Panasonic V20 - Mumbai availability

pseudophile

After reading a lot of posts, to me it appears, there are really only two TV worth buying (atleast for the time being) - LG PK550 and Panasonic V20.

I have been hanging around here quite often lately (just like the thousands of other passive members) as I want to buy a plasma TV myself.

Checked out the PK550 - utter disappointment (Especially, since all the posts here really raised my expectations) The samsung C450 looked better. atleast to me.

Anyways this post is about V20 and where I can find it in Mumbai except for the brand shop. (Theres only one brand shop in Mumbai which is way too far from most of Mumbaiites and over the phone they quoted 75K!)

I dont know what panasonic is playing at but no shop in Mumbai has it on display. I have visited almost a dozen shops and some of them are still unaware of this and busy selling the C & X series.

If anyone from Mumbai has seen it on display or know any dealer then please share the information.

You bet! Mumbai availability is not an issue, but to demo it, sadly, Panasonic doesn't have too many brand shops anywhere.
Sad for a company that sells TV sets upwards of a lac, but doesn't allow people to demo it before buying it.

After reading a lot of posts, to me it appears, there are really only two TV worth buying (atleast for the time being) - LG PK550 and Panasonic V20.

I have been hanging around here quite often lately (just like the thousands of other passive members) as I want to buy a plasma TV myself.

Checked out the PK550 - utter disappointment (Especially, since all the posts here really raised my expectations) The samsung C450 looked better. atleast to me.
My suggestion is that you check out the Samsung C550 too. I personally think it is one of the best, if not the best, value for money TV in India today.

Anyways this post is about V20 and where I can find it in Mumbai except for the brand shop. (Theres only one brand shop in Mumbai which is way too far from most of Mumbaiites and over the phone they quoted 75K!)

I dont know what panasonic is playing at but no shop in Mumbai has it on display. I have visited almost a dozen shops and some of them are still unaware of this and busy selling the C & X series.

If anyone from Mumbai has seen it on display or know any dealer then please share the information.

Based on the feedback of current LG 550 owners, i would stay away for some time to figure out if the issues being faced by them are ones which can or will be fixed by LG

Secondly i do agree that the location of panashop is indeed a pain for us in mumbai. Even if you take out time and go there parking is a BIG PAIN....besides lohar chawl (location of brandshop) from my place is like travelling to another city hence waiting for the v20 to demo at alpha or sony mony which are near my home.

GUYS!
I made some headway into my quest for the Pana 50V20 today.
I went to the Lohar Chawl brand store which is about 5 km from my place.
Called them up one hour in advance, and they said the 42 inch model is out of stock and not even on display. The 50 inch one is in stock, but not on display and that I should come after an hour and half so I can get a demo of it.
I thought they wouldnt have it ready by the time I would reach, but they were spot on with the timing. The guys were installing it on the wall mount.
The 50U20, 50X20 and the 50V20 were all there, in FULL HD GLORY, playing through a Pana BD player.
MY OH MY! The V20 has just taken my breath away. I was absolutely HEAD OVER HEELS while comparing it with the U20, which to be honest is SO POOR and overpriced, that the LG Pk550R just blows the U20 away when it comes to PQ and Blacks.
The V20, though, is in a league of it's own. I have no words to describe how FLUID and lifelike the TV was in reproducing the images!
Motion was perfect, so was the flesh tone. The detail was SO immaculate that I don't feel like looking at ANY other TV again. It was in NORMAL mode (I switched all from VIVID to normal, and then factory reset on all) and the PQ just made my day. The X20, IMHO is a better TV than the U20, if you may ask. And the V20 is the GOD of Flat Panels.

The sad part about it, though, was the dealers cheek to ask for Rs. 100 more than MRP. LOL. Dealer price is 118k, and I am sure I can get it for 110k from a good dealer, but the Pana brand store does not even bother stating their MRPs. They were just saying their 'best' price is 125k. LOL.

Come on Mumbaikars, let's make a Deal. If there are about 4-5 of us buying the 42V20 and 50V20, we can surely strike a good deal with a dealer.

Let's start!

Count me in for a 42 V20.

GUYS!
Called them up one hour in advance, and they said the 42 inch model is out of stock and not even on display. The 50 inch one is in stock, but not on display and that I should come after an hour and half so I can get a demo of it.
I thought they wouldnt have it ready by the time I would reach, but they were spot on with the timing. The guys were installing it on the wall mount.
The 50U20, 50X20 and the 50V20 were all there, in FULL HD GLORY, playing through a Pana BD player.
MY OH MY! The V20 has just taken my breath away. I was absolutely HEAD OVER HEELS while comparing it with the U20, which to be honest is SO POOR and overpriced, that the LG Pk550R just blows the U20 away when it comes to PQ and Blacks.
The V20, though, is in a league of it's own. I have no words to describe how FLUID and lifelike the TV was in reproducing the images!
Motion was perfect, so was the flesh tone. The detail was SO immaculate that I don't feel like looking at ANY other TV again. It was in NORMAL mode (I switched all from VIVID to normal, and then factory reset on all) and the PQ just made my day. The X20, IMHO is a better TV than the U20, if you may ask. And the V20 is the GOD of Flat Panels.

The sad part about it, though, was the dealers cheek to ask for Rs. 100 more than MRP. LOL. Dealer price is 118k, and I am sure I can get it for 110k from a good dealer, but the Pana brand store does not even bother stating their MRPs. They were just saying their 'best' price is 125k. LOL.

Come on Mumbaikars, let's make a Deal. If there are about 4-5 of us buying the 42V20 and 50V20, we can surely strike a good deal with a dealer.

Let's start!

50" V20 - wow! who is getting it?

I thought of one too but the price of > 1L put me off. Didn't want to spend so much on a 50" in 2010. Will wait and save for 2011 Panasonics that will improve on floating blacks, flickering, black rise issues. If I have to spend so much on a TV I want it to be perfect.

GUYS!

Let's start!

If time permits, i will visit alfa and nearbout shops (fairdeal, sony mony, kay bee, etc) on sunday to check on the availability and price of 42 and 50V20. Lets see if these guys are offering a better price or bulk deal offer.

i honestly dont want to shell out the extra bucks over the 50PK550 but then what the hell....you dont buy a TV every month or year...and to compare with the to be launched VT20 3D this one is still cheaper.

I thought of one too but the price of > 1L put me off. Didn't want to spend so much on a 50" in 2010. Will wait and save for 2011 Panasonics that will improve on floating blacks, flickering, black rise issues. If I have to spend so much on a TV I want it to be perfect.
Life is short buddy, enjoy it while you can. There is no such thing as a perfect TV and there never will be one. As technology moves on there will always be something better lurking around the corner, thus if you wait for something better, you will always keep waiting. Ofcourse other constraints in life do have to be taken into account.

Life is short buddy, enjoy it while you can. There is no such thing as a perfect TV and there never will be one. As technology moves on there will always be something better lurking around the corner, thus if you wait for something better, you will always keep waiting. Ofcourse other constraints in life do have to be taken into account.

I agree sanjay....smart things is to pick up the best possible TV available when you plan to buy with least issues (again this is personal).

remem when v10 was launched...entire world was raving bout it..all HDTV reviews gave it the editors choice but then sudddenly out of the blue the fading black issue cropped up.

I am still hoping that shaiju and other members who have picked up Pk550 find a solution to the issues as i wouldnt mind getting a 60PK550 if i am willing to spend about 1.2 lac.

this comes from my personal experience as i picked up a benq 22" lcd monitor for Rs 9300 last week. The 24" was costing 13500 to 14000 and i said why pay the large difference for 2 inches. Now that i have this monitor set up i feel that i should have got a bigger screen...but to no avail now

You bet! Mumbai availability is not an issue, but to demo it, sadly, Panasonic doesn't have too many brand shops anywhere.
Sad for a company that sells TV sets upwards of a lac, but doesn't allow people to demo it before buying it.

Dr Frank ( am I right ?) Try Lacozy too ..he had some Panas 1 Year back
also he had 65 Inch Full HD Display ( Note -It did NOT have TV Tuner ,so it is a display..)

Also try Kohinoor ,, They may not have in stock but ask if they can arrange...I Found their prices are better.

Alpha to arrange many things with BILL n Warentee ,which he does not stock,so ask him.

this comes from my personal experience as i picked up a benq 22" lcd monitor for Rs 9300 last week. The 24" was costing 13500 to 14000 and i said why pay the large difference for 2 inches. Now that i have this monitor set up i feel that i should have got a bigger screen...but to no avail now
Like I always say, TVs & monitors are never too big, but after a while all seem not large enough. Thus, always buy the largest TV/Monitor you can afford.

GUYS!

Let's start!

Panasonic brand shop in mumbai is a tuff nut to crack when it comes to bargaining. try speaking directly to Pankaj (brand shop manager) a really nice person he is.

Thanks for the tip Hemant & akasmarty.

I will check with Kohinoor.

Frank, I have heard fairdeal which is at crawford market also negotiate and have good pricing. So if you happen to go that side please try to visit this shop.

Thanks for the tip Hemant & akasmarty.

I will check with Kohinoor.

Frank, I have heard fairdeal which is at crawford market also negotiate and have good pricing. So if you happen to go that side please try to visit this shop.

Fair deal is also on SV road , vile parle (W), besides Kotak Mahindra Bank.

Way to go frankmehta, frankly;) All the best

Spot on Sanjay. Hit the nail on the head:thumbsup:

I m from Bangalore I'm also goin for Panasonic V20, Its comming with a 3 years warranty , planning to buy by month end.

Panasonic showroom quoted 69k for a 42 inch. Can anybody got a lower quote?

The reason I am goin for V20 cause Previously I have checked out the following:

Panasonic X20 and G10 series 42 insh--42-55K
Samsung slim c6500 Plasma 50 inch-- 120k
Samsung Slim 6 series LED--85 K
Samsung c450 Plasma 50 inch --60K
Samsung C550 Plasma 50 inch-- 70 k
LG LCD LH 90 42 inch-- 65 K ( not available now)
LG LED SL 90 42 inch--69 K
Sony EX 600series 40 inch-- 85 k

Trust me who ever is going for v20 will enjoy every bit of peny spent.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back