo had sent a replacement free of charge but that was when they were operational. Now, a universal remote would be better

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.