Options in the market for voltage stabilisation and protection

square_wave

Hey everyone,

I have been using a 2 kva apc double conversion ups for 7 years now. The time for a replacement will come soon. What options are there in the market these days?

One of the reasons why I prefer something which completely separates the equipment from the input mains is because I live in an apartment. If the power goes, the generator kicks in and I am not sure about the quality of these things and do not want to expose the gear directly to its output. For e.g. a servo controlled stabiliser will let the quality of current at the input go to the outputs. It only corrects voltage. A double conversion ups will separate the gear from the input quality because power is always generated and send to the output.

A downside to UPS systems is the fan noise. The older model which I have does not create much noise but the newer ones are noisy and cannot be setup in the same room where you listen to music.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back