Paradigm CT100 / Def Tech Pro Cinema 600 / JBL Cinema 500

Vivek...What did you finalise? I am evaluating same options.... confused between Paradigm CT100 & DefTech 600? I couldn't audition DefTEch in Pune.

Over the last couple of weeks I managed to audition some of them. My observations are as under :

Paradigm CT 100 : Good system, but overpriced by my judgement. Def Tech and NAD offer better value for money for the same price. Definitely not in the same league as Def Tech and NAD.

Def Tech Pro Cinema : Really really nice speakers but costly. MRP is about 72000 but you can get it for about 65 K if you negotiate. Brackets would cost you extra ....original ones are about 3500 per pair and you require 3 pairs. Local made are available for about 1000 per pair. The speakers provide clear sharp sound, best of the lot I must say, however the sub woofer is quite small and not as effective as the other 2. I watch a lot of movies and needed a strong bass hence had to rule it out. I think it had the best speakers of the lot, but as a package I found it lacking.

NAD Viso 2030 : Lakozy and Audio Ranch Bangalore had recommended this to me and I ended up buying this for about 59K. Brackets are extra here again. The speakers provide nice powerful sound....definitely on a softer side compared to Def Tech, but being European it is expected. The woofer is more powerful compared to Def Tech....plus it has an option to add an additional woofer in case in case someone wants it, esp for a bigger room size....but it is generally not required.
Superb service was provided by Lakozy in auditioning and installing.

I would definitely recommend someone to audition NAD System for anyone looking at speakers in that price range....

In any case don't buy a system unless you get a chance to hear it.....and preferably carry your own amp (I had carried my amp to both the shops) and listen to it and pick up the one that sounds the best to you.

Yogesh in case you are in Pune and you do intend to spend 60K - 70K on the system, it is worthwhile to spend a day and come down to Mumbai and audition the systems. Better than picking up something based only on reviews.

You can hear the Def Tech 600 and Audio Excellence in Andheri W (http://www.audioexcellenceindia.com)
NAD VISO can be heard in Lakozy at Girgaum (They retail Def Tech too but have got the Cinema 800 on demo)
Paradigm can be heard in The Shop in Andheri W (very close to Audio Excellence) or The Den in Worli (http://www.thedenindia.com).

I would also advise you to carry your own audio & video clip so that you can easily compare the system. Demo clips are available on the net for download. This is important because different shops have different clips and comparison can get difficult....slightly tedious but will help you take the right decision.

Trust it helps

Last edited:
Congrats Vivek......
Yogesh, if u come to Mumbai definitely visit Fairdeal electronics near Crawford market (not far away from lakozy). He keeps paradigm, focal n others. Gives great discount. I bought 2 years back from him without any issues

What is the a good price for Paradigm CT100 and in Bangalore ?
Looking to buy Denon x1000 to club with from snapdeal.com
----------

Just sold off my Bose 5.1 ( lifestyle 30) old model

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back