Panasonic DMP-BDT330 Blu-Ray Player

flat_listener

Hi everyone...

Question for those much more knowledgeable about Blu-ray players... budget around 15K.

I am not sure what features to look for to assure we can access streaming content and play BR movies.

What do I need to look for in a player so it will be future ready for a projector and big screen?
I have short listed a Panasonic DMP-BDT330 from the list below on a friends recommendation.

Pioneer BDP-180
Philips 5000 Series
Panasonic DMP-BDT330
Samsung BD-H6500
LG BP-420

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions...

Hi

I use a Pioneer and it works very well.

Not experience with Panasonic but heard that the 220 model was a big hit......

Based on connectivity options available, price tag and a lot of honest online reviews and demo videos on you tube....you need to decide....also check warranty options and region playback....all the best

DMP-BDT330 may not be the brand's flagship deck, but this versatile Blu-ray player sure has good VFM factor.

Commendable AV quality, neat form factor, Mira-cast feature, 4K up scaling should you feel the need for it... no analogue outputs, though.

What's the MRP?

I have auditioned this in a HT demo with a dealer and my observations...

Excellent picture and sound
Nice design
Plenty of connections
4K up scaling

As i will be using HDMI connection, lack of analogue out is not a drawback in my case.

The dealer quoted 15K... is this a reasonable price?

Pioneer would be a safe bet. It will have better components used than the Panasonic.
That is speculative. The Panasonic BDT 330 is a much loved and highly regarded blu ray player - reviews have consistently rated it very high. I haven't used both so cannot compare. Panasonic makes great products and their plasmas and projectors are world class

I chose this player based on the recommendations of a friend from the industry... according to him, the new generation Sony, Philips and the likes are better avoided.

Hi everyone...

Question for those much more knowledgeable about Blu-ray players... budget around 15K.

I just placed the order for Pioneer BDp-180. If you can wait for some time I will share the feedback on it. I am really not sure about the other brands other than what I have read online. Isn't the Panasonic model almost 2 years old launch. Or is there an updated version.

BDP-180 is 2015 August / September launch.

Where are you finding the other brands. In Hyderabad nothing else was available. Online other than ebay, the products are either above MRP or are out of stock.

Thanks
Rahul

Pioneer may have more AV format support.Else either can be considered as per the reviews.

I chose this player based on the recommendations of a friend from the industry... according to him, the new generation Sony, Philips and the likes are better avoided.

Any particular reason attributed to this. I have read somewhere that Sony is no longer the same quality as before

Hi,

Is Panasonic started BR Players again? Some time back they had launched an BluRay model it had quiet good reviews around and later they had stopped the production of that model. If they have started again, then I would like to know where did you had audition of that? I am from Bengaluru.

Regards!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back