Panasonic DMP-BD30 bluray player

mandeep

hey guys

Does Anyone here knows when will Panasonic DMP-BD30 be available officialy in india, i am waiting to buy one........and any news about others..plz share

Not sure about Panasonic, but I believe Sony has a BDP (not 100% sure).

Besides, a number Indians are banking on PS3 for blu-ray disk play back. So that seems to be an okay option for the time being.

In any case, Blu-ray disks will take time to take off in India. Who wants to pay 1000 Rs to watch a 2-months movie :)

Except the *full* HD audio decoding & lack of display screen, PS3 is superior or equivalent to any other BD players in the market. Panasonic DMP-BD30 can be made region-free for SD DVDs with special remote.

If you are not a frequent overseas traveller and don't buy blurays frequently best bet is to build a HTPC capable or running HD moves and get someone to ship HD materials in HDD. I'm not intended to encourage piracy, but you guys know the drill!

Besides, a number Indians are banking on PS3 for blu-ray disk play back. So that seems to be an okay option for the time being.

Yup, Sony has a BDP listed on their site. I think its the first gen model they released last year. Cost Rs.60K! I've also seen BD movies in Planet M stores in Delhi. Cost Rs.1800 each. But there are only 5-7 titles. Whats the point of all this I don't understand. Why release a BDP that costs as much as their own LCD TVs?!

For now, am happy with good ol' DVDs!

In any case, Blu-ray disks will take time to take off in India.
EROS has promised 500 titles. The first one is already out.
Sony is planning 100, starting May.

Who wants to pay 1000 Rs to watch a 2-months movie
You can count on me for one :)
Just waiting for the profile 2, 3 players to arrive.

Regards,
Sharad

In any case, Blu-ray disks will take time to take off in India.
EROS has promised 500 titles. The first one is already out.
Sony is planning 100, starting May.

Who wants to pay 1000 Rs to watch a 2-months movie
You can count on me for one :)
Just waiting for the profile 2, 3 players to arrive.

Regards,
Sharad

Great! Now I know one person I can borrow Blu-ray disk from :D

First they should fix the painfully long load times for discs with BD-J content. Else I feel it is too soon to invest in a BD player. I understand newer players will use hardware acceleration to increase startup and load times which are up to 2 minutes for some titles now -- that will give buyers more confidence.

Regarding loading times, PS3 is quickest with less than 90 seconds, followed by Panasonci BD30 (2 minutes). Worst is Pioneer LX70, with a loading time of 4 minutes!!

Pioneers BDP LX70 is a great player. since the market is growing the prices should drop every month.

regards

yes sunill is right on the loading time , but apart from that i personaly fell that pioneer BDP L 70 is better then Sony or Panasonic in terms of Picture quality and sound.

regards

Hi all,

I have a Panasonic BD30, that I got from the US in Feb. It has decent load times. The reason I picked this one even when it didnt do DTS MA or DD THD is becuase I upgraded to onkyo 875 which does. Also for standard DVD's I find the HQV upscaling way better than the BD30's. So I play it off my older DVD player(onkyo).

Went thru about 3 firmware updates and I havent seen any glitches so far.

regards

insane prices! usually UK prices are very high, but BDP1400 costs just £170 here

well that nothing new in india every thing except food is expensive.
the samsung should ideally costs 22000 in india after customs+vat+sales tax.

even the ps3 should be priced at 21000.

VKiran thanks for sharing your experience!
I am in the US right now and picked up this player, along with 10 BD disks.
I have been watching these in the 42 inch LCD in the hotel, and they look gorgeous. Every time I put in a disk to try out, I end up watching the complete movie!

So now the next step. Did you have any problem at the customs at Bangalore?

Thanks,
Sharad

No problems with customs at all. I just put in my check in bag after stripping all the packing except the plastic and thin foram cover. I guess it passed off for a DVD player whihc no one cares for anyway.

BTW, this was the old airport then in BLR. I have no idea how the new one works. I think you'll be fine. Just as dumb and say 'DVD saar'

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back