Want to buy the best home theater setup at 25k INR budget

die2mrw007

Hello,

My budget is maximum 25k INR and I wish to buy a good and perfect home theater 5.1 setup in this budget. I will connect this setup to my Sony Bravia Led 3D TV (900A model, 40 inches)and my DTH (non HD) sun direct set top box. I have done ceiling work at home (plaster of paris) and given 5.1 cables through it for future 5.1 speaker installation.

Now its time to get a 5.1 home theater speaker setup. I wish to have it without the dvd/blue ray player. I just need the speaker setup.

So far i feel the setup under my budget is either Yamaha yt 196 or the Sony HTV300.

I am really confused over the sound quality, output and long term option over these speaker setup. Please let me know if there is something better I could get under my budget of 25k INR. I will be using it for atleast 8-10 years and wont be upgrading it in near future. So a better but perfect setup is what I am looking for.

I liked the sony htv300 model of its look and features such as nfc, bluetooth and even sound too.... Never heard a yamaha setup but heard about the brand a lot.

Please guys, help. I stay in mumbai and if anyone know any shop offering speakers at cheap rates do mention it too. It would be much helpful.

Last edited:
Hi Good Eve

Bro For 25K i think if u can add 10K u will get awesome Yamaha YHT-299 ( Best money can buy )

What's ur room size ?
i have also get demo of sony but that is noway whre near my Edifer S550

If u have some patient u can get Coming Edifer S760D (540W RMS ) 3 optical in and a coaxial with CLASS D SUB ( 10" Driver ).

But one suggetion
Demo as many possible HT then u will get clear idea :)

Hi Good Eve

Bro For 25K i think if u can add 10K u will get awesome Yamaha YHT-299 ( Best money can buy )

What's ur room size ?
i have also get demo of sony but that is noway whre near my Edifer S550

If u have some patient u can get Coming Edifer S760D (540W RMS ) 3 optical in and a coaxial with CLASS D SUB ( 10" Driver ).

But one suggetion
Demo as many possible HT then u will get clear idea :)

Bro, i dont have that much budget. Anyways, yht 299 has bluetooth functionality? Full dts? Etc

With 25K, you will get a very entry level HTiB. Since you have demoed Sony and liked it, you can go for it. Otherwise, brands like Onkyo and Yamaha will stretch your budget too.

Hi die2mrw007.

The key difference between a Sony and the Yamaha is that the Sony is a compact system (Home Theatre in a Box) while the Yamaha is entry level Home Theatre system which has separate components. Features maybe common to a certain extent. Output / power will definitely differ.

The main thing is for you to audition as many models / brands as possible. You need to carry your favourite movie / music and visit Home Theatre dealers, Vijay Sales / Croma / EZone / Reliance Digital and see and hear for yourself what appeals to you and your budget.

There are very few who really would retain their systems for more than 5-10 years as formats / features keep changing....I myself have used Bose, Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer, Harmon Kardon and now using Marantz which seems to be very appealing to me in terms of performance and sound quality for music and movies....it all depends on personal choices, budget etc.....

Very few would really use all the features provided in a system today and you need to ask yourself the question if you require to have all those features, power output etc...

If you are open to purchasing second hand systems, there are good brands for sale on olx / quikr / hifiads which you can buy now, use for a while and if you feel inclined to something else, go for that.....atleast you will not spend a huge chunk. These systems can range from 6 months old to 3 years old to new unwanted gifts...

End of the day , it all boils down to what appeals to you and your wallet...all the best

Back