panasonicTH-P42C10 or TH-P42X10

hargurtri

Hi,
Need urgent help.Am convinced on C10 due to-
1) price 41 k
2) HD ready
3) limited usage i.e. required only for viewing tv programs am not a big games fan and not a very technical person with a gizmo frenzy

but spouse convinced on X10(price 44k) because of
1) does not like the grey panel and looks of C10
2) no eco sense function
3) likes the sd card slot

but i am confused is it o.k. to pay 3000 extra for this or should i go for C10.
urgent help required here as need to finalise this at the earliest.

Dear hargurti,
I personally checked both the models.Blacks are much more good in x10.its a newer model than c10.
Where you are getting this price .Is this panasonic india price or Alpha Radio price or grey market.
Abhirag

Not much difference these two from PQ, my vote would be for C10 as a VFM, but if the 3k is not a big deal X10 makes sense with SD card slot plus if i remember right X10 had a better native contrast (not the dynamic value advertised)

Bottom line: VFM is C10, else X10, best would be G10 :)

Hi,

I have also been looking for a 42" plasma - specifically PV8 or PV80 after going through various threads in the forum. After a long search, have been finally able to trace one dealer where they had PV8. Unfortunately the best price I could get was 43K. With a couple of thousand more, I can get an X10. Is this a better choice? I will mostly be watching Tata Sky & movies on DVD.

rgds.

Hi,

I have also been looking for a 42" plasma - specifically PV8 or PV80 after going through various threads in the forum. After a long search, have been finally able to trace one dealer where they had PV8. Unfortunately the best price I could get was 43K. With a couple of thousand more, I can get an X10. Is this a better choice? I will mostly be watching Tata Sky & movies on DVD.

rgds.

X10 and PV8 the difference is not night and day, I did try the X10 at Pana showroom with my PV8 setting, I would say PV8 was marginally better but then that could also be bcos it has shared DTH signal.

So X10 is good, nothing bad that U have to stay away from. PV8 at 43k is not worth is when its no more in production.

Finally booked a 42" X10. Should get installed tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be as much fun as was the research.

rgds.

Congrats Deepak, looking forward to Review @ Home

forgot to add-- as it is made in singapore even this has the sd card slot.

All Pana Plasma I have seen are made in Singapore and X10 has SD Card has standard

I want to buy the Panasonic 42X10.

I was told by Panasonic brand shop in Koramangala and also Adishwars that it is not stock.

Does anyone know where else can I buy it from? And what will be the Price here in Bangalore?

Perhaps Ezone Koramangala. I did see a C10 there.. Not too sure about X10.

I was told by Panasonic brand shop in Koramangala and also Adishwars that it is not stock.

Does anyone know where else can I buy it from? And what will be the Price here in Bangalore?

Brat
Please get in touch with Nirajan (9900341973) from Devi international and tell him you are from the forum, i believe he would be able to give you a good price.

I myself and many other members have bought Tv's from him.

All Pana Plasma I have seen are made in Singapore and X10 has SD Card has standard[/QUOTE]

but i have purchased C10 and didn't know about the SD Card.thanks for your input in helping me decide.:lol:

All Pana Plasma I have seen are made in Singapore and X10 has SD Card has standard

but i have purchased C10 and didn't know about the SD Card.thanks for your input in helping me decide.:lol:

I bought a C10 too and I can confirm that it is has a SD Card slot. Can someone help me understand what the technical differences are between X10, C10 and the "legendary" PV8.

Last edited:
Bump!!!

I bought a C10 too and I can confirm that it is has a SD Card slot. Can someone help me understand what the technical differences are between X10, C10 and the "legendary" PV8.

I see posts all over HFV saying that the newer Panasonics are not as great as the PV8. Agreed that PV8 is a great Plasma to own, but I am curious to know the technical differences between PV8, C10 and the X10. Anyone?

Brat
Please get in touch with Nirajan (9900341973) from Devi international and tell him you are from the forum, i believe he would be able to give you a good price.

I myself and many other members have bought Tv's from him.

Thanks Dushie.
I picked up a S10 for 53,500 at Devi international today.

Bump!!!
I see posts all over HFV saying that the newer Panasonics are not as great as the PV8. Agreed that PV8 is a great Plasma to own, but I am curious to knowt the technical differences between PV8, C10 and the X10. Anyone?

Technically, the X and C are much better TV with higher contrast ratio etc but thats on paper.

In real time view, the PV8 seems to have a slightly better PQ compared to C and X. May be the new upgrade this year didnt really click.

Having said that very honestly I wont loose my sleep over it. The difference is not night and day. Plus u get 3 yrs warranty on the latest models. So just enjoy the TV :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back