Ordered most awaiting product from aliexpress-himedia q10 pro

Which courier is it being shipped?

I had observed if it is Singapore post then the update on the website stops updating after mentioning ' landed held by customs'.

Then it is handled locally on speed post. So I had to start checking on the speed post site

My box got stuck at customs , dont know who much they are going to charge for it ... JEEZ
I am in same boat as you. I purchased a q10 pro from geekbuying.com during a limited time offer of $156 (free shipping) and it got shipped through Hong Kong Post about 20 days back. The latest status is same yours. Supposedly waiting for some customs guy to assess it for last 5 days. Let's see what the duty is going to be.

I have ordered this from ebay.com at $175 from the link shared earlier in this thread. Hope it ships & reaches promptly without custom trouble.

I have ordered this from ebay.com at $175 from the link shared earlier in this thread. Hope it ships & reaches promptly without custom trouble.
Some people have got it without the customs hassles too and so keep your fingers crossed.

However, in my case the latest status show that they have retained it for following reason:

2016-08-18 13:23

India, MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, Record item customs information (Inb), Air, MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE, Retention reason : Articles importation subject to restrictions import- license

2016-08-13 11:20

India, MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, Record item customs information (Inb), Air, MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, Retention reason : Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

There is no further update after that unlike some of the other cases where they release the product immediately after duty calculation. I will wait for a couple of days before contacting them.

If anyone has better ideas on what my course of action should be then please feel free to share. Thanks.

Finally, it seems to have been released from customs and need to wait for its delivery to know the duty amount.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

My friend shipped CD's from Canada ...and it got stuck at customs ...received a letter at my address on the lines of "penal action will be taken" and I was not in India .So my mom (govt emp) went to see the guy at customs office in CST - Mumbai .... he said a lot of terrorists send propaganda material on CD's ...so they have instructions to confiscate CD's and check each one of them before handing it over .....

My mom anyway was / is not happy with my Audiophile pursuit . So she told him its ok if he does not handover the CD's . Finally he handed over all those A R Rahman CD's to my mother (without any duty) and asked her to tell me not to purchase CD's from abroad ...that was my last purchase three years back ...

now I get it thru my relatives who are staying in US when they come to india .

Surely in this day and age if propaganda material is to be distributed, the internet is far easier than physical CDs. I hope the customs dept catches up with the times before harassing music enthusiasts with some audio CD orders :)

I have received an SMS from Aramex to upload my KYC document to them so they can deliver my item without delays though item is still at Hong Kong. I just wanted to ask if doing as asked s a wise move ? Or will it unnecessarily ensure that I pay customs even if I needn't have done so. Does anyone have any experience with this scenario? Thanks in advance.

I have received an SMS from Aramex to upload my KYC document to them so they can deliver my item without delays though item is still at Hong Kong. I just wanted to ask if doing as asked s a wise move ? Or will it unnecessarily ensure that I pay customs even if I needn't have done so. Does anyone have any experience with this scenario? Thanks in advance.
Ordered Q10 pro from Aliexpress. Item was shipped through Aramex only and I also recieved similar sms from them asking to upload my KYC documents. Uploaded the same.i was charged around 600rps as custom charges

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Harpreetz for your valuable input !!
Will do the same. Hope I'm also charged the same amount unless Mumbai has different guidelines.

Yes it is the correct procedure. I had also uploaded the docs as per aramex and paid 950 Rupees as customs charges on delivery.

usually Aramex generates the message even before it lands in India so that processing will be fast.

it takes one day to clear and you can track it on its website. this way I had a good experience on Aramex.

Not sure what's wrong with my parcel but it is now stuck at Pune with following status for last 5 days:

8/20/2016 2:27:45 PMIndiaPUNE RMSReceive item at sorting centre (Inb)AirMUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE

The local/Mumbai customer care number is not attended by anyone at the post office and it is getting very frustrating.

Plan to visit the GPO tomorrow. Anyone else has faced a similar problem in the past?

Not sure what's wrong with my parcel but it is now stuck at Pune with following status for last 5 days:

8/20/2016 2:27:45 PMIndiaPUNE RMSReceive item at sorting centre (Inb)AirMUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE

The local/Mumbai customer care number is not attended by anyone at the post office and it is getting very frustrating.

Plan to visit the GPO tomorrow. Anyone else has faced a similar problem in the past?

Strange are the ways of our Customs. They are not meant to be understood by us mere mortals.

Yes, this has happened to me sometimes where a shipment gets stuck for weeks at a time and then all of a sudden mysteriously gets unstuck and gets delivered very often without duty.

Visiting Customs usually, but not always, guarantees that you get assessed duty.

I raised an online complaint (yes, such a feature exists) on India Post website and got a reply from Dunkirk line S. O. that they haven't received the package yet. So, the wait continues.

Nevertheless, I must give credit to them for giving a prompt reply the same day (wasn't expecting this level of service from a government organization). It saved me an unfruitful visit to the post office.

Usually all these courier items are small and the customs inspector does not attend to assessing these small packages on urgency. Priority is given to Bigger courier companies.

So DHL, Aramex and others followup to get the courier cleared but govt agencies like India Post do not take the initiative but get cleared in one shot one fine day and from then on the delivery will be faster.

This was my experience. So you have to wait patiently.

So finally my Himedia Q10 Pro arrived via Aramex today. Total duty payable was a whopping 2049/-. Seemed high nut I payed it.

The valuation on courier was for $70 so the assess-able value was 5000. On that the total custom is almost 30% so that came to around 1500. Then being in Mumbai I had to pay Octroi of 6% so that came to around 300. Finally Aramex takes 200 plus service tax as duty brokerage charges.

Add all that up and payable duty crosses 2000 for an item I payed around 11700 to buy. Phew!

So final 'home-received' cost for the Q10 Pro works out to around 14k. Sincerely hope its worth it. Will set it up tonight. Fingers crossed.

Interesting experiences.. So what factors from the below affect..
.. Customs
.. Schedule/ Delivery time

- Courier Service used
- Actual value of item
- Seller stated (lower) value
- Size/ weight / Packaging?

OK here's my history ordered so far
a)1st item in Aug received oct(China post) 8USD
b)2nd item ordered 3rd Jan,refunded in march never received(Yanwen) 6USD
c)3rd item ordered 3rd Jan ,received broken feb end (Sweden post) 10USD(5USD refund)
d)4th item ordered 3rd Jan,received mid feb,5USD(China post)(crap quality;))
e)5th item ordered 26 feb received 26 march,5USD (China post)
f)6th item ordered 26 feb,still waiting 40 USD (China post)

The Yanwen item as per them came to India on 17th Jan itself,I never received it.

If I ever have the guts to go beyond 100USD i would use a paid shipping method to be safe.

Many sellers know broken english and keep copy pasting same message if you run behind for refund,some are really rude at times. Aliexpress favors sellers mostly and delays claims process upto 15days at times.

Fact to add is that due to recent chinese new years they may be facing extra load hence the daly i have seen,but just informed my plight for the knowledge of the FM's.

I have purchased many times from Aliexpress over a period of few years mostly outdoor related products.
China post shipping- will generally be shipped by the seller within 4 days. takes about 4 more days till it leaves china, as the product moves between collection centers. since the seller ships using cheapest method, the collection center waits for adequate numbers. Lands in India within 2 days if shipped by air. Then the wait begins as the low priority parcels are cleared by customs. May take up to a month at customs if the backlog is large and a week if in lean season.
Customs duty... based on my experience varies too much. If you are lucky you may get even large ticket items without duty (basically if the package is small).
Well packed products, shipped thru Fedex/DHL etc will reach you faster, but will attract upto 50% duty as the presumption of the Customs guys seems to be - costlier the shipping method-costlier the product-higher the duty :indifferent14:
So aliexpress shopping is like buy it-forget it - for at least two weeks. Track items thru 17track . net. And yes- even the cheapest product i had bought from aliexpress works flawlessly even though the are firstcopy/"OEM" items

arima for international shipping china mail post free.
remaining u have to pay

Had ordered it from Ali Express on 10th April and got delivery on 14th. Shipping was through DHL. Paid extra for the fast shipping and customs duty was Rs.1066/-(assesable value is just USD 19.80) .

Compared to Apple TV (4th generation, which i have), fit and finish is strictly 7/10. Have tried Miracast & Airplay. Miracast is ok but Airplay is not very smooth as compared to ATV.

Shall try out other features in the coming weeks and post.

no .it was declared under -- dollars by sellers ,so no customs
Declared under "XX" what dollars? whats -- ? Would like to know please so we have some ideas on what NUMBERS help avoid attention by Customs

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back