Panasonic Plasma 42C10 @43K AGN EXCHANGE!

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Source Mumbai Mirror

AGAINST EXCHANGE ( ??? Not specified)

Panasonic Plasma- 42C10 @ 43 K
In KOHINOOR

Dadar,Thane,Andheri,Vashi.Domboivali,Amabarnath.Lamgtn Rd

ISTHIS PRICE GOOD??

( No relation like mental,psycological ,PHYSICAL with Pana or Kohinoor !):eek:hyeah:

todays, toi Bangalore has a similar kind of offer but without exchange its costing 44k i believe,

i have posted the pic of the same -

I was quoted 42k for c10 and 44k for x10, here in Delhi, without exchange or bargain.

I came away unimpressed because the skin tones were just not right in whatever they were playing. The white was just washed out due to the high contrast, the shop attendant said something about it being only the 'divided' signal from a stb being the cause...

Need to see the LG pq70 now...

I was quoted 42k for c10 and 44k for x10, here in Delhi, without exchange or bargain.

I came away unimpressed because the skin tones were just not right in whatever they were playing. The white was just washed out due to the high contrast, the shop attendant said something about it being only the 'divided' signal from a stb being the cause...

Well you should always carry your own media and ask them to playback the same, to see the performance of the set, i even ask them to change the settings as normally they would have it on showroom or demo mood, which looks pathetic on plasmas if not calibrated properly, they do this because they will keep a plasma and lcd side by side and then tell customers how good the lcd is in terms of picture quality and brightens and contrast levels, which is a big load of crap, i remember once i went to adishwar when i was buying my plasma, i kept a 42" lcd and plasma together i made the PQ adjustments on the plasma and then played same media on both, with lights on and lights off, the plasma rocked and lcd looked crap, this incident happened 2 years ago when i bought my Q9

well the reason plasma shows washed out whites is because it takes a lot of effort for plasmas to display bright whites,this is also the time when it consumes the most amount of power and generates significant amount of heat when displaying the color white.as the area of whites displayed increases the brightness of the whites decreases.
if u wan't some decent whites u have to go for the G10 or a pioneer kuro, of course they still can't match the whites of lcd but is more then adequate unless of course u use them outdoors or in bright room.

Last edited:
Hey I purchased Panasonic 42C10 for 39K in exchange of my old 21" CRT from Kohinoor Vashi on 12th Oct 09.
Also got the Zee Dish TV free. Only paid 225/- after installation at my place in Airoli.

No need to say how good this TV is! Aleready tested 100 DVDs atleast in just 18-20 days now coupled with Philips 3368 DVP (3.6K from Maharashtra Gramophone, Dadar)

Last edited:

I had a side by side demo of C10 & LG PQ30 yesterday with equivalent settings on both. C10 had Airtel digibox directly connected and PQ30 had Tata Sky connected from a monitor out of another TV. I was shocked (actually disappointed since I was inclined towards C10 until then) to see that PQ30 was much better in every respect (contrast, blacks, details especially). C10 looked thoroughly washed out. The only plus I saw in C10 was that colors were more natural than PQ30. Did anybody else had similar observations?

u have to go for the G10 or a pioneer kuro, of course they still can't match the whites of lcd .

Not true. Kuro 500m and 111FD displays the best whites of any flat panel television, In fact the most accurate colors of any flat panel television.LCD 's have more brightness which might makes the white looks good, but they are not as accurate as the pioneer plasma when compared in a dim lit room side by side.

http://www.valueelectronics.com/images/pdf/VE 09 HD shoot out results of the attendees.pdf

Sound & Vision Magazine - Sound & Vision's 2008 Editors' Choice Awards

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/HomeTheater_PRO-111.pdf

Sound & Vision Magazine - Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-111FD 50-inch plasma HDTV

Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-111FD reader reviews - NYTimes.com

don't just post wrong information unless you have some valid resource to back it up.

Last edited:
Not true. Kuro 500m and 111FD displays the best whites of any flat panel television, In fact the most accurate colors of any flat panel television.LCD 's have more brightness which might makes the white looks good, but they are not as accurate as the pioneer plasma when compared in a dim lit room side by side.

who said anything about colors.
i was saying in a bright room.plasma as of today can't match the lcd or OLED for brightness.
in a bright room u loose the blacks in plasma.

Last edited:
OK, I thought white is a color.

well whites certainly looks dim in a bright room.even ambient light plays a role ,in the way we see colors.
if u watch scenes showing snow,compare a lcd and a plasma u will see the whites are not the way they are supposed to look.
take a top gear polar special video and go watch in plasma and a lcd or plently of snow scenes discovery ch etc

well whites certainly looks dim in a bright room.even ambient light plays a role ,in the way we see colors.
if u watch scenes showing snow,compare a lcd and a plasma u will see the whites are not the way they are supposed to look.
take a top gear polar special video and go watch in plasma and a lcd or plently of snow scenes discovery ch etc

There are many ways to compare Whites which a flat screen tv shows.

Thanks for the great insight on how i can watch snow to see white, but no thanks, cause Ive seen enough still images and videos to check out the potential of a plasma.

Pioneer kuro and Panasonic's latest gen plasmas can show amazing whites in a dim lit room, while kuro can show amazing accurate whites even in a fairly bright room almost better than any LCD as of now.

There are many ways to compare Whites which a flat screen tv shows.

Thanks for the great insight on how i can watch snow to see white, but no thanks, cause Ive seen enough still images and videos to check out the potential of a plasma.

well its ur wish whether u want to see it or not.but thats what it is.

a plasma may show good whites,bright whites too.but as the percentage of white increases interms of area the intensity of the white decreases,this the same time plasma generate the most amount of heat,u will see the cooling fans kick in,after a brief period and also consume the highest power at that time.

this the same time plasma generate the most amount of heat,u will see the cooling fans kick in,after a brief period and also consume the highest power at that time.

You think people don't know that plasma generates the maximum heat and uses the most power while displaying white?

Anyone with descent amount of knowledge will know this, also that this phenomenon does not have anything to do with displaying accurate whites, but rather a little disadvantage of plasma that they use lot of power while displaying white.

You think people don't know that plasma generates the maximum heat and uses the most power while displaying white?

Anyone with descent amount of knowledge will know this, also that this phenomenon does not have anything to do with displaying accurate whites, but rather a little disadvantage of plasma that they use lot of power while displaying white.

well lots of people don't know that.well the intensity of whites changes.
also when they test for colors or black levels or white levels ,its done in a dark room. with ambient light its a different story,where lcds excel.

Last edited:
well lots of people don't know that.well the intensity of whites changes.
also when they test for colors or black levels or white levels ,its done in a dark room. with ambient light its a different story,where lcds excel.

To be honest, i'm really fed-up of this constant war for one-upmanship between u folks.. i have nothing against either of u, but it is hijacking most threads and is very frustrating.. if u have things to say to each other, please use PM.. or setup a separate thread just for that..

let's stick to what this thread was created for..

thanks.

I had a side by side demo of C10 & LG PQ30 yesterday with equivalent settings on both. C10 had Airtel digibox directly connected and PQ30 had Tata Sky connected from a monitor out of another TV. I was shocked (actually disappointed since I was inclined towards C10 until then) to see that PQ30 was much better in every respect (contrast, blacks, details especially). C10 looked thoroughly washed out. The only plus I saw in C10 was that colors were more natural than PQ30. Did anybody else had similar observations?

EXACTLY my observations too regarding SD. I thought I was being biased.
This makes us two of us who have the same opinion.

I have a question. Did you go after 7 PM when the showrooms were brightly lit? Also where in hyd do they have both in display? I did not see them together in hyd yet. Also did you get a chance to see samsung plasma?

Maybe the location of hyd has something to do with our observation when the whole world says otherwise?? ;)

Hey I purchased Panasonic 42C10 for 39K in exchange of my old 21" CRT from Kohinoor Vashi on 12th Oct 09.
Also got the Zee Dish TV free. Only paid 225/- after installation at my place in Airoli.

No need to say how good this TV is! Aleready tested 100 DVDs atleast in just 18-20 days now coupled with Philips 3368 DVP (3.6K from Maharashtra Gramophone, Dadar)

Can you comment on the SD performance? Especially DTH? How is it performing in normal lighting conditions (with single tube light) in the main hall? (Without interference of window or anything)?

Nobody gives ideal demos for plasmas I suppose.

EXACTLY my observations too regarding SD. I thought I was being biased.
This makes us two of us who have the same opinion.

I have a question. Did you go after 7 PM when the showrooms were brightly lit? Also where in hyd do they have both in display? I did not see them together in hyd yet. Also did you get a chance to see samsung plasma?

Maybe the location of hyd has something to do with our observation when the whole world says otherwise?? ;)

I took the demo at around 8pm in TMC Begumpet. Showroom was bright ofcourse, but not too much. They have both these models on display. They had samsung too, but they had problems getting the digibox connection till the place where the tv was present so I couldn't get a demo of it.

I took a demo of C10 & G10 in pana showroom in kukatpally. There I didn't find them too washed out, but they were definitely soft and had natural colors (which probably makes things less fancy). The confusion I had in the pana was that both C10 & G10 had similar & decent SD quality, even though I was expecting C10 to be better because it's only HD ready. I was expecting some sharpness & pixelation in G10 but it was not the case. Either G10 was doing a good job or C10 was bad. Couldn't conclude.

What are you inclined to buy at the moment and why? Apart from pana & LG plasmas I have shortlisted sammy b530 lcd, philips 9703 & sony w550a. Sony looks best as of now except the price because which I am holding on.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back