Panasonic Ae8000 price in India - URGENT

I am also looking forward to buying a projector.I have settled on Epson5020 or Penny AE8000. I notice that some of you are mentioning the price of Epson5020 at 1.3 lac and Pennyae8000 at 1.9 lac. However the same are being quoted above 2.5 lac. Usually i buy projector from usa and wait for some one to bring it to India as some of my friends are always visiting USA . But i will definitely go for these prices in India . Please do let me know from which sellers these projectors are available. Presently I own MitHD1000 a wonderful projector but it has run out of lamp (2372 hrs for 2000_ great run) and now I want to upgrade as it was not a full HD. Thanks

I am also looking forward to buying a projector.I have settled on Epson5020 or Penny AE8000. I notice that some of you are mentioning the price of Epson5020 at 1.3 lac and Pennyae8000 at 1.9 lac. However the same are being quoted above 2.5 lac. Usually i buy projector from usa and wait for some one to bring it to India as some of my friends are always visiting USA . But i will definitely go for these prices in India . Please do let me know from which sellers these projectors are available. Presently I own MitHD1000 a wonderful projector but it has run out of lamp (2372 hrs for 2000_ great run) and now I want to upgrade as it was not a full HD. Thanks
I bought mine in delhi for 1.3L from abhi projections. Abhi Projection. Also, the Indian model for epson 5020 is tw8100 and its mrp is Rs 1.7L. Anyone asking more than 1.7 is simply trying to take you for a ride.

Last edited:
I bought mine in delhi for 1.3L from abhi projections. Abhi Projection. Also, the Indian model for epson 5020 is tw8100 and its mrp is Rs 1.7L. Anyone asking more than 1.7 is simply trying to take you for a ride.

Thanks . I contacted epson people and closed the deal at 132500. I still cant believe the price which is even a bit lower than in USA. I almost asked my friend to bring it from USA- would have come at the cost of warranty. Thanks again.

Thanks . I contacted epson people and closed the deal at 132500. I still cant believe the price which is even a bit lower than in USA. I almost asked my friend to bring it from USA- would have come at the cost of warranty. Thanks again.
Congrats. Who did you buy it from? Same people who quoted more than 2L for it earlier?

Btw, it's not exactly the same as 5020UB though. Like I mentioned earlier, epson cut some corners in its rest of the world offering (tw8100) compared to its US counterpart (5020ub) by not getting the tw8100 THX certified. Thankfully, it doesn't really matter much as its not much more than an image preset so you're not really losing much here.

bro, can u confirm the warranty bit of 3 years and what all it covers ? my retailer is saying 1 year on basis of his bill. where do i get the 3 year warranty card from ? pls help
i got my projector from rhythm corner for about 1.3 tax paid and 1 pair of glasses free.

i agree with the views on the epson 8100 W and its absolutely rocked my world ! i am getting an image size of almost 140 " and that too from a throw of not more than 12-14 feet ! and the image is super bright moreover i dont need a screen to get the gain and that too with brightness set to ZERO !! i got to know that by chance my painter applied a very decent white paint which is not reflecting the light and absorbing it to give off an amazing picture ! totally love the epson !

bro, can u confirm the warranty bit of 3 years and what all it covers ? my retailer is saying 1 year on basis of his bill. where do i get the 3 year warranty card from ? pls help
i got my projector from rhythm corner for about 1.3 tax paid and 1 pair of glasses free.

The warranty is for 2 years only. The earlier post where I mentioned it being 3yr is incorrect. Sorry. (Thanks mods for fixing the post now).

Also, the lamp of the projector has a much limited warranty in comparison. 6 months or 500 hours. Whichever comes first.

Last edited:
Congrats. Who did you buy it from? Same people who quoted more than 2L for it earlier?

Btw, it's not exactly the same as 5020UB though. Like I mentioned earlier, epson cut some corners in its rest of the world offering (tw8100) compared to its US counterpart (5020ub) by not getting the tw8100 THX certified. Thankfully, it doesn't really matter much as its not much more than an image preset so you're not really losing much here.

I got the deal from Epson people in Mumbai and have received the projector. It is perfect match fro my Marantz Av , Monitor Silver and Elite screen. I have setup a dedicated theater in my basement and enjoy mostly tv serials like Deadwood, Dexter, prison break, Sherlock, Breaking Bad and lots more. I find them way better than movies. Thanks again for your wonderful and timely advice it saved me a lot of headache and money

Yeah, when it comes to projectors in India, the epson tw8100 is a very good no brainer buy. It's the perfect match of price, PQ (both 2/3d) and other features (lens shift, local warranty, etc) which is hard to beat unless you upgrade your budget to over 2L. This should last us long enough (with maybe one new bulb if used heavily) to not bother with anything else until 4k HT projectors with 20k+ hours bulb life (led/laser) becomes available within an affordable budget. :)

The warranty is for 2 years only. The earlier post where I mentioned it being 3yr is incorrect. Sorry. (Thanks mods for fixing the post now).

Also, the lamp of the projector has a much limited warranty in comparison. 6 months or 500 hours. Whichever comes first.

Hi, Could you share the contact of the gents that you got this from?

just to add Panasonic Ae8000 is not as good as Ae7000 as from my experience. In Ae 8000 we feel a lot of noise on the picture i mean dots are felt on the images noticebly. As far as the comparison of Epson and Panasonic is concerned Panasonic Colours are much richer and better than Epson. Info about Panasonic buying lcd panels from Epson is false

I want to purchase panasonic pt ae 8000 projector in Delhi Can anyone tell me the dealer name and mobile no. My budget is 1.3 lac. and required dealer warranty.

Thanks for the info :) .

Yeah, I had looked into it yesterday but I have one main concern -
Seeing how I have a 150inch screen and sit around 9 feet away. will the image be as sharp as an HDTV despite being blown up to that size? It would really suck if the picture is soft. One thing I see that the Panasonic has is the Detail Clarity Enhancement feature.

If your requirements are Sharpness and brightntess, please see the below comparision from the same projector reviews site...

Below is Pany AE8000
pt-ae8000_bond_lake_large.jpg

And the below is Sony HW50ES
vpl-hw50es_bond_lake_large.jpg

Another Sample (See the shirt lines patterns on shoulders and see his eyes)

Below one from Pany AE8000
pt-ae8000_ironman2_racecar_large.jpg

And again Sony HW50ES
vpl-hw50es_ironman2_racecar_large.jpg

The final sample.

And also note, Panny AE8000 best mode lumens output is 602 lumens where as Sony best more lumens are 992 lumens(Based on projector reviews)

Panny AE8000

pt-ae8000_bond_yellow_large.jpg

Sony HW50ES

vpl-hw50es_bond_yellow_large.jpg

I think, India version of Epson 5020UB is TW9100. Which having THX mode.

Last edited:
The final sample.

And also note, Panny AE8000 best mode lumens output is 602 lumens where as Sony best more lumens are 992 lumens(Based on projector reviews)

Please ignore, I think i have wrongly replied to a post, posted on April.

Please ignore, I think i have wrongly replied to a post, posted on April.

Hello Swamy,

It does not matter if it is a old post and is still relevent now. I was also searching arouind for Panny AE 7000.

I heard (not really sure! as I do not want to spread unnecessary rumour if it is wrong!) that panasonic is going to exit out of projector bussiness. I feel I should not get carried away with this and think of going for panny ae7000.

Otherwise I am also convinced AE7000/8000 is a good alternative for Epson TW8100.

The picture looks a lot different with THX as I had seen pictures on projector central in article comparing TW 5020 UB(equivalent of TW 8100) and panny AE 8000.

the TW 5020 UB has THX certification. The movie picture and skin tone looks more natural.

But now if you put TW 8100(which does not have THX) with panny AE 8000 the picture in panasonic looks better.

All this I had concluded from the various reviews with pictures available on web.

Hello Swamy,

I heard (not really sure! as I do not want to spread unnecessary rumour if it is wrong!) that panasonic is going to exit out of projector bussiness. I feel I should not get carried away with this and think of going for panny ae7000.

The picture looks a lot different with THX as I had seen pictures on projector central in article comparing TW 5020 UB(equivalent of TW 8100) and panny AE 8000.

the TW 5020 UB has THX certification. The movie picture and skin tone looks more natural.

But now if you put TW 8100(which does not have THX) with panny AE 8000 the picture in panasonic looks better.

All this I had concluded from the various reviews with pictures available on web.

Personelly i will vote for Panny AE8000 compared for 5020UB (Even it has THX). Panny are very strong in image processing and reproduction than epson.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back