Panasonic Plasma model TH-50PF11UK available in India?

sam1233

Hi all,

Panasonic TH-50PF11UK - Buy Panasonic TH-50PF11UK online in India, best price n review

Is this model available in India?

Can I buy this model

Panasonic | TH-50PF11UK 50" Plasma Display | TH-50PF11UK

The price is almost comparable to India, still in US its cheaper of $300. But Customs and transport etc adds on top of it. Since I am planning to ship with other items, so transport cost is nil.

How much it cost a 50 inch full hd panasonic plasm costs in india? What model and its price. I was thinknig of this model available in India already.
Panasonic-TH-50PY850 - Buy Panasonic-TH-50PY850 online in India, best price n review

Would it be worth buying this TH-50PF11UK from USA?

Thanks

For 300 bucks (~14K Rs) - you are giving up on the warranty not counting the packaging etc. If you had one service call during the warranty period, it would negate the exercise. I would look at big ticket items with a differential of 500 and upwards to get from US or if the product is not easily available in India
Hi all,

Panasonic TH-50PF11UK - Buy Panasonic TH-50PF11UK online in India, best price n review

Is this model available in India?

Can I buy this model

Panasonic | TH-50PF11UK 50" Plasma Display | TH-50PF11UK

The price is almost comparable to India, still in US its cheaper of $300. But Customs and transport etc adds on top of it. Since I am planning to ship with other items, so transport cost is nil.

How much it cost a 50 inch full hd panasonic plasm costs in india? What model and its price. I was thinknig of this model available in India already.
Panasonic-TH-50PY850 - Buy Panasonic-TH-50PY850 online in India, best price n review

Would it be worth buying this TH-50PF11UK from USA?

Thanks

Thanks Marsilian for your valuable suggestion.

You have any idea of a 50 or 52 inch 1080p(Full HD) TV/Monitor costs? I am looking for a plasma model.

I prefer Panasonic plasma.

Is this website Online Shopping and Price Comparison India - Compare Prices and Shop Online for Mobile Phones, Computers, Gifts and Camera, reliable, It gives just info, but do not say where to buy etc. So I doubt this model TH-50PF11UK available in India.(But how they list as list price of $129000)

Currently what are the available plasmas(50 or 52 inch,FULL HD) in Indian market?

Last edited:
Thanks Marsilian for your valuable suggestion.

You have any idea of a 50 or 52 inch 1080p(Full HD) TV/Monitor costs? I am looking for a plasma model.

I prefer Panasonic plasma.

Is this website Online Shopping and Price Comparison India - Compare Prices and Shop Online for Mobile Phones, Computers, Gifts and Camera, reliable, It gives just info, but do not say where to buy etc. So I doubt this model TH-50PF11UK available in India.(But how they list as list price of $129000)

Currently what are the available plasmas(50 or 52 inch,FULL HD) in Indian market?

Sam, would you know the cost to ship a 50" plasma from US to India? Also, does the panny have voltage selector switch to change from 110V/60Hz to 230V/50Hz? I'm thinking of a similar idea but was not sure of the costs involved.

well the panasonic TH-50PY850 costs about 1.65lakh in india.

Thanks Adder, Is the model (TH-50PY850) available now? so 1.65l is out the door with tax and every thing?

whats the diffference between TH-50PY850 AND TH-50PF11UK

i know the later does not have speaker, stand and tuner.

Sam, would you know the cost to ship a 50" plasma from US to India? Also, does the panny have voltage selector switch to change from 110V/60Hz to 230V/50Hz? I'm thinking of a similar idea but was not sure of the costs involved.

If u ship in the container, then it can go with everything.. but if u ship that alone, then it could cost around $700 to $800 to ship..

It does not have a switch. It is only 120 v 50/60 Hz. we need voltage converter for this th-50pf11uk

Thanks Adder, Is the model (TH-50PY850) available now? so 1.65l is out the door with tax and every thing?

whats the diffference between TH-50PY850 AND TH-50PF11UK

i know the later does not have speaker, stand and tuner.

well from my understanding the PF11 is more for public display type to be used in airports,hospitals,news channels etc,while the PY850 is for consumers for their houses.
and yes the price of 1.65lakh is all inclusive of taxes,its the street price.

If u ship in the container, then it can go with everything.. but if u ship that alone, then it could cost around $700 to $800 to ship..

It does not have a switch. It is only 120 v 50/60 Hz. we need voltage converter for this th-50pf11uk

dont even think of shipping them in a container since its going to spend close to a month on the ship,potential for rain water to get in,and the tempertures inside the container will be quite hot,well my uncle moved from the US to india all his stuff came via container,if u move the stuff via transfer of residence then the tax will be low anwyay his $3000+ couch got damaged,xbox was wet,luckily is HIFI stuff was well packed.,he was taxed around 3k for his $10000+ dollar hifi stuff,+ a whole lot of other house old stuff except tv,now customes people realy dont know the value of HIFI stuff but they sure know the aproximate value of big tvs like a 50inch so u may be taxed quite a lot but still will be cheaper then the price in india,now shipping a plasma is going to be tricky since it is more fragile then lcds .but before u buy it confirm from the dealer that it supports pal ,while the voltage issue can be solved with a 1000watt convertor a good one should cost around Rs2500.

Thanks for the info. $800 (I hope for Air freight) aint bad. Actually I saw a terrific deal in Amazon for a Pioneer Kuro. Just wondered how much it would cost to ship if I asked my friend to do it for me. Even if its the same cost to ship to Dubai (I guess it should be less) the Pioneer works out cheaper from US than what I can buy here. Well, for now I'll have to stay dreaming...

Also like I said before, the plasmas have to shipped in a vertical position as otherwise it could damage the screen or the video board on the back. Personaly I would look to shipping either a Kuro 50 or 60 in after packaging well and insure it to the max possible.

Another option would be to ask amazon or someone else before hand if they can ship from their warehouses closer to India.

Also like I said before, the plasmas have to shipped in a vertical position as otherwise it could damage the screen or the video board on the back. Personaly I would look to shipping either a Kuro 50 or 60 in after packaging well and insure it to the max possible.

Another option would be to ask amazon or someone else before hand if they can ship from their warehouses closer to India.

Is the KURO 50 or 60, we talking about, PAL compatible to be used in India? I dont think its worth pay that much for an NTSC model in US and use a converter and use it in india.

Last edited:
well if the pioneer model sold in the US doesnt have pal standards then it aint worth buying since then u will need to buy a tv tuner or pal to ntsc convertors,dont forger all this will ruin the PQ since the pioneer didnt achieve that stunning picture quality because of its black level alone ,it developed a realy good image processing that handles everything darn good upscaling,DE-interlacing etc .
i have seen people who i know buy these expensive mitsubishi tvs from US only to find it doesnt work with the indian pal standards,since again what makes mitsubishi good is their image processing.so he had to buy a tv tuner which by passes that wonderful image processing.

well if the pioneer model sold in the US doesnt have pal standards then it aint worth buying since then u will need to buy a tv tuner or pal to ntsc convertors,dont forger all this will ruin the PQ since the pioneer didnt achieve that stunning picture quality because of its black level alone ,it developed a realy good image processing that handles everything darn good upscaling,DE-interlacing etc .
i have seen people who i know buy these expensive mitsubishi tvs from US only to find it doesnt work with the indian pal standards,since again what makes mitsubishi good is their image processing.so he had to buy a tv tuner which by passes that wonderful image processing.

I agree with Adder, I would not buy an NTSC version TV and use a PAL converter.

Thats why I preferred TH-50PF11UK, which supports all the latest PAL video formats.
Video Signal Compatibility 525 (480)/60i, 60p; 625 (575)/50i, 50p; 625 (576)/50p; 750 (720)/60p, 50p; 1125 (1080)/60i, 60p, 50i, 50p, 24p, 25p, 30p, 24sF; 1250 (1080)/50i
I dont think we have 1250,1125 yet for India..
Learn about Panasonic's TH-50PF11UK

Well, I am happy to say that I am proud owner of this panasonic model manufactured just on March 2009.

Picture quality is simply mind blowing... crisp color, lot of picture control.. monitor mode especially is great...

I love it..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back