Ordered most awaiting product from aliexpress-himedia q10 pro

The sellers mark it as 'gift' and value under 10$. This has no effect on customs charged. I ask my seller to mark the product as 'business sample'. My last three shipment marked so and shipped via FedEx/ Aramex came in without duty. Product shipped was amp boards through Aramex and FedEx and one small DAC through fedex

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

So finally my Himedia Q10 Pro arrived via Aramex today. Total duty payable was a whopping 2049/-. Seemed high nut I payed it.

The valuation on courier was for $70 so the assess-able value was 5000. On that the total custom is almost 30% so that came to around 1500. Then being in Mumbai I had to pay Octroi of 6% so that came to around 300. Finally Aramex takes 200 plus service tax as duty brokerage charges.

Add all that up and payable duty crosses 2000 for an item I payed around 11700 to buy. Phew!

So final 'home-received' cost for the Q10 Pro works out to around 14k. Sincerely hope its worth it. Will set it up tonight. Fingers crossed.
I think you did not pay much. 14k for q10 Pro is okay. Please check out
futeko.com - High Performance Media Box. Android Box, Kodi Box, Mini-HTPC. UK Based.
here it sells like hot cake. The stock finishes in 15 days. I got Q5 Pro for 120 pound. They hiked price by 5 pound for new stock. Same goes with Q10 Pro. They keep hiking price with every stock. Even then the stock finishes in 15 -20 days..Amazing..

I set it up. Its quite awesome apart from one problem. All my 5.1 sound is getting down mixed to stereo via both coaxial and optical outputs. My Marantz receiver has had no issues with other players outputting Pass through 5.1 audio.

I tried all permutations in the audio settings of Spdif to Raw and HDR to auto/5.1 etc. Nothing worked.

Anyone here has any idea of how to get this working? It happens for both AAC as well as Ac3 encoded audio. Apart from this everything else about the Q10 pro is great.

Hoping there is a work around..

I set it up. Its quite awesome apart from one problem. All my 5.1 sound is getting down mixed to stereo via both coaxial and optical outputs. My Marantz receiver has had no issues with other players outputting Pass through 5.1 audio.

I tried all permutations in the audio settings of Spdif to Raw and HDR to auto/5.1 etc. Nothing worked.

Anyone here has any idea of how to get this working? It happens for both AAC as well as Ac3 encoded audio. Apart from this everything else about the Q10 pro is great.

Hoping there is a work around..

I using Q5. I also faced same but now with AAC only. Other than AAC all formats playing very well. For AC3 you have to enable the particular options in settings.

Go to Kodi>Settings> in settings level change it to "Expert"

Go to Settings>System and enable the options
-Enable passthrough
-Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
-DTS capable receiver

Now most of AVRs are not supporting to AAC 5.1 audio format, coz MP3 is not developed very well for 5.1 channels. So thats not the problem with player.
For this problem I found a solution...
I converted AAC movies in to AC3 or DTS passthrough with HandBrake. Then the audio playing smoothly.
Just try it.

Thanks Giri Babu for that valuable tip!

I had no idea that AAC was unsupported. Can you tell me a way to convert just the AAC audio 5.1 to AC3 audio WITHOUT re-encoding the video? My mkv & mp4 film copies are all 2 to 4 GB each and it would be quite time-consuming to re-encode everything just for the audio part.

Let me know what tools I can use. Thanks again..

I have no solution to convert only audio. Long back I followed one of the threads on this site. But no one give proper solution. I would be grateful if some one knows.

Now I am checking the movie description before download the movie and downloading only dolby/dts files. So no problem.

Use Megui to extract audio and encode to AC3. Then use mkvmerge to remux. Should work just fine.

May-Saturday - AAC and MP3 are different formats.

Found a very good tool to do convert into AC3 in a fast, fully automated manner. But it works only for mkv files. Its called MKV2AC3 and it worked perfectly for me as all my High def films with 5.1 audio were in mkv.

Here is the link to the product development with the download link on very first post:-
MKV2AC3 - development thread

If there are any doubts regarding usage, feel free to ask. It takes approx 12-14 mins to extract AAC audio, convert to AC3 and mux it back to the original video. Impressive.

Let me know.

Found a very good tool to do convert into AC3 in a fast, fully automated manner. But it works only for mkv files. Its called MKV2AC3 and it worked perfectly for me as all my High def films with 5.1 audio were in mkv.

Here is the link to the product development with the download link on very first post:-
MKV2AC3 - development thread

If there are any doubts regarding usage, feel free to ask. It takes approx 12-14 mins to extract AAC audio, convert to AC3 and mux it back to the original video. Impressive.

Let me know.

Nice finding and but most of my MP4s only are with AAC.
Are you tried to play new vid file? Is 5.1 working well now??

So, finally the postman comes to my door with the HiMedia Q10 Pro package and a heavy customs duty of Rs.8743. I don't think it turns out to be a good bargain for me after all and plan to send it back to geekbuying. I hope they will refund the amount minus the re-stocking or shipping fees.

It reminds me of the dialogue from Andaz Apna Apna - Haath toh aaya muh na laga. LOL

If anyone from Pune is interested in buying it at the no-profit delivered price then let me know. I have a day or two to respond.

So, finally the postman comes to my door with the HiMedia Q10 Pro package and a heavy customs duty of Rs.8743. I don't think it turns out to be a good bargain for me after all and plan to send it back to geekbuying. I hope they will refund the amount minus the re-stocking or shipping fees.

It reminds me of the dialogue from Andaz Apna Apna - Haath toh aaya muh na laga. LOL

If anyone from Pune is interested in buying it at the no-profit delivered price then let me know. I have a day or two to respond.

That is a real downer. Looks like Mumbai customs have gone all medieval on your shipment. I got my Q10 from Aliexpress with about Rs. 1000 odd as duty.

Many thanks to FM rdsrk2013 for posting the Aliexpress deal.

Thanks sam9s for the futeko deal. With GBP weakened that definitely is a good option. Will wait for confirmation from geekbuying.

Just for information of everyone. In this case the order was declared under $20 but probably not marked as gift. The duty that has been slapped is ~41% and I believe the customs guy used the MRP on the box. Also, the one thing that I think mattered the most was that the package arrived in India just before the Independence Day weekend.

All in all it is my customs Karma coming back to me [emoji1] . Till date I had just paid about ~Rs1500 for getting at least 8-10 different items. This was costliest of the purchases though.

For the benefit of everyone let us workout which is the best deal:

The one that I had ordered from Aliexpress - online Luckymall POSted earlier in this thread

Price - USD 185 including MeLe airplay remote + fast shipping 4PX

If we take the approx. price of remote ( which you might not need also) as USD 20

The effective price for Q10 Pro works out to USD 165

Customs duty paid - Rs 990 ( Checked with Jsmithe also paid Rs 1000 only - through the same vendor)

This is to the benefit of the others who are contemplating of buying Q10 Pro.

The rock bottom price may be USD 165.

Last edited:
Thanks rdksrk2013, that definitely is the sweetest of all deals. I was able to negotiate the same without remote rate with the supplier.

However, the geekbuying people haven't responded and I believe I will need to bite the bullet. Their return policy in such cases is also not super friendly as they mention that there will be huge tax.

The sellers mark it as 'gift' and value under 10$. This has no effect on customs charged. I ask my seller to mark the product as 'business sample'. My last three shipment marked so and shipped via FedEx/ Aramex came in without duty. Product shipped was amp boards through Aramex and FedEx and one small DAC through fedex

Business Sample is good idea.

This was Fedex/ Aramex from AliEx or other .com?
Im seeing mostly DHL on AliEx
and from the thread it seems DHL ship attracts duty.

Not ordered yet through DHL, mostly because no favourable feedback. I purchase from Ali express only

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back