Support Needed-Panasonic Plasma TH-P 50S60 D

PlasmaFan

Hello,
I am from Mumbai. I have a Panasonic Plasma TH-P 50S60 D bought in 2013.

It has started giving an issue now, after watching it for half an hour or so, it shuts and the red light starts flashing. It flashes 12 times.

If you start the TV again after a day or so, it starts, picture is perfect, and then it again shuts with the flashing light after half an hour or so.

There is no problem in the screen, picture and pixels, all that is perfect.

I feel there could be a problem of over-voltage or over-current in the motherboard or power supply.

I love the plasma picture quality and feel there still isn't anything out there which matches it and so don't want to let go of my plasma.

Request you guys to suggest me a good and proven Service Provider in Mumbai who can solve this issue.

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

It has started giving an issue now, after watching it for half an hour or so, it shuts and the red light starts flashing. It flashes 12 times.

If you start the TV again after a day or so, it starts, picture is perfect, and then it again shuts with the flashing light after half an hour or so.

I feel there could be a problem of over-voltage or over-current in the motherboard or power supply.

I love the plasma picture quality and feel there still isn't anything out there which matches it and so don't want to let go of my plasma.

Request you guys to suggest me a good and proven Service Provider in Mumbai who can solve this issue.

Thanks a lot!
I had similar issue with TH-P42V20D it required motherboard replacement costed me 18K, this was almost 6 years ago! After that its still going good!

I had similar issue with TH-P42V20D it required motherboard replacement costed me 18K, this was almost 6 years ago! After that its still going good!

Thanks a lot 👍
It would be great if you could let me know the Service Centre which did the motherboard replacement for you.

I
Hello,

Thanks a lot!

it's a common fault in plasma and easily fixable by a skilled technician.

The problem lies in carrying these heavy and huge TVs from point A to point B.

The repair itself won't cost more then 5k

I

Thanks for the information. The problem is getting the skilled technician who is trustworthy and even bigger issue is getting the replacement for the faulty motherboard as Panasonic has stopped support. Hopefully will get it. Will update.

So the update is that this has been diagnosed as a motherboard issue but not getting the motherboard spare for my 50S60 D.

Have asked so many people and nobody seems to have it.

I guess it seems that i will have to let go of the Plasma Technology finally :-(

I

So the update is that this has been diagnosed as a motherboard issue but not getting the motherboard spare for my 50S60 D.

Have asked so many people and nobody seems to have it.

I guess it seems that i will have to let go of the Plasma Technology finally :-(

I had a flashing light issue with my plasma few years back. Once I got the motherboard replaced from Panasonic (in 2014, costed 10k). Again I got a similar issue. I contacted a local TV repair person. He told that it's a blown capacitor on the motherboard & replaced it. (in 2016, costed 3k).

I'll suggest you to look for an experienced technician nearby who can repair the motherboard.

I had a flashing light issue with my plasma few years back. Once I got the motherboard replaced from Panasonic (in 2014, costed 10k). Again I got a similar issue. I contacted a local TV repair person. He told that it's a blown capacitor on the motherboard & replaced it. (in 2016, costed 3k).

I'll suggest you to look for an experienced technician nearby who can repair the motherboard.
I am trying, contacted 3-4 technicians, including suggestions from here and also somebody who Panasonic suggested. Not yet successful.

Today one guy has said he can do it, going to meet him today, let's hope for the best.

Guys, sorry for the late update.

I finally did manage to get my Plasma motherboard replaced and the guy did do a good job.

It has been a few months now and the TV is running perfectly.

Thanks to all of you for your help and if anybody needs a Plasma Technician in Mumbai I will be happy to give the number of that guy :)

Looking for general advice buying an used plasma. Interested in 50/55inch, they seem very rare but 42inch looks very common. Anything specific to be mindful of before working out a deal?
Used Plasmas barely / never show up from nearby locations in olx listings. Any other sources?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back