Panasonic V20 & VT20

@ Imran, Anand, ASDFKLG

Thank you so very much. You guys have been extremly helpful.

Let me answer a few questions that you have.

1) The pricing that I mentioned above is from a dealer in Bombay. He even ships to other parts of India. Really nice guy. If anyone wants more info please PM me. I'm not at liberty to openly give out his details.

2) Viewing distance: My living room is almost 30' long. Depending on the arrangement of the furniture from time to time the viewing distance could be anywhere between 14 - 25 feet. After reading all your posts, suddenly that seems like a lot for even a 50 incher.

3) Content: Honestly no one here watches any TV except for my folks who already have a 32" Sony LCD downstairs. I don't know how to say this so I'm just going to say it, I need something to fill up an empty wall after some recent renovation at home :D. Ok, it's not as bad as it sounds. This Display will be used only for HD content (BD Rips off my networked drives). Of course there will be a few times when I'd probably like to watch a match or two on it or some HD content made available by the likes of Sun and the others. Watching SD content is highly doubtful. PS3 gaming is a priority and is definitely something I will start to do more often after getting this PDP. Your thoughts?

4) 3D: It seems like such an awesome thing to have, but in reality where do you see this stuff going as far as movies are concerned. After Avatar I can literally count the movies on one hand that came out in 3D. The main reason I'm considering this is because of the 3D gaming side of things. Sony will be coming out with a firmware update for 3D on existing consoles. How they are going to manage to do that when the basic requirement for 3D is HDMI 1.4 beats me. The PS3 has HDMI 1.3. These were just some of the thoughts floating around in my head. Does it always have to be a hard choice to enjoy these things :p

5) Wi-Fi: I don't know if this will help but you guys should certainly check out the WNCE2001 from Netgear. It's an Universal Wi-Fi Adapter for any LCD / PDP that has basic LAN (Ethernet) connectivity and is definitely cheaper than any manufacturer's propreitary dongle system. Amazon.com sells it for about USD 59.00

Check it out: Universal WiFi Internet Adapter WNCE2001

depending on your budget you should go for the biggest size. Viewing distance is dependent on video content. 1080p would need you to sit closer than 720p, followed by SD for which you would need to increase the distance.
Since you do not have any constraint on distance, I would suggest you to go for at least 50"................65 also would be great if budget permits!!! but not less than 50.

THX recommendation for 50" is 5ft for watching 1080p, which further validates the importance of viewing distance in order to capture full 1080p resolution by our eyes.

depending on your budget you should go for the biggest size. Viewing distance is dependent on video content. 1080p would need you to sit closer than 720p, followed by SD for which you would need to increase the distance.
Since you do not have any constraint on distance, I would suggest you to go for at least 50"................65 also would be great if budget permits!!! but not less than 50.

THX recommendation for 50" is 5ft for watching 1080p, which further validates the importance of viewing distance in order to capture full 1080p resolution by our eyes.

He is already enjoying his 50". ha ha :).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back