Panasonic P42G10 or Sony 40EX500 ....

Yes most games are SD, but I intend to game via a PC and watch movies via a PC at FullHD, ....Still confused, there is no way I can audition them both next to each other, the only way I can do this is take my PS3 to both the stores the same day right after each other or something similar...

also what about the NX500?

Last edited:
Yes most games are SD, but I intend to game via a PC and watch movies via a PC at FullHD, ....Still confused, there is no way I can audition them both next to each other, the only way I can do this is take my PS3 to both the stores the same day right after each other or something similar...

also what about the NX500?

Nanu, NX500 is nothing but a glorified EX500. NX500 has a "protective" glass layer in front of the lcd panel & a glossy finish. While a glossy finish may look very good in the showroom, it will reflect produce a lot of glare if your living room is brightly lit.

^^err, I guess you mean a golorified EX400 as the EX500 has MotionFlow100Hz which the NX500 doesnot....

Hi,

I am just confused between the two both are FullHD, and almost the same price. I would be connecting it to a PC as well as Airtel DTH and PS3.

For Airtel/SD the only thing I watch is Football and a bit of Discovery etc.
So its primary for Gaming via PC and PS3 and for 1080p/720p movies all via HDMI except for the DTH of course.

40% gaming
40% Movies
20% DTH (with Football WC coming up this might become more for the first month or so.)

The 42G10 is for 69,000/- from Panasonic in Pune and the Sony 40EX500 is for 73,000/- as per the website sure it would be as much as the Panasonic if I go and ask around.

I believe the Panasonic is the way to go for me. I like plasmas better for movies and for gaming but how is it to use as a computer monitor? For gaming there is no comparison as Sony will most definitely have higher input lag compared to the Panasonic, and the Panasonic is also better in Contrast ration.

There is no way I can compare the two sets next to each other else the decision would be simpler. Please advice if I am making the right decision before I go and regret my purchase.

I had the LG42PQ60 HD-ready before this, and I like it for sure, how much better is the G10 compared. the LG is not gifted to Dad that's why I need a new one.

Thanks a lot.
Hi Nanu,
One point i would like to make. in Kolkata i just asked the price of G10 (with papers for sure andI think it also comes with 0% EMI) its 59,900. the shop name is Promises Instruments - 03322836118. Last year I bought G10 42 " fro 56.4k during diwali offers - its gr8 but I don't do any gaming. I use normal cable tV(no DTH) asnd lots of movies.

hemant,
S10 is better than G10. Specs as well as Viewing vise.
Hmm... Is that your opinion, based on what? Or is there any scientific, logical reasoning for your statement?

The S10 is a total waste of money and a scam. Although, it is claimed to be Full HD, it actually is not. Between the two, there is no comparison. The G10 is by far better. My suggestion would be to buy the X10, but in case you are hung up on the FullHD moniker, then I suggest buying the G10.

Two differences i found out was tat
X10--Panel G12 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
X10--Power 285Watts
X10--speakers r nt in front
A20-Panel G13 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
A20--Power 230 Watts
A-20--speakers r in front,,,, so may be better quality

wat say?? A20 better than X10 for 1000 bugs more..

yeah "bugs" in ordinary parlance would mean problems.
i was flummoxed reading the same post in a number of threads.

sorry for the same post... I am in a hurry to get this Pana... sorry guys...
so wat do u say X10 or A20 .. wat r d differences

X10 is a tried and tested model. It is good. But has this reported black level degradation problem which comes bundled with 2009 plasmas.

A series is new 2010 TVs. Not tried and tested but could have gotten rid of the black level degradation problem.

No concrete answers as of now. If you want reviews, wait for them. If you are in a hurry, select either of them. I would select the new one.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back