Panasonic 50V10 plasma Or Samsung 46 LED 7series

s_siva2376

Help? Am Confused which one to buy. Must buy in 2 days - Panasonic 50" V10 Plasma or the Samsung 46" LED 7series. Both Cost the same . Please advise. Looking for a quick response. Thanks in advance.
Siva.:clapping:

what price are you getting these for?

Pls let us know the usual questions - watching distance from TV, lighting conditions, sd or hd content etc.

Help? Am Confused which one to buy. Must buy in 2 days - Panasonic 50" V10 Plasma or the Samsung 46" LED 7series. Both Cost the same . Please advise. Looking for a quick response. Thanks in advance.

In brief for gaming/movies in dark/dim rooms consider the V10. For SD and bright rooms consider the LED LCD. Having said this if you have sufficient distance from the V10 you may be able to neglect its poor SD performance.

There have been plenty of discussions on this forum and many others regarding the problems plaguing the LED series(backlight bleeding,uneven screen uniformity as a result/loss of shadow detail in dark rooms)
As menioned several times before be prepared to take a hit on ur monthly bills with the V10 though. A 42 inch G10 user reported a 250 bucks increase in his monthly bill in the first month of use.
Infact the 7 series LCD may be better in a lot of respects than the 7 series LED and cheaper
Personally considering the money you are willing to spend i would whole heartedly recommend the V10.
And yes how much are you getting the V10 for.

Last edited:
Thanks for your inputs. The V10 (MRP Rs.149,900) and the Samsung 46"LED (only TV without frills) retail at Rs.135,000. here in Chennai.
I'm more convinced now that V10 is a better buy.Thanks .
Siva:yahoo:

Thanks for your inputs. The V10 (MRP Rs.149,900) and the Samsung 46"LED (only TV without frills) retail at Rs.135,000. here in Chennai.
I'm more convinced now that V10 is a better buy.Thanks .
Siva:yahoo:

I think that is still around 7k more than Bangalore. In Bangalore it retails at around 127500 at Modern World. There is another dealer here who i am sure will give it for less. Though i am not sure of Chennai prices there may be dealers in Chennai who could possibly give for as less.

Wow. 7K is quite a difference. 50V10 is unavailable in Chennai for the past few weeks only one Panasonic Exclusive dealer has 2 fresh stocks (I have waited for 3 weeks Now). May have to bargain with him.Thanks mate.
Siva

Wow. 7K is quite a difference. 50V10 is unavailable in Chennai for the past few weeks only one Panasonic Exclusive dealer has 2 fresh stocks (I have waited for 3 weeks Now). May have to bargain with him.Thanks mate.
Siva

You can surely get the V10 for a much lower price, that too in Chennai.
I was quoted 1.28 lacs after negotiation, here in bangalore.

And you can take a look at Sam 46B750 too, its non-led but its rated much higher than the 7series LED in almost all the forums and it will cost you around 1.1 lacs...

@GFREEMAN
Hey good news, stocks have been released of the 46B750, but it was slightly out of our budget, so went for the 42LH90...

V10 should be the choice. Though LED technology is still evolving, if you can get your hands on LG 47" LH90, then you can definately pick that one up....highly recommended and TV is out of stock from everywhere

@GFREEMAN
Hey good news, stocks have been released of the 46B750, but it was slightly out of our budget, so went for the 42LH90...

Hey mate Nikhil_J. Any idea where all the B750 might be available. Any on display? I would have gone visting showrooms myself . But i am so sick of spending so many of my weekends in showrooms. :sad:

My calls over the past one month or so were to how much the price of the V10 had come down by. Modern world's selling it for 127500. The brandshop is stil selling it for 129000. Still 10k-15k more than my budget.

Hey mate Nikhil_J. Any idea where all the B750 might be available. Any on display? I would have gone visting showrooms myself . But i am so sick of spending so many of my weekends in showrooms. :sad:

My calls over the past one month or so were to how much the price of the V10 had come down by. Modern world's selling it for 127500. The brandshop is stil selling it for 129000. Still 10k-15k more than my budget.

I doubt if they'll ve any on display, but got confirmation from my Dad's friend that it was released. Contact Rajtronics once: 080-41311901

If its not available there, just PM me your no., ll contact the guy and ll let you know abt its availability...
And i doubt that V10's price ll be comin down. They need to sell in large nos. if the price has to go down, which for V10, i doubt the nos. ll be achieved;)

Friends Finally I settled for the Panasonic 50 V10 yesterday. Everything is good abt. it. I bargained bit a got a few freebies not a price reduction.
Regards,
Siva:)

Friends Finally I settled for the Panasonic 50 V10 yesterday. Everything is good abt. it. I bargained bit a got a few freebies not a price reduction.
Regards,

Congratulation s_siva2376!! You are probably the first person to buy this TV in this forum then A lot of other including myself have been yearning for this set for quite some but find the budget atleast 15-20k more. Please do post some pics. Possibly some progressive DVD pics and maybe blu ray :)

Last edited:
Regards,

Hey congrats Siva, it was my dream tv too, wish you a great time wit it, enjoy...
And pics please:)

Regards,

We will surely be awaiting a detailed review from you.......I have been waiting for this TV to come in the 1 lakh range....seems it will remain a dream until panny comes us with a new series based on the technology bought from Pioneer...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back