Panasonic Plasma P50UT50D or P50S60. Advice please!

Powerpashu

Hi Everyone :)
I am looking for a good TV @home. And after searching a lot on the net, finalized that I will go for Panasonic Plasma. I need 50in as the viewing distance is 17/18 feet. 3D and Smart features are not must for me. My priority is picture and sound quality. And budget is Max 80-90K.
So my budget allows me P50UT50D Last year Model for 72K or P50S60 81K.
As per local dealer both will be available in 8/10 days.
So friends I need your advice...
1) Panasonic plasma year-2012 model P50UT50D (3D) or latest P50s60 (2D model) ?. As I said I am not much interested in 3d or Smart features. But happy to pay little extra for that (not 35K)
2) Is S60 worth paying 10K more.. that to a without 3D?
3) Is ST60 worth paying 35K more than P50UT50 for Pic quality
4) Is there huge Picture quality improvement in S60 over ut50
5) If you check Other Countries WebSite like Amazon USA. 50ST60 is available for $1000. Means Rs.63K. But why it costs almost double in INDIA. Why is it so overpriced? Do the prices come down over a period?
6) Can you suggest a Dealer in Mumbai who is best at giving better prices and delivery.

Thanks & regards

Hi Everyone :)
I am looking for a good TV @home. And after searching a lot on the net, finalized that I will go for Panasonic Plasma. I need 50in as the viewing distance is 17/18 feet. 3D and Smart features are not must for me. My priority is picture and sound quality. And budget is Max 80-90K.
So my budget allows me P50UT50D Last year Model for 72K or P50S60 81K.
As per local dealer both will be available in 8/10 days.
So friends I need your advice...
1) Panasonic plasma year-2012 model P50UT50D (3D) or latest P50s60 (2D model) ?. As I said I am not much interested in 3d or Smart features. But happy to pay little extra for that (not 35K)
2) Is S60 worth paying 10K more.. that to a without 3D? Yes for the picture quality
3) Is ST60 worth paying 35K more than P50UT50 for Pic quality Yes but availability is suspect
4) Is there huge Picture quality improvement in S60 over ut50 Yes
5) If you check Other Countries WebSite like Amazon USA. 50ST60 is available for $1000. Means Rs.63K. But why it costs almost double in INDIA. Why is it so overpriced? Do the prices come down over a period? Our import duty structure and local distribution costs
6) Can you suggest a Dealer in Mumbai who is best at giving better prices and delivery. Panasonic Brand Shop - Ghatkopar or Mulund

Thanks & regards

Hi Check my replies in RED

Last edited:
go for the 50s60...it is brighter and has deep blacks than the 50ut50.....always
go for the new models than the old models because improvements in picture quality are always made on the latest models....

Hi Kdagia
Thanks for your kind advice. As I can see your location being Pune, I would like to request you to advice me on Dealers in PUNE as it will be nearer from my location (Kolhapur). Thanks

How do you plan to get it delivered to Kolhapur? Plasma is more easily breakable, and it is advisable to have the dealer deliver. See if there is any authorised Panasonic dealer of other items in Kolhapur who is willing to get you a TV.

How do you plan to get it delivered to Kolhapur? Plasma is more easily breakable, and it is advisable to have the dealer deliver. See if there is any authorised Panasonic dealer of other items in Kolhapur who is willing to get you a TV.

Compared to LED/LCD Screens, PLASMA has the tougher glass. Very solid one.
See this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iLI3t7e6XY

Yes, but glass is brittle in motion. The system needs to be transported upright.

LCDs don't have glass, and are thus, lightweight and don't break easily during transportation.

Last edited:
You will get a better deal in Mumbai. Pune dealers are working on the market operating Price and little discounts

Friends,
Last year 50ut50D is 2500 Focused Field Drive and Latest 50S60 is 600 Sub Filed Drive. What's the difference? Which one is better? How it affects Pic Quality ?

As per specs put up by you the UT50D seems to score more than S60. However the only point of concern to me is the total hours clocked by last year's UT50. Check the life timer on UT50 and verify that it is Zero before first use. Also compare the two sets side by side for 2D PQ and find whether S60 actually produces deeper blacks or not.

This morning one of friend told me to go for Large Format Display Monitor (LFD).Samsung 46 inch. Use DishTv and use it as perfect TV as well as Monitor. Rs.60k with 3 years onsite warranty. Its professional display and has extremely good life. It does not have Tuner but Dish can be connected thru HDMi and has 20W Speakers.
Your Views please.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back