Panasonic P42V20D File format supoprted using USB/SD Card

krunal161

Hi Guys,
This is Krunal from Pune.I bought Panasonic P42V20D on last saturday in 62.5K. I'm yet to connect to Airtel DTH but can see movies and all.. Thank you all for helping me out in buying this TV. I am really happy to view it vision and I'm sure I haven't taken wrong decision. I was going to Pay 65K but this thread helped me and bargained rate.. :)

I need some more helps from you guys who own this TV.
I have 2 queries.

1. Video mode.
Although there are quite a few pre-defined mode , I found Dynamic is the best one. Do any of you have any good settings tested which can be applied or any other view like Normal, cinema, true-cinema are better?

2. Also it plays only avi files and not also all avi files but only few avi files.
I tired using USB. Any idea why so and which other files I could play and any software to convert movies to the AVI format which my tv expects?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Krunal

Dynamic is too vibrant and its doesn't look natural, google for recommended settings, calibrating will even help in reducing power consumption as well.

Hey manu, I would be grateful to you if you can help me about how to calibrate?
The guy who came at my home, just installed TV and went away and didnt give any kinda demo.

Thx,
Krunal

As far as settings and calibration goes, you can refer this thread thoroughly :
http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...-settings-problems-impressions-questions.html

Some more calibration details are here :
Panasonic V20 review - FlatpanelsHD

But remember the settings that look good for me may not suit others :p, try to keep contrast at 50 or below for first 200 hours though.

With regards to file support Panny or Sony are not in league with the rest, that is one downside of the Panasonic or Sony range. The V20 supports Xvid though, but divx itself has so many different versions that at times some of our regular DVD players with divx capability will refuse to play. I suggest you get a dedicated media player like WDTV, Popcorn or Asus Oplay mini which will support most formats and is upgradable.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back