Passionate Newbie to the World of Sound

Arghya1985

Hello Everyone,

This is Arghya here from Bangalore, I have been reading, watching online content on Home theater systems for a while. Dream is to set up my own Home theater in my new home. I am a big fan of going the DIY way and have made several automotive DIY on my cars & bikes (Swift/ Honda City/ Interceptor 650/ GT 650). The sound bug bit me a year back an have been gobbling online content to garner enough courage and knowledge to assemble a home theater. I have spent several hours going through threads on this forum and I must say its a breath of fresh air. Look forward to learning from fellow members and contribute to future members.

Action plan for Home theater for my Casa:

1. Know more about AV Receivers, wires, connectors, conduits (better half's condition :) )
2. Buy a pre-worshipped 7.2 ch AV Receiver from a trusted source (blank canvas really)
3. Add Floor standing speakers (or a 5.0 system if wallet permits) after matching timbre and reviews
4. Enjoy the setup process - DIY
5. Save Vitamin M for Money for height channels
6. Install height channels after proper review and research (landlord permitting!!)
7. Save Vitamin M again for Upgrade to 9.2 ch Receiver
8. Repeat step 6.
9. Leave some room for future to surprise me :)

Look forward to all the goo interaction here for many years to come!

Cheers!

Arghya Mandal

Hello Everyone,

This is Arghya here from Bangalore, I have been reading, watching online content on Home theater systems for a while. Dream is to set up my own Home theater in my new home. I am a big fan of going the DIY way and have made several automotive DIY on my cars & bikes (Swift/ Honda City/ Interceptor 650/ GT 650). The sound bug bit me a year back an have been gobbling online content to garner enough courage and knowledge to assemble a home theater. I have spent several hours going through threads on this forum and I must say its a breath of fresh air. Look forward to learning from fellow members and contribute to future members.

1. Know more about AV Receivers, wires, connectors, conduits (better half's condition :) )
2. Buy a pre-worshipped 7.2 ch AV Receiver from a trusted source (blank canvas really)
3. Add Floor standing speakers (or a 5.0 system if wallet permits) after matching timbre and reviews
6. Install height channels after proper review and research (landlord permitting!!)
8. Repeat step 6.

Cheers!

Arghya Mandal

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

This is an interesting platform with a lot of members with rich experience and knowledge...all this is reflected in the various posts under different threads......

Happy Browsing....I am sure you will already find answers to the challenges or queries you have around AV.

You have detailed nice steps towards AV Nirvana...all the best

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

This is an interesting platform with a lot of members with rich experience and knowledge...all this is reflected in the various posts under different threads......

Happy Browsing....I am sure you will already find answers to the challenges or queries you have around AV.

You have detailed nice steps towards AV Nirvana...all the best
Thank you so much - Look forward to learning from members and the discussions here!

Welcome to this great forum. I was in similar situation few years back. Subscribing to this forum has helped me immensely. You would certainly get benefitted from the many experts in this forum who are very passionate.

Hello Everyone,

8. Repeat step 6.

Cheers!

Arghya Mandal
Arghya,
I think you should save some heavy dose of Vitamin M for good Sub(s). Those humble boys only sit in the corner and rumble the floor and at the same time, complete the immersiveness :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back