Panasonic OLED available in India yet?

Freak

Hi,

Time to buy a widescreen again. I have a Panasonic Plasma currently, working fine. I noticed that only LG OLEDs are available in Indian market (checked online). Is the Panasonic OLED 2017 model available in India?

Thanks

Sony A1 available. Listed at 3.65l for the 55 inch. Unlike the LG options, there are no significant discounts. Current offer is a free PS4 and some cashback schemes. Dealer discounts over and above this tend to be below 10%. Panasonic doesn't seem to be bringing their top end TVs to India these days

Sony A1 available. Listed at 3.65l for the 55 inch. Unlike the LG options, there are no significant discounts. Current offer is a free PS4 and some cashback schemes. Dealer discounts over and above this tend to be below 10%. Panasonic doesn't seem to be bringing their top end TVs to India these days

Thanks. Not sure whether to go for tempting LG deals or wait till next year for more improved models or import a Panasonic by trading my kidneys:lol: if that's even possible.

Thanks. Not sure whether to go for tempting LG deals or wait till next year for more improved models or import a Panasonic by trading my kidneys:lol: if that's even possible.

LG is giving decent deals on OLED ones..
I have got 1.85L offer for B7 55 inch model which is very good in my eyes. I see another user got E7 for 1.75L. You can try them without trading your kidneys :)

LG is giving decent deals on OLED ones..
I have got 1.85L offer for B7 55 inch model which is very good in my eyes. I see another user got E7 for 1.75L. You can try them without trading your kidneys :)

wow...1.75L for E7?? That's irresistible...Thanks, will consider. Also heard that Dolby Vision is better than hdr10, not sure. Just that I envy the PQ of Panasonic, unbeatable

wow...1.75L for E7?? That's irresistible...Thanks, will consider. Also heard that Dolby Vision is better than hdr10, not sure. Just that I envy the PQ of Panasonic, unbeatable

Depends on what you are trying to watch. On 1080p and lower content, the Panasonic has better video processing and upscaling.

With 2160p, the LG is miles ahead due to it's implementation of active hdr metadata processing on hdr10 content, support for Dolby vision for dynamic per frame metadata and finally much better tone mapping for higher than 1000nits content with a much less aggressive auto brightness limiter. For the money, the LG B7/C7 is unbeatable for ultra HD with HDR.

Also buy the cheapest 2017 LG oled you can get. All have the same processing and picture quality this year.

Last edited:
Depends on what you are trying to watch. On 1080p and lower content, the Panasonic has better video processing and upscaling.

With 2160p, the LG is miles ahead due to it's implementation of active hdr metadata processing on hdr10 content, support for Dolby vision for dynamic per frame metadata and finally much better tone mapping for higher than 1000nits content with a much less aggressive auto brightness limiter. For the money, the LG B7/C7 is unbeatable for ultra HD with HDR.

Also buy the cheapest 2017 LG oled you can get. All have the same processing and picture quality this year.

Thanks. The HDR content on LG panels look great but there are some major issues like motion blur/judder/soap opera effect, rainbow effect. This was the case in 2016 models but not sure if they have fixed it in 2017 models. Panasonic claims that rainbow effect is caused because LG panels cannot process rich colour gamut. Also Panasonic defends it's hdr quality by claiming that it does not compromise on picture details over brightness. Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Thanks. The HDR content on LG panels look great but there are some major issues like motion blur/judder/soap opera effect, rainbow effect. This was the case in 2016 models but not sure if they have fixed it in 2017 models. Panasonic claims that rainbow effect is caused because LG panels cannot process rich colour gamut. Also Panasonic defends it's hdr quality by claiming that it does not compromise on picture details over brightness. Appreciate your thoughts on this.

The Panasonic oleds use the same LG wrgb oled panels in the end. So the gamut would majorly depend on that. The LG B7 does 99% of DCI-P3 so that should sort out most color volume questions in Rec.2020. For more coverage, oleds need to get brighter. Also there is no way the Panasonic can do better HDR as it only supports hdr10 with static metadata compared to the active(quasi dynamic) system for LG. On top of that it doesn't support Dolby Vision and Panasonic has no plans to support it either. The EOTF of the LG 2017 sets is biased towards preservation of shadow details with a much less aggressive ABL making it the best tv for HDR according to hdtvtest.co.uk whom I rate pretty highly for reviews of TVs.

The major benefit the Panasonic has over the LG for rec.709 content is a working cms. However almost all LGs seem to be well calibrated from factory so this is moot. For film mode or video mode interlaced content, the video processing on the Panasonic is far far superior. LG still has a long way to go to catch them. So if that is a major criteria, I would say get the Panasonic.

As far as I am concerned, I feel for 1080p or lower, it's better to use madvr with reclock on an htpc and upscaling to 4k60 with an nvidia gpu instead is a far better solution than using crappy sources and leaving the processing to the TV.

The Panasonic oleds use the same LG wrgb oled panels in the end. So the gamut would majorly depend on that. The LG B7 does 99% of DCI-P3 so that should sort out most color volume questions in Rec.2020. For more coverage, oleds need to get brighter. Also there is no way the Panasonic can do better HDR as it only supports hdr10 with static metadata compared to the active(quasi dynamic) system for LG. On top of that it doesn't support Dolby Vision and Panasonic has no plans to support it either. The EOTF of the LG 2017 sets is biased towards preservation of shadow details with a much less aggressive ABL making it the best tv for HDR according to hdtvtest.co.uk whom I rate pretty highly for reviews of TVs.

The major benefit the Panasonic has over the LG for rec.709 content is a working cms. However almost all LGs seem to be well calibrated from factory so this is moot. For film mode or video mode interlaced content, the video processing on the Panasonic is far far superior. LG still has a long way to go to catch them. So if that is a major criteria, I would say get the Panasonic.

As far as I am concerned, I feel for 1080p or lower, it's better to use madvr with reclock on an htpc and upscaling to 4k60 with an nvidia gpu instead is a far better solution than using crappy sources and leaving the processing to the TV.

That was very insightful. Now I am seriously considering E7 or B7. Considering the fact that Panasonic is not available in Indian market and that it is way too costly compared to LG, think it is better to choose LG. Thanks for sharing your views. Appreciate it.

That was very insightful. Now I am seriously considering E7 or B7. Considering the fact that Panasonic is not available in Indian market and that it is way too costly compared to LG, think it is better to choose LG. Thanks for sharing your views. Appreciate it.

Spend on the E7 only if you like the design. In terms of picture quality, the b7/c7/e7/w7 are identical. Personally I am a cheapskate so I would buy whatever I get - B7 or c7 at the lowest price :p. I am planning to get one too. Let's see what Diwali offers they give. Prices are pretty decent already at around 175k for the 55".

Spend on the E7 only if you like the design. In terms of picture quality, the b7/c7/e7/w7 are identical. Personally I am a cheapskate so I would buy whatever I get - B7 or c7 at the lowest price :p. I am planning to get one too. Let's see what Diwali offers they give. Prices are pretty decent already at around 175k for the 55".

That's great. I'd be interested in purchase during the same time as well. Please let me know if you get better deals (have added you to my contacts). I am very bad at bargaining :lol:. I'd be very happy with B7 but in this thread itself, another user (niv) said someone got E7 at 175k. So if that's the case, E7 or else B7.

Last edited:
I think C7 has the best table-mount design. Also wondering if I should wait till they announce 2018 models after which the price may drop.

Reliance Digital gave me that quote.

after gst shouldnt prices be same across india?

best quote i could get from Reliance Digital store in mumbai is 2.5 for 55 c7 (they said they dont keep b7) & from croma i got 1.9 but they said it was only special offer for Dussehra & i'm not sure whether to buy this year or wait for next year's model so i didnt buy it then

Reliance Digital gave me that quote.

Hi, I'm in Bangalore and also interested in the C7. Can you please let me know from which Reliance in Bangalore you got the quote. Thanks in advance.:)

Also I was wondering if anyone had a LG voucher for LG OLED TV offer.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back