Panasonic DVD Player not recognizing some mp3 files.

akcoolrider

I have a slightly old (2007) DVD Player which supports AAC, mp3 and WMA formats in audio and .avi in video and DVD video. It plays videos and DVDs nicely but when it comes to mp3s, it plays some but not others. I know there are many codecs. Its odd that when I converted a bunch of .wv files to mp3 using MediaCoder (Lame Mp3), it is only listing 4 of the 35 odd files. Those 4 converted mp3 files are played by the player. All 35 files are played by Windows Media Player on my laptop. The settings for conversion are all the same for all songs and since the songs are from the same CD, there is unlikely to be a difference in their recording audio parameters.

This happens also when i convert an mp4 to an mp3. What I am looking for is to find the simplest mp3 converter with a codec known to be bare bones or simplest so that most players, including old ones like mine, can play the mp3 files created using them.

A technical explanation also will be welcome!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back