Ordered most awaiting product from aliexpress-himedia q10 pro

I had ordered a MEMOBOX Q Box Android 5.1 TV BOX (URL below) via aliexpress.com on Aug, 13 2016 and I opted for Free shipping to India via AliExpress standard Shipping.

Ordered product: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MXQ...2623342662.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.55.2SBSOR

Tracking history: Global Order Tracking

It was shipped by the seller on Aug, 18th and i received a message from the seller with the tracking number and a URL to track. Package was handled by India post after it reached India and was on hold at Customs for two weeks and then release. It was finally delivered to me yesterday (Sep, 15th) and I was asked to pay a customs duty of Rs. 207.

The player costed me Rs 3,847 ($55) + Rs. 207 (customs duty). So overall, I was satisfied with this transaction on AliExpress and has raised my confidence on the website a bit (this was my first purchase on AE).

Now a friend of mine is coming down from the US so I have asked him to get me a HiMedia Q10 Pro so I would be selling this QBox unused (I have tested and it works and have repacked it). I will be posting on the For Sale section so please PM me if anyone is interested.

Cheers!

Ordered Q10 Pro from AliExpress (seller: Online-Luckymall) as per the steps listed by rdksrk2013 in his earlier posts on this thread. Seller offered USD 183 in total for Q10 Pro + Mele F10 Air Mouse + 4PX shipping. (The 4PX express shipping is only for Q10 Pro as the seller said Air Mouse has batteries and that they cannot send by 4PX - which I was ok with).

Thanks to rdksrk2013 for pointing me to this HFV thread and for the ordering steps to get the deal.

Btw, during this r&d, I exchanged some emails with HiMedia and Futeko. Following are relevant excerpts from those emails that some of you may find useful -

------
From Futeko -

Sellers on Aliexpress are probably based in China so have a different tax / customer rights system to ours. Their taxes are lower and they are not legally obliged to offer returns and a proper warranty (they will refer you to the manufacturer - HiMedia will not take RMA direct from end customers).

We flash all our Q5/Q10 Pro ourselves with Android 7. I doubt any other retailers are doing this. Older stock comes from the factory with firmware 1.0.3 per-installed, newer (post September) with 1.0.7.

------

-----
From HiMedia (in response to my query about Q10 Pro with Android N) -

Android 7.0 is a new product, I think we need more times to perfect it.

-----

I have placed an order for Himedia Q10 pro through Futeko.Com

Please help me in chosing the right power plug to be used in India. They ship EU Plug by default and give country specific power plugs as a freebie.

Thanks.

Hi All,

A quick question to Q5 pro owners.. Has some one tried to run a True HD file from KODI to receiver and has got the same output? I don't think straight pass-through is happening. it down-mixes to dolby or dts to receiver. But yes, the media player is great and plays all formats of audio and video.

Hi All,

A quick question to Q5 pro owners.. Has some one tried to run a True HD file from KODI to receiver and has got the same output? I don't think straight pass-through is happening. it down-mixes to dolby or dts to receiver. But yes, the media player is great and plays all formats of audio and video.

Try using Kodi with wrapper. It may work then....

@reju - Tried the wrapper option with KODI it worked. But Kodi player has its own charm. looks great as well. That experience is lost. But a give for a take... atleast KODI allows external player to play the movies. Temporarily issue solved.

@reju - Tried the wrapper option with KODI it worked. But Kodi player has its own charm. looks great as well. That experience is lost. But a give for a take... atleast KODI allows external player to play the movies. Temporarily issue solved.

This maybe Kodi issue and may get resolved in future app updates.

Even Futeko valued the item such low, import duty was waived off. I was not charged anything extra.

Got Q10 Pro shipped from the UK with European Firmware installed through Futeko.Com

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back