paypal account

In my case even after my PAN number verification was successfully completed, it took 2 or 3 days for PAYPAL to allow me to use the added credit card to pay for purchases. So some more wait I think.

Last edited:
Yes may be I had to give some time gap between card verification and making a payment .
I made another payment after 1-2 days that payment went through.

I opened an account on paypal today to purchase some items on EBAY.

I had to confirm my credit card on paypal and $1.95 and then $1 was deducted from my card(SMS).Also they are asking for my bank account and PAN no.

After this I got the following message in my mail:

We noticed some unusual log in activity with your account. Please check
that no one has logged in to your account without your permission.

Take a moment to change your password and security questions and review
your account information and recent transactions for changes or unknown
payments.

I then changed my password and security questions immediately

Now am having doubts about using this service.

What happens if I do not confirm my CC using the 4 digit code in my statement. Can they still take out money form my credit card?

I had to confirm my credit card on paypal and $1.95 and then $1 was deducted from my card(SMS).Also they are asking for my bank account and PAN no.

payments.

What happens if I do not confirm my CC using the 4 digit code in my statement. Can they still take out money form my credit card?

These are auto generated mails, nobody will take money unless you ask for. I am using this service since last 7 years. No single problem till date.
BTW their systems monitors change in login IP address which may be due different ISP at work/home computer or VPN. This results in alarm emails.

Last edited:

payments.

This is a phishing scam.Paypal will send you mail starting with your name and will never send you an attachment.If you have received any mail that doesn't contain your first name or asking to open an attachment,that could be phishing.
You should report paypal if you find anything suspicious.Please read this https://www.paypal.com/in/cgi-bin/w...securitycenter/general/PreventIdTheft-outside

Regards,
Sachin

This is a phishing scam.Paypal will send you mail starting with your name and will never send you an attachment.If you have received any mail that doesn't contain your first name or asking to open an attachment,that could be phishing.
You should report paypal if you find anything suspicious.Please read this https://www.paypal.com/in/cgi-bin/w...securitycenter/general/PreventIdTheft-outside

Regards,
Sachin

Yes, always verify the address link in the browser, you see where you are feeding your details. That must be https://Www.paypal.com/in in the start.

Yes, always verify the address link in the browser, you see where you are feeding your details. That must be https://Www.paypal.com/in in the start.

The mail started with both first and last name and had no attachment or link.Also I typed in paypal url in another browser window and then changed password and questions.

I just wanted to know if it is safe to give bank account number.I have read lots of horror stories about paypal freezing accounts for months.:sad:

Bank account is for receiving payments only and it cannot be used for making payment. So no need to worry. I have created a paypal account this way, but it cannot be used for online purchase.

Hi,just one query-

What is "good standing Paypal"?
How to get that?
I am unable to link Paypal to ebay.uk.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back