Panasonic PV8 Burn in Settings required

sunilgct

Hi all ,

I am planning to buy panasonic 42PV8 . I am so impressed by the reviewers that this is the first time i am buying a electronics without actually inspecting it at the show room . I have made up my mind to buy it.

Can somebody please teel me what shud be the settings which needs ot be set up to avoid burin in during the first 100-200 hrs.

I have read in many post to keep the contrast to minimum and keep it in the standard mode. But i vaguely remember seeing in some site the exact settings few months ago.

Woudl appreciate if existing panny users can guide me on it.

Regards
Sunny

Good choice with the TV.

Burn in is not really an issue anymore. Just watch with contrast level at medium range.

To tell you the truth I've not bothered with any special treatment. In fact even now the TV is on and running in the background for me while I'm sitting on the PC and I am also having music playing in the background on the PC. Most nights I just go to sleep leaving the TV on. I might get up around 4 or 5 am to turn it off or else I turn it off when I wake up around 6 or 7 am. I have Dish TV and Tata Sky with Tata Sky connected to the PV8 and have really faced no issues whatsoever.

Just use the vacuum cleaner and clean the dust. As long as no physical abuse the TV will be fine. It's not going to break down or have any damage with normal or even extended TV viewing hours.

Thanks Moserw for a quick reply.

Another thing which i wanted to know is (please excuse my ignorace as i am too naive to understand these jargons) when you do a Sleeper off , basically timer off does it still cause the burn in . I mean do you need physically switch off the power switch or u can just click power off in the remote . Is there any issue with it .

Please clarify

PS: I am getting at 44.5K from DEVI in bangalore.

Regards
Sunny

Thanks Moserw for a quick reply.

Another thing which i wanted to know is (please excuse my ignorace as i am too naive to understand these jargons) when you do a Sleeper off , basically timer off does it still cause the burn in . I mean do you need physically switch off the power switch or u can just click power off in the remote . Is there any issue with it .

Please clarify

PS: I am getting at 44.5K from DEVI in bangalore.

Regards
Sunny

Personally I turn the power off in the remote and then turn the stabilizer switch off or else leave it on. But I only use the remote power on/off option and don't press the knobs on the TV since I've had a couple of them go bad and the TV would not turn on till the knob was fixed. Been using this way for years with all the TVs I've used and no issues whatsoever.

Coming to burn in it really is not an issue with the latest generation of TVs. Timer off should be fine. Burn in only occurs when a static image remains on the TV which will not be the case when the timer turns off the TV. Still its better you turn the TV off and go to bed. I've had no issues with leaving it on for hours on end even all through the night.

Hi all ,

I am planning to buy panasonic 42PV8 . I am so impressed by the reviewers that this is the first time i am buying a electronics without actually inspecting it at the show room . I have made up my mind to buy it.

Can somebody please teel me what shud be the settings which needs ot be set up to avoid burin in during the first 100-200 hrs.

I have read in many post to keep the contrast to minimum and keep it in the standard mode. But i vaguely remember seeing in some site the exact settings few months ago.

Woudl appreciate if existing panny users can guide me on it.

Regards
Sunny

hey buddy

burning is not an issue...

and only if u have a static picture for more than 7 hrs, you 1/10 get this problem...
other wise you keep on viewing a TV for more than 15-16 hrs a day for years, nthing will happen to tht...

Guys ,

i Finally got it from DEVI for 44200 net.Thanks for all the suggestions.
ThE TV got delivered just now. Will be installing in two days.

Got a Airtel DTH as well, which will hopefully be installed tommorow.

Thanks everyone

Guys ,

i Finally got it from DEVI for 44200 net.Thanks for all the suggestions.
ThE TV got delivered just now. Will be installing in two days.

Got a Airtel DTH as well, which will hopefully be installed tommorow.

Thanks everyone

Hi Sunil:

Congrats! You have got the best plasma TV and most famous here in forum. You will be amazed when you see the picture quality after the installation.:eek:hyeah:

Guys,

What is the best & optimal picture settings for pana pv8/pv80? All owners please post your settings. Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back