Optoma HD60- Video out does not work

hifi1975

Hi All,
I am using my Optima HD60 PJ to watch DVD and cable TV
For DVD i use the S- video inpu and cable tv i use the Video in as input . Cable settop box is connected to AV receiver and i connect the monitor oout of the reciever to either TV or PJ as needed . While TV ( non HD ) is crystal clear , PJ quality is awful . Display is far from crisp and has lines or waves scrolling down the image.

DVD which is connected directly to the PJ provides awesome quality. What could be the problem with the setup .

Also somehow the PJ says finding source forever if Svideo cable is not connected to it ..even though SVIdeo is only for DVD and has nothing to do with Cable TV . THis happens even if DVD is not switched on ..It somehow expects the SVideo cable to be plugged in to play cable channels signal coming from the composite video cable ..Strange inst it

Hi All,
I am using my Optima HD60 PJ to watch DVD and cable TV
For DVD i use the S- video inpu and cable tv i use the Video in as input . Cable settop box is connected to AV receiver and i connect the monitor oout of the reciever to either TV or PJ as needed . While TV ( non HD ) is crystal clear , PJ quality is awful . Display is far from crisp and has lines or waves scrolling down the image.
DVD which is connected directly to the PJ provides awesome quality. What could be the problem with the setup .

1) are you connecting the same cable which you using to connect the TV?
If not try the same cable..

2) connect DVD player from analog outs rather than s-video to check whether the input connectors on prj are actually working correctly..

Also somehow the PJ says finding source forever if Svideo cable is not connected to it ..even though SVIdeo is only for DVD and has nothing to do with Cable TV . THis happens even if DVD is not switched on ..It somehow expects the SVideo cable to be plugged in to play cable channels signal coming from the composite video cable ..Strange inst it

there would be a setting which would tell the order of input devices..
change the order of search in case you want analog inputs to be searched first..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back