Paradigm CT100 / Def Tech Pro Cinema 600 / JBL Cinema 500

vivekms

Hi Folks

I have been researching for sometime on which 5.1 Speaker Sets to be picked up for my AVR, however I am unable to reach a decision :sad:

I currently have a Harmon Kardon AVR70 which is a 75RMS Receiver and am looking to buy matching speakers for the same. I want to buy speakers which are more powerful than the AVR since it can serve my purpose even if I decide to upgrade the AVR in future. My usage for the same is mostly for movies (about 80%) and I like my speaker set to have a bass

My budget is about 65 K and I have been able to SL the following brands :

Paradigm CT 100 : approx 65K
Def Tech Pro Cinema 600 : approx 65K - 70K
JBL Cinema 500 : approx 45K

I have space constraints and have to go for Satellites only. My room size is about 160 sq ft.

Any opinions on these sets.....or any other options that I can look at ? I have looked at Jamo A200, Bose Acousticmass 10 and Focal and have not liked them as much as the above 3.

Thanks a ton for your help !!!!!

Thanks Kittu........I have spoken to Mohsin from Avenue Sound. I had not specifically asked for Def Tech....... had checked with him for Energy and KEF.....

He said he can import the Def Tech for me..... but 600 is selling at this rate in at least 3 places that I checked. Apparently the MRP has increased to 72K in the last couple of months..... but will check his quote too

Any other brand that you can recommend ?

Any idea who retails Cambridge Audio in Mumbai ..... will check them out too

Thanks Raj...... approx how much would monitor audio cost

Any idea who retails Cambridge Audio in Mumbai ??

Thanks Raj..... How much would monitor audio cost approximately ?

Any idea about DSL flat box series

Minx 325 have a better config than Minx 215 but the are expensive (about 85K). I will still check it out....any idea who retails Cambridge Audio in Mumbai ...which Minx were you recommending Kittu ?

Thanks Raj, What would Monitor Audio cost approx....?

Pradeep, I have not heard the 500 yet but would be doing so over the weekend. JBL in any case goes well with HK AVR. Bose did not give me the thump in the speakers that I am looking at.....may be it was the AVR to which it was connected. Will be hearing it again at another showroom of Bose.....will post my feedback

I don't know the exact price, Approximate price is around 1 Lac ;)
i auditioned them, the movie performance was extraordinary.

Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 is available for about 55k...... any opinion on the same ?? Mass is about 1.3 L..... way over budget

Def Tech 600 is about 68k.... final price quoted by avenue sound.... A few vendors could give me cheaper if they have an earlier stock..... Hopefully :)

What about klipsch quintet ?

My advice would be like Kittu said go for def tech 800. I think you should be able to get 800 for your budget. I have heard this and frankly speaking there is no comparison in that range. How such diminutive speakers can produce such sound one can only wonder. You will not be disappointed. Try other dealers as well. Call Music Ranch, Bangalore for a quote, they can ship.

Checked on Def Tech 800...... had a quote of about 95k ... hence was looking for 600....... Will definitely speak to Music Ranch today and see if they can deliver to Mumbai

My only doubt for 800 is that..... Will the speakers be too powerful or an overkill for a 75 RMS HK AVR...... any idea?

If you want clear rich sound my vote will be for deftech or CA minx. Minx 325 and 525 series are good depending on your budget. Check with audio planet in bangalore for a better pricing.

+1 to minx series, I am in the process of changing my whole setup to minx. Minx speakers and subs are priced for single item so it is not required to buy as a package.

I recommend minx min21 speakers for front. Select min subwoofer based on your room size. Most of the time minx 21 speakers wont be available in stock, so you may need to wait for some time.In fact I am waiting for my speakers.

Last edited:
contact Audio Excellence @022-42647270.. they are dealers of Deftech in mumbai ... u can go audition them @andheri
for paradigm CT100 contact The Shop @022-26204706
both of them are in andheri and nearby so you can audition them...
pls audition b4 buying ... buy what pleases you...

You can even try cambridge audio minx series.

You can consider monitor audio mass if budget is not a constrain

Cinema 500 or Bose accoustimass 10 (Sorry Bose Haters)

contact Audio Excellence @022-42647270.. they are dealers of Deftech in mumbai ... u can go audition them @andheri
for paradigm CT100 contact The Shop @022-26204706
both of them are in andheri and nearby so you can audition them...
pls audition b4 buying ... buy what pleases you...

Have been to Audio Excellence and spoke to Rahul Verma. Had auditioned my Def Tech there itself. But his pricing is higher. Have got a gr8 quote from Alliance4 at Goregaon (Alliance Four Hi End Audio) for Def Tech / NAD & Paradigm.

Will be auditioning Paradigm CT100 and NAD Viso 20/30 over the weekend. NAD was recommended by Music Ranch Guys at Bangalore and also by Lakozy in Mumbai. Will post the feedback soon....:thumbsup:

+1 to minx series, I am in the process of changing my whole setup to minx. Minx speakers and subs are priced for single item so it is not required to buy as a package.

I recommend minx min21 speakers for front. Select min subwoofer based on your room size. Most of the time minx 21 speakers wont be available in stock, so you may need to wait for some time.In fact I am waiting for my speakers.

Spoke to a couple of guys for Minx. A combination of Mix 11 & 21 is recommended. But have got a feedback that there are serious service issues from FX Entertainment end for Cambridge Audio .....anybody else heard a similar feedback...pls lemme know...Thanks

Vivek...What did you finalise? I am evaluating same options.... confused between Paradigm CT100 & DefTech 600? I couldn't audition DefTEch in Pune.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back