Panasonic TV -> TH-43EX480DX

Specs look good. It may not upscale lower resolution content to 4k - read this in the detailed specs of the link above. Suggest that you visit a show room, check this out physically, carry your flash drive with different codec movies and check it out and then decide. Flipkart lists this at 33k today. Price is a steal!

@VRavichandar ...thanks so much...I would definately visit one of the stores and check it out...I'm a heavy user of streaming content over Amazon fire stick. How would that content perform on this TV if you have any idea please ?

I'm also wondering, how would lower resolution content like HD for example look on this TV? Please help me on that too if you have any idea ?

Many Thanks,
Syed

I have the 55" version of this same TV. Running it from last 4 months. Excellent picture quality. Netflix and Amazon Videos via Firestick are awesome. I only checked once this TV via USB drive. It played MKV content. It has google chromecast built in so you can also cast you tube videos directly from your phone. Upon critical examination, blacks sometimes appears as grey but that is with most of the LED TVs. HD and 4K is very good. SD is just okay. Sargam Electrocnics genrally keeps stock of this model.

@VRavichandar ...thanks so much...I would definately visit one of the stores and check it out...I'm a heavy user of streaming content over Amazon fire stick. How would that content perform on this TV if you have any idea please ?

I'm also wondering, how would lower resolution content like HD for example look on this TV? Please help me on that too if you have any idea ?

Many Thanks,
Syed
I use non-4k version of this series (DX630D). So my personal opinion is
1. Considering the price - it is good
2. Comparing with Bravia - looks like a poor cousin - I did not even like some high end models of samsung when compared with bravia! - only this grabbed eyeballs!
3. Hexachrome drive - I do not like it as the colors look a bit off - it is not listed in your TV spec - when you visit show room, check a TV with this feature, as some people like it
4. Unlike Vinay's problem above - I get good blacks - something to do with my lower backlight intensity and brightness settings? - the Adaptive backlight dimming generally takes care - your TV has this
5. The superbright panel or whatever they call - it is really good in terms of brightness.
6. Amazon firestick - I'm one of those rare breeds who dont use it! - Vinay has answered this
7. Low resolution content - in my case SD - sucks! Tried many settings but nothing felt right. You check SD, HD tv channels - dont let the showroom guys show only the demo video. take different quality downloaded contect 720p, 1080p, 4k rips etc and check.

Hello Guys,

I finally ordered it just now from flipkart :) for Rs 31099. Following was my thought process and actions / steps :-
  1. I called up Panasonic Koramangala 2 days back to check the price and see if I can get a demo. They said the model is not on display, though it's available in stock for a whopping 48000.
  2. I called up Panasonic Kalyan Nagar yesterday. It was out of stock there but the guy tried to sell me the newer models which were 50000 plus and out of my budget.
  3. I went to a few showrooms today in Marathalli and Koramangala but none of them had it it available for demo.
  4. My decision to buy was greatly influenced by what Vinay said above as my primary use will be Amazon Firestick. I feel, more or less, all of you all others also have a good feedback about it.
  5. I got a little insecure that the price might just go up (it has gone up and down and few times in the last one month that I have been following it up on flipkart :)) or worst, it may go out of stock and I may end up regretting not buying it.
Phew..so there you go. I made the decision. Thanks to each and every one of you in helping me out and giving your valuable thoughts and feedback. I will remain forever grateful.

Many Thanks,
Syed

Hello Guys,

I finally ordered it just now from flipkart :) for Rs 31099. Following was my thought process and actions / steps :-
  1. I called up Panasonic Koramangala 2 days back to check the price and see if I can get a demo. They said the model is not on display, though it's available in stock for a whopping 48000.
  2. I called up Panasonic Kalyan Nagar yesterday. It was out of stock there but the guy tried to sell me the newer models which were 50000 plus and out of my budget.
  3. I went to a few showrooms today in Marathalli and Koramangala but none of them had it it available for demo.
  4. My decision to buy was greatly influenced by what Vinay said above as my primary use will be Amazon Firestick. I feel, more or less, all of you all others also have a good feedback about it.
  5. I got a little insecure that the price might just go up (it has gone up and down and few times in the last one month that I have been following it up on flipkart :)) or worst, it may go out of stock and I may end up regretting not buying it.
Phew..so there you go. I made the decision. Thanks to each and every one of you in helping me out and giving your valuable thoughts and feedback. I will remain forever grateful.

Many Thanks,
Syed
Good luck and enjoy your new TV. Dont forget to share your views once you have tested everything.

I bought the 43 inch of this tv...overall i am happy with the tv but have 2 main issues

- PS4 pro doesnt recognize it as hdr compliant and just shows 4k content - without HDR
- HDR works for amazon prime with 4k firestick - but the brightness is so low in hdr and colors look completely washed out - any idea what is the brightness of this panel? Cant find anything on the website
- OS is shitty completely useless. Luckily I have a firestick

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back