Panasonic DMP BDT220 - anyone lucky making it region free ?

Where are you located? I have a universal remote that I bought for this purpose and I was able to make it DVD region free. I have no further use for it. If you are interested you will need to make all shipping arrangements. I'm in Bangalore.

Where are you located? I have a universal remote that I bought for this purpose and I was able to make it DVD region free. I have no further use for it. If you are interested you will need to make all shipping arrangements. I'm in Bangalore.

I am planning to apply the update from the firmware site mainly for playing the PAL DVD's?

Will this universal remote method allow this Panasonic DMP BDT 220 imported from US to play PAL DVD's? I am more interested in making this player to play PAL DVD's and can live with playing Blu Rays from Region A and C alone.

No. The remote hack will not allow PAL playback. For DVDs alone, why don't you buy an upconverting DVD player. Granted that you will have one more device, but at least you don't have to depend upon region free firmware.

Most of the time you simply don't know what you are talking about and your posts are a combination of missing knowledge and wild guesses.

I just want to protect other people from your misleading bullshit posts.

Whatever. But what matters more is that you are not wanted here. So take a hike.

hmmm I did the same thing and still got rejected. Not sure what else could be the problem. I hope they will allow me to register again.

Tried again on firmwareinfo but no luck. Bought a URC 7140 for the remote hack; that didnt work either. Frustrated:mad:

Firmwareinfo has "zero tolerance" policy for any mistakes done during registration or subsequent request for firmware. Many people have been banned without providing any reason, and the MAC-Id is blacklisted. The site says that the instructions to register and then to request firmware are fairly clear. You must follow them strictly.

If you have been rejected, you must made a mistake. Problem is you may not realize what.

Thanks for the inputs Just4Kix and Nukster3

Will try to register and update the firmware by this weekend.

Just4Kix,

Even I thought of going for an additional DVD player with Hdmi O/p, but as I currently do not have an AVR, will have to switch the cables often so dropped that idea.

I was trying few things yesterday and was able to play a PAL content movie from my system's hard drive via Nero media player software in this Panasonic player:yahoo: So atleast till I apply the patch, I can use this route to play the movies.

I need clarification on the below 2 dumb questions:

1.Will there by a quality loss when playing the same content via the network instead of playing it from the DVD?

I tried playing the file from the system connecting my Panasonic player to my 47" TV and did not notice any major difference, but need to check this when connecting the player to the projector.

2.Will this steaming of my movies from my system via Nero media player to the TV using my airtel wifi connection be counted as the data transferred for my airtel account?

Hi

I want to make my 'Panasonic DMP BDT 220' region free for DVD playback. I need your help and guidance to do the same. Please let me know how we can take it forward. I am also based out of Bangalore.

Regards, Amit

1.Will there by a quality loss when playing the same content via the network instead of playing it from the DVD?

I tried playing the file from the system connecting my Panasonic player to my 47" TV and did not notice any major difference, but need to check this when connecting the player to the projector.
It depends whether the signal is being upconverted to 1080p or not. The BDP will mostly like (99.9%) upconvert but the PC and software may or may not. Otherwise, there is no difference. At other times, the player (via PC or player), it is simply reading the file (video) and sending it to the display device.

2.Will this steaming of my movies from my system via Nero media player to the TV using my airtel wifi connection be counted as the data transferred for my airtel account?
No. When you are streaming like this, you are strictly inside your LAN. There is no data transfer to outside world. Airtel (or any other ISP) does not come into picture. So this data will not affect your data plan.

Just4Kix,

Even I thought of going for an additional DVD player with Hdmi O/p, but as I currently do not have an AVR, will have to switch the cables often so dropped that idea.

Does your TV have only one HDMI-in? Even if all HDMI ports are occupied, you can always buy a HDMI port/switcher (easily available on eBay and other places). If multi-region DVD playback with PAL/NTSC freedon is your main concern, then buying an upconverting DVD player is the easiest option.

Does your TV have only one HDMI-in? Even if all HDMI ports are occupied, you can always buy a HDMI port/switcher (easily available on eBay and other places). If multi-region DVD playback with PAL/NTSC freedon is your main concern, then buying an upconverting DVD player is the easiest option.

Just4kix,

Both my LG TV's have more than 1 hdmi port.

I am currently using this player with my Epson Tw8100 projector and have been using a 15m HDMI cable for the connection.

I have 2 other DVD players(LG and Onida) both do not have the HDMI out and only Component out ports, so the only option to use either of these players is to go for a component to hdmi converter which I think is way costly and not sure about the output quality.

Another alternative is to keep either of these DVD players near the projector and use the existing 3m Component cable, once again not sure about the o/p video quality and procure a bigger AV cable to connect the Audio out of these players to my Sansui home theater. I feel this involves lot of cable management.

So my option to play PAL DVD's video content for now are:

1.All the content from my hard drive via the Nero media player and this works fine. I am not sure whether I can copy all the contents from the PAL DVD to the hard drive as the first disc I tried copying thrown an error message.

For my PAL DVD's will have to do either of the three options:

1.Apply the patch by spending approx 30 Euros close to 2500 INR and use the existing setup without any modification

2.Go for a new DVD player with HDMI out once again comes to less than 3000 INR

3.Get a new AVR mostly it will be Denon X 2000 costs around 52K and speakers for around another 60K -This will be done in the longer run to complete my dedicated home theater setup.

Just4kix,

Both my LG TV's have more than 1 hdmi port.

I am currently using this player with my Epson Tw8100 projector and have been using a 15m HDMI cable for the connection.

I have 2 other DVD players(LG and Onida) both do not have the HDMI out and only Component out ports, so the only option to use either of these players is to go for a component to hdmi converter which I think is way costly and not sure about the output quality.
Component to HDMI converters are not recommended.

Another alternative is to keep either of these DVD players near the projector and use the existing 3m Component cable, once again not sure about the o/p video quality and procure a bigger AV cable to connect the Audio out of these players to my Sansui home theater. I feel this involves lot of cable management.
Component cable can provide signal quality upto 1080i. But in case your old DVD Players, you may get a maximum of 480p/576p. Good component cables are safe upto a distance of 40 feet which should be sufficient for most HT/Projector needs. Cheap cables may compromise the signal.

So my option to play PAL DVD's video content for now are:

1.All the content from my hard drive via the Nero media player and this works fine. I am not sure whether I can copy all the contents from the PAL DVD to the hard drive as the first disc I tried copying thrown an error message.
You cannot copy copy-protected DVDs just like that. They need to ripped. You can use DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink for the purpose. Nero Media player is OK but VLC player is much-much better IMHO.

For my PAL DVD's will have to do either of the three options:

1.Apply the patch by spending approx 30 Euros close to 2500 INR and use the existing setup without any modification
That is definitely an option.

2.Go for a new DVD player with HDMI out once again comes to less than 3000 INR
As I said above, if you are concerned about DVDs only and not BDs, then upconverting DVD Player is the best option.

3.Get a new AVR mostly it will be Denon X 2000 costs around 52K and speakers for around another 60K -This will be done in the longer run to complete my dedicated home theater setup.
All the best for that. May that day arrive sooner than later.

You cannot copy copy-protected DVDs just like that. They need to ripped. You can use DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink for the purpose. Nero Media player is OK but VLC player is much-much better IMHO.

Ok that explains why I am not able to copy the contents.

I am using Nero media player as a media renderer and sharing my contents on the hard drive and then from Panasonic player playing those files. I am not sure whether VLC player can do this will try it today thanks for the inputs.

I haven't tried Nero or VLC as a renderer. I was speaking strictly on media playing capabilities. It is not as if Nero is bad, just that VLC is better player.

Ok that explains why I am not able to copy the contents.

I am using Nero media player as a media renderer and sharing my contents on the hard drive and then from Panasonic player playing those files. I am not sure whether VLC player can do this will try it today thanks for the inputs.

Makemkv. Rips like charm. I have had issues with vlc.

I can send instructions by email.

I am trying to make my Panasonic BDT-220 region free. It worked a long time ago via firmwareinfo.com. However, some DVDs were really jumpy. I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware version, but the administrator at firmwareinfo.com won't reply to my posts requesting a firmware upgrade. Any way you can help?

Thanks.

I too have hit a dead end with making my bdt220 region free. Firmwareinfo people haven't accepted my messages on membership. I have also tried sending codes to the player through different remotes but none worked.
Any other way that I can try?

Firmwareinfo.com is no longer working. website is not opening. Can any one let me know other alternate ways to make my Panasonic dmp-bdt 220 region free?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back