Optoma HD20 - Flickering issue. Pls help !

manishk13

Hi

After working for 3 years nicely, HD20 has started giving problems. The image starts flickering blue/green after some time. There seems to be great DIY web link as below, indicating that the colour wheel dust needs to be cleaned:

How To Fix Optoma HD20 / HD200x Projector Flickering Image / Colour Wheel

I am scared to open the projector myself. Has any one tried this before? Can someone please recommend a trusted engineer who can come home and clean the colour wheel ? Or should I take it to digicomp service center? I am in Bangalore. Perhaps my friend Santosh who helped me set up the HT can give some inputs?

Thx
Manish

If you are not comfortable with the DIY, better to get it serviced and let them do the cleaning.

Hi George

Internationally people have faced the flicker problem. The link to solve it DIY was given in my first post above. Cleaning the colour wheel seems easy enough as per the link but I was not sure whether to attempt it myself - hence I asked if someone knows an Optoma engineer who can come home and do it for me for a price. U know anyone ?

Thx
Manish

Manish, I quickly checked with the team that installed my HD20 abt this issue. His name is Harish from DNI home theatre(bellandur, ORR) and he said they can clean the color wheel.

you can try reaching him on 9538893295. When i asked him the charges, he told its the normaly visit charges (as no parts change n only cleaning the color wheel) - Rs 500. He asked the location to be visited and since i do not know, i said you'l call him.

yes, this would come in handy for other PJ users, who want to get cleaning and maintenance done. I also have one HD 20 nearing 3 years and its got lot of dust on it.

Will get it cleaned when the time comes.

Great help Sara, I will call him right away. I am in Whitefield (close to Bellandur/ORR) and the PJ has done approx. 3 yrs - no idea how many hours.

Thx
Manish

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back