ordering bluray disc via 20north

john b

hi all,

Is it safe to buy bluray disc from 20north and how fast they can ship the bluray discs if i order from india. can anyone please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

hi all,

Is it safe to buy bluray disc from 20north and how fast they can ship the bluray discs if i order from india. can anyone please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered the BR player as well as couple of BRs from 20th North. Both arrived safely withing 14days (I think the 10th day). I was able to save 200-500/Movie on BR from 20th North, but not on all, you have to pick the titels that have enough price difference to make the order worth.

Thanks sam9s,

Can you tell me, if i order a single bluray disc. is there any duty charges i have to pay for the bluray disc or if i order more than single bluray disc, they will charge me the duty.

thanks in advance

Thanks sam9s,

Can you tell me, if i order a single bluray disc. is there any duty charges i have to pay for the bluray disc or if i order more than single bluray disc, they will charge me the duty.

thanks in advance

Hi,

If the price of any product purchased is <=10k you do not pay any Customs if you check out the product as a GIFT. But If you purchase 10 blurays which costs >10k, you may not pay duty at the time of purchase from 20 north. But if you luck goes bad......... customs people may charge you the duty which you will pay when the product reaches your place.

cheers.

when went on to 20north to buy bluray disc and selected the SUPERMAN-THE MOVIE which is quoted as follows by 20north

List Price = Rs.1925/-
Sale Price = Rs.525/- (66% off)

Then, when i selected this bluray disc for purchase, it says

1) Duty Free Gift Price

Sale Price = Rs.525/-
Custum Duty = Zero
Standard Shipping 21 to 30 days = Rs.215/-
SUB TOTAL = Rs.740/-

2) Non Gift Price

Sale Price = Rs.525/-
Custum Duty = Rs.139/-
SUB TOTAL = Rs.879/-

Last edited:
when went on to 20north to buy bluray disc and selected the SUPERMAN-THE MOVIE which is quoted as follows by 20north

List Price = Rs.1925/-
Sale Price = Rs.525/- (66% off)

Then, when i selected this bluray disc for purchase, it says

1) Duty Free Gift Price

Sale Price = Rs.525/-
Custum Duty = Zero
SUB TOTAL = Rs.740/-

2) Non Gift Price

Sale Price = Rs.525/-
Custum Duty = Rs.139/-
SUB TOTAL = Rs.879/-

Hi,

Mostly Books, DVDs, CDs, and these kind of discs do not attract customs officer's attention. If you are ordering, order at least 3 or 4, so that you can save a good bit on shipping. Also, do look into the reviews of the blu-ray movies in blu-ray.com and other forums before buying them, otherwise you might be ending up buying some craps. I had a prior experience, I was given a blu-ray of LOTR, but after I learned that LOTR has not been released in blu-ray yet. Also, some discs have a bad mixing, so don't fall for cheap prices. There are some good deals on amazon UK, do check that out.

Cheers!

Hi,

... I was given a blu-ray of LOTR, but after I learned that LOTR has not been released in blu-ray yet. ...

Cheers!

These LOTR Trilogy which are being floating on net and other bluray formats are actually recorded from the HD broadcast done in the US/Europe. Even the EXTENDED verion has been broadcasted in HD, and people record the same.:D This is a separate class of people who only record HD stuffs broadcasted in their country, and later populate them on the net.:lol:

cheers.

These LOTR Trilogy which are being floating on net and other bluray formats are actually recorded from the HD broadcast done in the US/Europe. Even the EXTENDED verion has been broadcasted in HD, and people record the same.:D This is a separate class of people who only record HD stuffs broadcasted in their country, and later populate them on the net.:lol:

cheers.

Hi Aneel,

That is a great piece of information. Thanks for that. I still feel how I stupid I looked when someone confronted me with the truth. Thanks you guys for that, especially Konfused, who pinpointed this. But in fact the LOTR looked pretty good to me, maybe I am suffering from deuteranopia.:sad:

Cheers!

Thanks sam9s,

thanks in advance

John, as mentioned per rule duty would not be charged for product imported that are less than 200USD as gift itmes. BUT as anleer pointed luck runs bad andif customs decide that they would charge duty, theres no one to question. And if you ask me how many times that happenes, the ans I got from DLH and 20th North was one in a 100, and you would be surprised that my luck was as bad as one in a 100 that I was charged the duty on my very first order from 20th// :sad: anyway the good news was it still landed pretty less expensive that any BR offering here in India. You can checkout this post for my small experience...

http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-playe...rs/7342-panasonic-dmp-60-a-11.html#post100777

Over all the DHL service and packing is worth, the tracking is too good and you recieve the product on time.

Hi Aneel,

That is a great piece of information. Thanks for that. I still feel how I stupid I looked when someone confronted me with the truth. Thanks you guys for that, especially Konfused, who pinpointed this. But in fact the LOTR looked pretty good to me, maybe I am suffering from deuteranopia.:sad:

Cheers!

This is pretty common on net incase you didnt knw. Before ordering a BR or getting the rip always check if the BR is actually released and what kind of rip it is (usually a good ripper mentions everything).

for all the movie lovers i found an interesting section on 20north that has all the nominated movies from the golden globe awards this year...Surprisingly also found documentary as well as foreign language movies on this site!!!!

This is pretty common on net incase you didnt knw. Before ordering a BR or getting the rip always check if the BR is actually released and what kind of rip it is (usually a good ripper mentions everything).

In fact, the name of the file will almost always have "HDTV" if it is recorded from a HD broadcast. I have seen several such files and the PQ rivals most DVD's. Sound quality is also 5.1 on these rips, but yes they can never equal a BluRay.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back