Pathetic Shipping by GATI & Professional Couriers

jmascreen

Ordered some CDs from Bangalore and the person had dispatched the consignment through Professional courier on same day, which had reached me after ten days after running from pillar to post. Seem I should rename it to UN-Professional Couriers

Now coming to the second set which is a half dozen of Vinyls which I ordered from Mumbai, Dispatched on 25/03/2014 and assured date of deliver was 26/03/2014, which I am yet to receive. I am thinking of renaming them from GATI to DUR-GATI

What you guys think, after paying a premium charges for Shipping.

Hi,

Even am one of the victim for the pathetic service from any Courier, though we send via air or surface the handling is too too worse.

But i think its nothing to blame them, as for them its just a parcel and not care a worthy.

Lets have a a good packing in place first and give a try.First the materials needs to be covered with thermocole then packed with a cardboard.Hope people stop over here.

So we need to go behind and ensure a wooden case protects the pack.I have seen how they handle, they drag a lot,drop from their hands so on..

Hence need to ensure atleast the corners of the pack is protected with wodden cage. An apple box wood also fine and it should be nailed.

Professional courier are by far the worst courier company in India. Half of their staffs are thieves. I lost a digital watch through them. Actually they stole it. Never used them ever after.

These days I rely on kosher courier services like Bluedart and Aramex. Atleast they do not damage goods or steal them.

Couriers like DTDC, Gati, First Flight etc are pathetic, you can't trust on them and always have fear about to receive damaged product. However I am very much satisfied with personal courier services used by Amazon and Flipkart. 1-2 day service from source to destination. Amazon delivers 2nd day from Mumbai to Chandigarh.

i agree with the opinion about professional couriers.

overherad something like this when i went to courier something to their office here two or three years ago (after some local election time)!!!

Guy 1: Enna machi, avanukkaga 50,000 selavu pannom, thothu poitaane!!! (What man, we spent 50,000 on him , and he lost the election)

Guy 2: Vidu da, rendu naal parcel ellam open panna, tholacha kaasa eduthudalam (Leave it, we can recover that money if we open parcels for the next 2 days)

Needless to say, i ran away without couriering :p Never used their services (???) after that!!

I had good experience with Blue dart, brought couple of stuffs from bangalore via ebay and it was delivered very next day.

While everyone is bashing Professional couriers... I have very good experiences with them. So much so that I put special instruction in the seller's site during checkout to send parcel through professional couriers. Domestic ofcourse.

On the other hand my experience with Bluedart is very bad. Not once but for multiple times. I avoid them whenever possible. They are costly and takes longer time to deliver.

Last edited:
After courier dispatch,
jump next to track it if found there is some problem, means if you are not able to track it or not see status update.
find their head office email or some other high profile person email and shoot a crisp e-mail. If they don't respond, send reminder every 12 hrs and you will see something positive.

This i had done many times and found working....:cool:

I would see the INDIAN POST speed post doesnt give any updates on site but it will reach you on time with very less cost

The speaker stands that I ordered from Ali of Sound-foundations is currently languishing in the so called DUR-GATI 's warehouse. Tracking status shows that it reached Bangalore on March 31st and it's yet to be delivered.

RJ Style,

We sincerely regret the incovenience caused. Request you to share your docket details,so that we can look into this and ensure the shipment is delivered.

Thanks
GATI-KWE

RJ Style,

We sincerely regret the incovenience caused. Request you to share your docket details,so that we can look into this and ensure the shipment is delivered.

Thanks
GATI-KWE

Brother who ever you are, my weekend mojito toast will be in your name ;). Thanks a ton. The shipment was delivered in less than 3 hours after I posted here.

Last edited:
I have exclusively shipped using Gati from Hyderabad since the last 3-4 years - some of my sales to other FM's were of 6 figure high end equipment. All the shipment was by air option. Never had any issues. In fact excellent tracking is provided by Gati as one gets sms updates at every point the shipment is scanned up until delivery. They may be a little more expensive - but IMO today they are the best for Indian deliveries and I rather pay more to make sure my equipment is delivered safely than have to deal with issues later on. Fedex screwed up 2 of my deliveries - recently they lost one package entirely. Not used DHL locally so cannot comment.
I used to ship/recieve a ton of audio equipment when I lived in the US via fedex and UPS and I am happy to say that here I am more satisfied with Gati than I was with those.
In fact now when I sell anything on the forum I insist on Gati air, and if the buyer wants some other service, then I request him to absolve me of all shipping issues.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back