Optoma in Dubai

manish26264

Hi to everyone, This is my first post, have extensively read this forum and have come to conclusion of buying a optoma HD65, presently using Sony EX4 with Onkyo HTR 320 which I am going to upgrade to Marantz 6003 with mordaunt-short speakers.
I will be visiting Dubai by 5th of May 09, thinking of buying HD65 from Dubai
If anybody know from where I could get optoma and marantz in Dubai.

Hi to everyone, This is my first post, have extensively read this forum and have come to conclusion of buying a optoma HD65, presently using Sony EX4 with Onkyo HTR 320 which I am going to upgrade to Marantz 6003 with mordaunt-short speakers.
I will be visiting Dubai by 5th of May 09, thinking of buying HD65 from Dubai
If anybody know from where I could get optoma and marantz in Dubai.

There are many HiFi stores were you will find marantz, but the distributor for UAE is V.V & Sons. They have a couple of big showrooms in Dubai where you will find most of the models. let me know where you will be staying in Dubai, I will tell you the nearest showroom.

Optoma, I haven't seen many around and I dont think there is a dealer here for that. I will check and let you know. most probably DG+ should have it.

Dear Vishanv,

Thanks for your information, I will be staying at Palm Beach Hotel, Khalid Bin Walid Road, Bur Dubai, Dubai. I searched online and found the Optoma HD65 projector on Sharaf DG, it is there on their website so I hope they are having it.
Are these bargainable, as there is very little difference between price in India and Dubai.

manish, Sharaf DG is a big box electronics store and DG+ is a division of Sharaf that deals with hi fi products. depending on the product you plan to buy discounts will apply, there is always room for negotiation in DG+. as in all places newer ones have least discounts.

from the hotel you stay, for Marantz you can go to the V.V & sons in Al Fahidi street in Bur Dubai. you will see a lot of clearance sale products (I hope its still on) + newer ones.

DG+ (carries many brands including Marantz and Optoma) you can either go to Times Square or Marina mall. Personally I like the guys in Marina mall as they offer better customer service. But Times square has a bigger range on display (if you want to check out a Burmester or Focal Grand Utopia, just for kicks :p). Optoma HD65 is priced AED 3599 (got the price over phone) which under current exch rate works out to INR 49,300 /-. can you tell me what's the price of this projector in India?

feel free to ping me if you need any other info / help.

Last edited:
Thanks Vishanv, that was a very good information, Optoma HD65 costs around 65 K to 75 K, while this pj costs somewhere around 600 US$ in USA (Ebay) maybe costing less at other places.

Thanks once again for the information.

manish, Sharaf DG is a big box electronics store and DG+ is a division of Sharaf that deals with hi fi products. depending on the product you plan to buy discounts will apply, there is always room for negotiation in DG+. as in all places newer ones have least discounts.

from the hotel you stay, for Marantz you can go to the V.V & sons in Al Fahidi street in Bur Dubai. you will see a lot of clearance sale products (I hope its still on) + newer ones.

DG+ (carries many brands including Marantz and Optoma) you can either go to Times Square or Marina mall. Personally I like the guys in Marina mall as they offer better customer service. But Times square has a bigger range on display (if you want to check out a Burmester or Focal Grand Utopia, just for kicks :p). Optoma HD65 is priced AED 3599 (got the price over phone) which under current exch rate works out to INR 49,300 /-. can you tell me what's the price of this projector in India?

feel free to ping me if you need any other info / help.

hi, vishnav thats good information , any idea if DG+ have the new optoma HD20 and what wud be the price its abt 1000USD but here in india its priced abt a lakh,

HI
i was doing some googling stumbled up on some suppliers from Chennai of one brand extremely cheap ie.20,000,name is LALANTIKA,they are giving one year warranty on the bulb etc,1800 lumens etc
since the price is incomparable,it is really creating doubts
could anybody comment on this
abdul gafur

hi, vishnav thats good information , any idea if DG+ have the new optoma HD20 and what wud be the price its abt 1000USD but here in india its priced abt a lakh,

sorry mate, I just saw your post yesterday. tried to call that guy and get the HD20 details, but they didnt have it in their system. He was supposed to call me back with the price but never did.

Its not far from where I live, I will pop into that place post the price.

As far as I have checked, all HT products are same as US list prices here (customs duty is only flat 5% for any imports here). So I dont think the price will be different.

he gave me the prices for couple of models in stock with them (1 AED ~ INR 13.10)

HD82 AED 13500
HD800XLV AED 9500

thanks a lot , they could get the optoma HD20 in some time as its a new model , if u cud chk with the prices and let me know ,and if the prices are a lot diiferent then here (bnglr) i wud definetly think of getting one from there through a friend --------thanks

Hi
I'm setting up a new home theater setup and looking out for HD20 Optoma projector in india, found to be the price on very higher side 1.3 lacs approx when i checked with one of the vendor , thought of getting through my sources in abhudhabi or dubai. but i could not locate any vendors for optoma in abudhabi or dubai. can u get guys help out to source this projector and by the way what its your feedback on this model.

Hi
I'm setting up a new home theater setup and looking out for HD20 Optoma projector in india, found to be the price on very higher side 1.3 lacs approx when i checked with one of the vendor , thought of getting through my sources in abhudhabi or dubai. but i could not locate any vendors for optoma in abudhabi or dubai. can u get guys help out to source this projector and by the way what its your feedback on this model.

HD20 is designed for home cinema set up. You may contact [email protected] for quote. Supplier is in Dubai...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back