Panasonic or Samsung ?

sanchits

hi, planning to buy a 32" lcd and have a max budget of 28k. I have shortlisted the following models of panasonic and samsung and need all your suggestions in which one to go for.
Panasonic l32x9 - 25k
panasonic 32x10 - 27k
samsung LA32B450C4 - 28k

guys please help me as i am very confused as i am buying an lcd for the first time. Though i am inclined towards viera 32x9 due to its great value at just 25k and 3 yrs warranty. But, i have heard that samsung make better lcd's, and the only one within budget is from the L4 series. Is it really worth going in for samsung ?

Samsung makes better LCDs, but the cheaper price and the 3 year warranty does make a compelling case for the Panasonic. They are not bad TVs either. So you'll have to take a call between absolute quality and sheer value. In terms of the latter i think the Panny wins.

When buying my 32", I felt that the Samsungs were better than the bottom of the rung 32" Panny's.

I would have bought the 450. Went for the 530 just because it was around 3K more than the 450.

Panasonic has better viewing angles. Verify the viewing angles at a store. Panasonic will not give out contrast when viewed from acute angles.X10 and X9 are both good choice.

now, all of you have really confused me, i was planning to go in for samsung now, but as "psychotropic" said that panny price and 3 yr warranty is tempting. But, then i heard that panny doesnt have 24p which is necessary to view blue ray stuff. Cause i am going to use the tv fr ps3 and DTH. How is X11, i am getting this one for 27.5k and samsung for 28k. The only thing that is pulling me towards panny is 3 yrs warranty. But if you guys think that samsung LA32B450C4 would be better for ps3 and SD content then i'll go for it. I have another question, what about LG 32LH35FR, it is fullHD with great features like divx thru usb and 4ms response time and 80,000:1 etc. i am getting one for 30k, is LG any good in making LCD's. In terms of features its High end and is great value. Or should i leave everything and go in for safe and sound samsung.

I would prefer Samsung anyday. Have done comparison with Panasonic and others.

After thorough comparison, I bought one 46B530 and one 32B530.

Don't know what Samsung does in India, but in the US, their practices are not so good. They carry out something called as a "Panel lottery" in which they fit cheaper panels into some LCDs of the lower models. One can only check which panel is in their LCD after it has been bought. I don't know if this practice is followed in India too.

Personally, for display, I would always rate Sony as the best. They have brought out new models now, EX, BX and NX series. Check out the Sony India website. The models are now available in electronics shops.

BTW, Panasonic has been known to make good plasmas. And supposedly, in CES 2010, their plasma was said to rival Pioneer's KURO displays, which were the very best.

i am getting Samsung - LA32B530P7R from series 5 (FULL HD) for 31k, how is the deal and this tv. I have finalized on this tv.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back