Our own audiophile YouTube reviewer - FM Vikram Paul

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

Guys,

Vikram Paul @vikramdesigner - a Hifivision forum member has been uploading AV clips showcasing his gear for some time now. He is particularly known for the sound quality of the clips he posts. (Being a media designer by profession, he should know a thing or two about what interests the viewers)

Vikram has now gone a step ahead and uploaded his first review - of his latest acquisition, the KEF R3 on his channel. It’s a short video (guess all good things start small), but you can see him talking about the speakers like professional reviewers.

And like he always does, he has a nice demo recording here:

I hope Vikram continues to review more gear and his channel grows in viewership so that more audiophiles can get.benefitted by Indian reviews. All the best for your endeavour, Vikram!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great - just subbscribed to him. Nice to see if provide details in there. Biggest challenge of being an audio-video reviewer is on the equipemens you can own. There is a limit to equipements that you can buy and after some time your inventory runs out. Not sure what to do after that.

I am running a YouTube channel as well : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwDy8x0yAyyvI8LMabXUeTQ?

Some of my reviews here:

There is a limit to equipements that you can buy and after some time your inventory runs out. Not sure what to do after that.
Yes , I completely agree with this as a limitation for an individual, but as a community it should not be a problem. You could borrow stuff and review. Or decide on the subheadings of each review and maintain an uniform format for review so others can review in a similar fashion and share the video with you ; which you can share on YT under the title of friendly FM reviews Xyz stuff. Broaden the scope of your channel by naming it as "Singh & Friends reviews " etc...

If someone is technically qualified, he/she should invest in testing the gear technically, which will add an additional authenticity to the channel. Most high end gear have international members reviewing them on YouTube, so you can see any gear playing on YT easily. But sadly very few test them technically ; I'm not expecting a OCD level of testing done with ASR but a basic testing will be helpful. Alternatively someone can dig the measurements from other websites and share them on your YouTube channel with permission.

Just my cents.
BTW don't forget to share the cents earned in a collaborative manner, equitable distribution ensures more dedicated participation!

but as a community it should not be a problem.
don't forget to share the cents earned in a collaborative manner
Broaden the scope of your channel by naming it as "Singh & Friends reviews " etc..

Yes - so true. Collboration is the key.

I was giving this idea to @Nikhil here at Hifivision to see if he would be interested in collaborating to work together on YouTube channel. I believe this community has great knowledge and we can have an informative video series started. We don't know how financially it'll pan out but all that can be shared together.

If someone is technically qualified, he/she should invest in testing the gear technically,

I agree with this aspect. There are many who look at technical eval of equipements - however, capturing user experience is equally important. Again - content can be scripted based on the target audience. Example, we must do full tech eval for Anthem and Arcam, however review of Denon 2600 need to target user experience more.

Guys,

Vikram Paul @vikramdesigner - a Hifivision forum member has been uploading AV clips showcasing his gear for some time now. He is particularly known for the sound quality of the clips he posts. (Being a media designer by profession, he should know a thing or two about what interests the viewers)

Vikram has now gone a step ahead and uploaded his first review - of his latest acquisition, the KEF R3 on his channel. It’s a short video (guess all good things start small), but you can see him talking about the speakers like professional reviewers.

I hope Vikram continues to review more gear and his channel grows in viewership so that more audiophiles can get.benefitted by Indian reviews. All the best for your endeavour, Vikram!
How was this recorded.Did I get to hear the sound as it is from the sweet spot through a mic.Or is the recording through a record out of the amp?

How was this recorded.Did I get to hear the sound as it is from the sweet spot through a mic.Or is the recording through a record out of the amp?

its true ambient sound recording , i placed my stereo Mic right in the middle, 5 feet far from the system. mic was plugged to dslr cam so both audio and video was captured, other camera from side view. (Nikon Z6 DSLR back and side SONY ZV1cam ).

tried focusing only the system and not to capture the tripod and mic which will distract. Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.36.43 PM.png

Last edited:
Guys,

@vikramdesigner Sounds Superb!! Looking forward to more such reviews :)

Guys,

@SachinChavan
Thanks a lot for sharing this video in our Forum. After long thought I have posted this YouTube video,

I am planning to do more AV gears review and unboxing videos in YouTube. I request all of you to subscribe my channel and provide your valuable feedback for improvement.

@SachinChavan
Thanks a lot for sharing this video in our Forum. After long thought I have posted this YouTube video,

I am planning to do more AV gears review and unboxing videos in YouTube. I request all of you to subscribe my channel and provide your valuable feedback for improvement.
Nice review Vikram ji... already subscribed

its true ambient sound recording , i placed my stereo Mic right in the middle, 5 feet far from the system. mic was plugged to dslr cam so both audio and video was captured, other camera from side view. (Nikon Z6 DSLR back and side SONY ZV1cam ).

tried focusing only the system and not to capture the tripod and mic which will distract. View attachment 50185
Thanks.Great job done.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back