Panasonic PV8 + KEF KIT200 + Amp?

kcp

Hi,

This is Kiran from Mumbai. Thanks to everyone who is contributing to this forum. I didnt know where to begin so the Introductions was the best place.

I currently have a Panasonic PV8 and a KEF KIT200 HTIB system (it is 5.1 system with subwoofer and a DVD player). Now the Panasonic PV8 has a HDMI connection whereas the KEF KIT200 doesnt. I am attaching the KEF kit200 brochure which has a list of all the connections.

My basic question is should I get myself an amp or Oppo DVD player to get the best out of myset-up. That way I can connect my Oppo directly to TV with HDMI for picture and Oppo to KEF system with Optical Digital cable for sound.

Do you think it is a good idea? I am not sure if I am connecting all the things right. Is Oppo the best way to enhance both sound and picture (also there is some problem with the disk tray in KEF. So I dont mind a new DVD player). I have my cousin coming to India from US soon (with Oppo if required). So your best advice is solicited.

Attachments

• KEF.pdf
    20.1 KB · Views: 10
This is the first time I have seen a DVD Player that has audio inputs !! I am assuming that, if fed with audio inputs, the data will be sent to the amplifier even if the DVD Player is not working.

If this assumption is true, the Oppo 980 will be an excellent choice. If you are not able to get that see if you can lay your hands on a Pioneer 610. This is also a good DVD Player. But if you looking for a good sound in both movies and music, the Oppo will be the first choice.

Whichever player you get, yes you can connect the player to the TV using the HDMI, and to the amp using a optical or coaxial digital cable.

Cheers

Hi venkat..thks for the quick response. Actually the KEF DVD player is an built-in amp + dvd player of sorts. Actually I have changed my mind. Given the recession, I will just buy some component video cable and connect the KEF to my TV. That should be a decent alternative. Btw, for info's sake for the group, KEF-UK (not sure abt KEF-US) is running a 50% on all their home theatre systems. So if you know somebody in London, u can get one for a real deal!!

This is the first time I have seen a DVD Player that has audio inputs !! I am assuming that, if fed with audio inputs, the data will be sent to the amplifier even if the DVD Player is not working.

If this assumption is true, the Oppo 980 will be an excellent choice. If you are not able to get that see if you can lay your hands on a Pioneer 610. This is also a good DVD Player. But if you looking for a good sound in both movies and music, the Oppo will be the first choice.

Whichever player you get, yes you can connect the player to the TV using the HDMI, and to the amp using a optical or coaxial digital cable.

Cheers

Venket its HTibs,so it always comes with aux in.
Philips 3565,SonyDAZ 370 has even digital coax inputs.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back