Ordinary CDP + DAC vs Good Quality CDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dichkaun

If I compare an ordinary DVD player (say the ordinary LG thing) with digital out connected to a DAC (Bredford) vs a good quality CDP like CA 640C, which would be preferable?

Technically, it should be very similar as the DVD player is sending digital signals and the actual conversion to analog is done by the DAC.

Thoughts??

~dich

I think that is good Idea.Most of the modern DVD readers does very good job and if you have good DAC it should match expensive one.Computer DVD reader can be also used.

Thanks venkatcr.
Posted in one of the threads you mentioned. The other one is going OT.

~dich

There have alredy been multiple discussions on DAC. Please read the following threads

http://www.hifivision.com/mp3-mp4-wma-players-accessories/1508-wadia-itransport.html

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/1562-different-take-hifi-3.html

If you need any information more than what is available in those threads, please pose a specific question here and we will be happy to answer it.

Cheers.

Hi .....

I already have a nad326 and wharfedale 9.2 diamonds... I am planning to buy a CDP ...

Need your help and pov on the following

1) is a CDP better than a DAC ..if yes... then which will go with the my current combo

2) i have auditioned the marantz CD 6003 and Azur 550...with wharfedale diamonds and nad amp..

the cds used were (Nusrat with Micheal Brooks and Dire Straits)
the following are the key differences...

Marantz

1) Marantz sounds thinner compared to the azur 550 (less depth in vocals)

2) Display is much better as compared to azur

3) USB and Phono availiable in marantz

4) cost vth bill rs.23000/ and vthout bill rs.20000/-

Cambridge

1) Fuller and warm sound... good vocals more roomier i would say

2) display not so great

3) no usb or phono..

4) cost rs. 25000/-

finally cambridge dacmagic wasnt availible (would be avl in 2-3 days) and will audition that also..(cost of dac magic rs.23000 approx)..

kindly suggest and helping me .. in deciding whether a cdp will do or the DAC will do .. and vch should be my preffered choice(budget till rs. 25 k).. my music more new age and fusion and ghazals....

Regards

Neetant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back