Panasonic 58 inch TH-58D300DX Full HD LED TV

May I know the title of the seller from whom You ordered your Panny and how many days did it take to arrive at your location ?
And was it company sealed for sure ?
Nevertheless Congratulations for this beast of Yours.Should like an in-depth review of it asap.

Latest TV Details :

Panasonic 147.32 cm (58") Full HD Standard LED TV TH-58D300DX
Sold By Value Plus Retail pvt ltd

Paid on 9th October, Packed on 10th Oct ,Shipped on 11th.
Delivery Date was 16th Oct. Post this Blue dart screwed up and took 3 days to deliver due to Diwali and shortage of staff. I escalated and spoke to their manager finally he sent it on 19th afternoon on Diwali. It came via surface package was packed well with bubble wrap and thermocol.

Installation is not yet happened as Paytm does the same now should happen on Monday. Guess they have a high backlog due to festival. Only once it is done i would be able to update the rest of the status.

Last Year TV details :

Panasonic TH-42C410D 106.68 cm (42) LED TV (Full HD)
Sold by seller ElectronicShopee

Paid on 16th January 2016. Shipped on 19th Jan. Delivered on 27th January.
This was again via surface and by Bluedart. Installation was done on 29th January by Panasonic. I had to call the customer care and request for the same.

Change from this year compared to last year :

Earlier Panasonic was doing installation for the same now paytm does the same. Panasonic is charging 2500+ taxes for installation if bought from Paytm.

For paytm the installation is done by 24/7around. Once they do the same will be able to update.

Warranty remains the same in both cases. You just need to have the original invoice with the details from the seller on the same.

Advantage of Paytm :
I got good discount and cashback offer on both the TV's with very good pricing.

Loss :
Delivery time and Installation time. Last time it was 10 days in January 2016. This time due to festival its going to be 14 days.

Rest i have not faced any other issues. Apart from following up with Bluedart to deliver my item as they delayed delivery by 3 days.

Latest TV Details :

Panasonic 147.32 cm (58") Full HD Standard LED TV TH-58D300DX
Sold By Value Plus Retail pvt ltd

Paid on 9th October, Packed on 10th Oct ,Shipped on 11th.
Delivery Date was 16th Oct. Post this Blue dart screwed up and took 3 days to deliver due to Diwali and shortage of staff. I escalated and spoke to their manager finally he sent it on 19th afternoon on Diwali. It came via surface package was packed well with bubble wrap and thermocol.

Installation is not yet happened as Paytm does the same now should happen on Monday. Guess they have a high backlog due to festival. Only once it is done i would be able to update the rest of the status.

Last Year TV details :

Panasonic TH-42C410D 106.68 cm (42) LED TV (Full HD)
Sold by seller ElectronicShopee

Paid on 16th January 2016. Shipped on 19th Jan. Delivered on 27th January.
This was again via surface and by Bluedart. Installation was done on 29th January by Panasonic. I had to call the customer care and request for the same.

Change from this year compared to last year :

Earlier Panasonic was doing installation for the same now paytm does the same. Panasonic is charging 2500+ taxes for installation if bought from Paytm.

For paytm the installation is done by 24/7around. Once they do the same will be able to update.

Warranty remains the same in both cases. You just need to have the original invoice with the details from the seller on the same.

Advantage of Paytm :
I got good discount and cashback offer on both the TV's with very good pricing.

Loss :
Delivery time and Installation time. Last time it was 10 days in January 2016. This time due to festival its going to be 14 days.

Rest i have not faced any other issues. Apart from following up with Bluedart to deliver my item as they delayed delivery by 3 days.
Sorry !
But I couldn't find any dealer by the name "Value plus retail Pvt. ltd."selling this set.Am I missing something here or the abovementioned seller quit from the platform or the set has simply gone out of stock with the seller ?

Can somebody post real pictures taken by self of the TV set,ports & accessories they got with TH-58D300DX.
Also the real price they bought it for,with complete mention of offer & details.

I want to know the significance of 3D lookup table in a LED TV.Is there any real advantage in terms of PQ.The Panasonic49 ES630D have it but the 55ES500D haven't it.

Dushie dear,I m still waiting for the review of ur 58" panny.Didn't U get urs installed even by now?

Yes got the same installed went through a big ordeal. 24/7 around person turned up after multiple follow ups. The box did not come with a wall mount. He did not have one with him to install the TV. Luckily the previous Panasonic i bought last year still had it mount and it could be used on the 58" one. So i used my own personal mount and got it setup. The installation guy said in big tv's they do not send the mount anymore with the box, for smaller sizes it does come along. Do not know how true the statement is as i have always got the mount with the TV's i have bought earlier.

24/7around does not have the wall mount for this TV in stock. They will give me a replacement mount as i used mine once they have in stock. No concerns with the TV at over 7 feet viewing distance HD looks fine. I have hooked up TS HD on the same.

If you asked me to compare PQ. It's good for the price paid for the size of the screen.
Personally i am a Plasma fan and you can't compare PQ on this to my old plasma. There are multiple options to set the PQ settings. Have to set them up. Was trying to look up some calibration settings for this online . But unfortunately no other owner has posted his settings. Did not notice any motion Blur on the HD movie channels. I do not watch much sports.

Sound is not that great, a sound bar is recommended. Personally i picked this below one and would recommend the same once it is under offer around 6k. As it gives a bang for the buck and i am happy with it.

https://www.flipkart.com/blaupunkt-...ndbar/p/itmevufca6hkpdys?pid=ACCEVUFCSED4XCGH

Got few messages asking for pricing. I did post it earlier it's costing 55k in Paytm. on Amazon it is costing 57k as of now with Rs 400 as delivery charges link below.

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-147...9251558&sr=8-1&keywords=58d300dx+panasonic+tv

Paytm would be cheaper as they are giving cashback of 10K. I know folks do buy Vu and TCL and Sanyo and the list goes on. But somehow i trust Panasonic more and this has a IPS panel.Personally I do not find any use of buying a 4K tv for now as no local content is available. I do not download stuff and watch. Everything is online on Amazon Prime or Netflix or Kodi.

Will update the thread as i get more details would update the same.

Last edited:
Yes got the same installed went through a big ordeal. 24/7 around person turned up after multiple follow ups. The box did not come with a wall mount. He did not have one with him to install the TV. Luckily the previous Panasonic i bought last year still had it mount and it could be used on the 58" one. So i used my own personal mount and got it setup. The installation guy said in big tv's they do not send the mount anymore with the box, for smaller sizes it does come along. Do not know how true the statement is as i have always got the mount with the TV's i have bought earlier.

24/7around does not have the wall mount for this TV in stock. They will give me a replacement mount as i used mine once they have in stock. No concerns with the TV at over 7 feet viewing distance HD looks fine. I have hooked up TS HD on the same.

If you asked me to compare PQ. It's good for the price paid for the size of the screen.
Personally i am a Plasma fan and you can't compare PQ on this to my old plasma. There are multiple options to set the PQ settings. Have to set them up. Was trying to look up some calibration settings for this online . But unfortunately no other owner has posted his settings. Did not notice any motion Blur on the HD movie channels. I do not watch much sports.

Sound is not that great, a sound bar is recommended. Personally i picked this below one and would recommend the same once it is under offer around 6k. As it gives a bang for the buck and i am happy with it.

https://www.flipkart.com/blaupunkt-...ndbar/p/itmevufca6hkpdys?pid=ACCEVUFCSED4XCGH

Got few messages asking for pricing. I did post it earlier it's costing 55k in Paytm. on Amazon it is costing 57k as of now with Rs 400 as delivery charges link below.

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-147...9251558&sr=8-1&keywords=58d300dx+panasonic+tv

Paytm would be cheaper as they are giving cashback of 10K. I know folks do buy Vu and TCL and Sanyo and the list goes on. But somehow i trust Panasonic more and this has a IPS panel.Personally I do not find any use of buying a 4K tv for now as no local content is available. I do not download stuff and watch. Everything is online on Amazon Prime or Netflix or Kodi.

Will update the thread as i get more details would update the same.
Did U get to see whether the set was company sealed or otherwise?
I m a bit apprehensive here.whether a display unit might be sent.
This particular set is not deliverable at my location.I m considering 55ES500D or 49ES630D
As for Panasonic large LEDs,I saw somewhere that it doesn't provide wall mount for free.:mad:

This particular set is not deliverable at my location.I m considering 55ES500D or 49ES630D
As for Panasonic large LEDs,I saw somewhere that it doesn't provide wall mount for free.:mad:

It was a sealed unit in packing i checked the same when it was unboxed.

I also considered online but finally got Pana 49 E 400D from showroom with 1+1(panel) warranty, cashback of ICICI credit card and showroom also, good price and fixed mount with sealed piece. This was Diwali offer. I had also bought additional three year total warranty .

It was a sealed unit in packing i checked the same when it was unboxed.

I concerned abt a few things:

1. Power consumption of this tv.
2. How well it fares with PC Input
3. If it's having Optical Audio Out to connect with Sony RT3 home theatre system.
4. Since its a DLED display,do you also have black corners issue on your set while displaying pure white images,like netflix home screen?
5. Can we connect and play 1TB WD passport through usb easily? and firestick2 aswell.
6. any heating issues or so with tv set? or other requirements like stabilizer,earthing,problems while using on inverter etc.

I concerned abt a few things:

1. Power consumption of this tv.
- No idea it has a 2 Start Rating, never worried about power consumption earlier. I have 2 plasmas at home apart from this.
2. How well it fares with PC Input :
I have not tried the same but works very well and PQ is nice on Bluray and HD content.
3. If it's having Optical Audio Out to connect with Sony RT3 home theatre system.
- Need to check i did not see any optical out , it's wall mounted currently.
4. Since its a DLED display,do you also have black corners issue on your set while displaying pure white images,like netflix home screen?
Have not faced this issue yet on Netflix or even on seeing pure white images.

5. Can we connect and play 1TB WD passport through usb easily? and firestick2 aswell.
Have not tried this as i play all my content rhough media play.
6. any heating issues or so with tv set? or other requirements like stabilizer,earthing,problems while using on inverter etc.
No heating issues its working fine. I have not used a stabilizer or invert-er for over 12 years now.

Ordered the Sammy 49ES630 on 08:11:2017 after assurances and experience of "Dushie dear" and much consideration.Till shipment everything was perfect.standard installation free.Now a message comes saying "standard installation shall be chargeable". First blow from Paytm.
Fellow members,let me know if anything can be done and by the way how necessary this installation part is and how much does it cost ?
What if,the installation part is avoided because the integrity of the set is to be inspected on our own when the parcel arrives.

No heating issues its working fine. I have not used a stabilizer or invert-er for over 12 years now.
Hi Mr Dushie I am planning to buy Th 58 D 300dx from local store in chennai for 58000.my doubts are: Is it a IPS panel ( Panasonic showroom guy said it's not IPS and asked me to go for th 55 es500d), is 58 d300 better than th55e500 D model.Also let me know the refresh rate of 58d300 Can you post some pictures..I will be buying any of these models next week.

Hi Mr Dushie I am planning to buy Th 58 D 300dx from local store in chennai for 58000.my doubts are: Is it a IPS panel ( Panasonic showroom guy said it's not IPS and asked me to go for th 55 es500d), is 58 d300 better than th55e500 D model.Also let me know the refresh rate of 58d300 Can you post some pictures..I will be buying any of these models next week.

kindly verify whether 55es500 really got 800BMR? mentioned anywhere on its packaging/user manual ask showroom guy for front and back pictures of ports and packaging.

I am glad that I followed Mr. Dushie and took the plunge.Everything went so smoothly on Paytm while purchasing my first smart Television.Again many many thanks to Mr. Dushie.I am liking my set so much:licklips:

When Panasonic showroom guy said then most probably its not an IPS LED.Panasonic has probably discontinued this set and thats why its not possible to get authentic knowledge about its features.Only Owners of this set can confirm about its features.In my view,You should be better off with 55ES500D.My track went from TH 58D300DX to TH 55ES500D to finally rest on TH 49ES630D.

When Panasonic showroom guy said then most probably its not an IPS LED.Panasonic has probably discontinued this set and thats why its not possible to get authentic knowledge about its features.Only Owners of this set can confirm about its features.In my view,You should be better off with 55ES500D.My track went from TH 58D300DX to TH 55ES500D to finally rest on TH 49ES630D.

would you like to post its front-back pictures here brother?

would you like to post its front-back pictures here brother?

I didnt understand ur question. If U r asking for snapshots of my newly bought 49ES630 then sorry I cannt post snapshot from the backside as it has already been fixed to the wall.Will post a few snapshots if U confirm my assumption.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back