paypal account

nagurum1974

i wish to buy beresford dac.they only deal with payapl.i created a account .but when i use the account it keep saying try another card. i am using axis bank debit card. i s there any solution.

thanks

I am not sure all debit cards work wirh PayPal. Though there are some who succesfully use certain visa debit cards. My ICICI bank debit card doesn't work. Credit cards are the best option.
Is your card a MasterCard or a visa?

Also, were you able to verify the card in PayPal ?

I am not sure all debit cards work wirh PayPal. Though there are some who succesfully use certain visa debit cards. My ICICI bank debit card doesn't work. Credit cards are the best option.
Is your card a MasterCard or a visa?

Also, were you able to verify the card in PayPal ?

yes .they did verified my card.besides i dont use credit cards.even hdfc cards also not working.i tried some 7 cards .not even a card worked. my bad:sad:

i think paypal had an option to attach an account, did you try that.

added 3 accounts and tried .didnt work.:sad: every time i use the account i got sms from the banks stating that iam using the card in the 3d secure noncomplaint site

Have you provided your PAN card details? Indian govt rules require you to do so, else your account will not be fully active.

Visit the link that says 'Open Disputes' or something like that, it should tell you if there are any pending verifications you need to do.

Have you provided your PAN card details? Indian govt rules require you to do so, else your account will not be fully active.

Visit the link that says 'Open Disputes' or something like that, it should tell you if there are any pending verifications you need to do.

yes i do provided my pan no.it show verification in progress

Use ENTROPAY virtual credit card safe and secure.I am using it past two years without any problem.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
yes i do provided my pan no.it show verification in progress

Well, then that should be your answer. Any idea when you updated it?
It took about 2 and half weeks for me to get verified (I know, its a long time :mad:)

Also, did you get your bank account verified? They have a process where they deposit two small amounts of money and then you go back and verify those amounts in your account. This also takes a very long time... yes paypal is quite lazy that way.

i think paypal had an option to attach an account, did you try that.

Also, did you get your bank account verified? They have a process where they deposit two small amounts of money and then you go back and verify those amounts in your account.

An account linked to Paypal cannot be used to make payment, at least here in India. It can only be used to receive money.

Well, then that should be your answer. Any idea when you updated it?
It took about 2 and half weeks for me to get verified (I know, its a long time :mad:)

Also, did you get your bank account verified? They have a process where they deposit two small amounts of money and then you go back and verify those amounts in your account. This also takes a very long time... yes paypal is quite lazy that way.

they verified my bank account.pan also verifeid

An account linked to Paypal cannot be used to make payment, at least here in India. It can only be used to receive money.

I beg to differ. I have made payments to international vendors through my paypal account; they sent me a paypal invoice. The amount will be displayed in $$$ and converted either by paypal exchange rates, or the bank's exchange rate.

^^ I think Capt. Rajesh meant that you cannot use the bank account linked to your PayPal account to make payments, like you do with your credit cards.

@charanbee, Were you able to use your bank account to make international payment through PayPal? It would be nice if this were possible.

In any case, PayPal keeps rejecting my PAN saying it is wrong (when it is correct). When I wrote to their customer support, they were certain the problem was with my PAN, and they asked me to enter it more carefully *rolls eyes*. No more PayPal for me.

I am an online buyer since 2003, but till now none of my account were hacked except paypal.

Last year my paypal account hacked along with my email account. I do not know which one hacked first. Luckily I was sitting in front of my PC I could act immediately.

I was working on something and noticed gmail popup from paypal confirming my usage of card in some game site for $x. I just opened the mail and drafted a mail to paypal support, to refer the transaction ID I tried to open the mail I received minutes back and to my surprise it disappeared from inbox as well as trash.

If I was not working on the PC during that time, I never would have been knowing it as transaction was for small amount and will never get an sms. Normally hackers use it for amount less than $10 for each transaction to avoid instant notification.

Since that day I stopped using Paypal. I got back the money immediately as I had the log from gmail stating mail id is used from Indonesia.

@charanbee, Were you able to use your bank account to make international payment through PayPal? It would be nice if this were possible.

In any case, PayPal keeps rejecting my PAN saying it is wrong (when it is correct). When I wrote to their customer support, they were certain the problem was with my PAN, and they asked me to enter it more carefully *rolls eyes*. No more PayPal for me.

Yup, international transaction is what i did. You can ask the seller to send you a paypal invoice in whichever currency, you will have 2 options, to use the paypal rates or the bank's rate on that day for the conversion, I found that the Paypal rate was about a 100 bucks cheaper.

I am an online buyer since 2003, but till now none of my account were hacked except paypal.

Last year my paypal account hacked along with my email account. I do not know which one hacked first. Luckily I was sitting in front of my PC I could act immediately.

I was working on something and noticed gmail popup from paypal confirming my usage of card in some game site for $x. I just opened the mail and drafted a mail to paypal support, to refer the transaction ID I tried to open the mail I received minutes back and to my surprise it disappeared from inbox as well as trash.

If I was not working on the PC during that time, I never would have been knowing it as transaction was for small amount and will never get an sms. Normally hackers use it for amount less than $10 for each transaction to avoid instant notification.

Since that day I stopped using Paypal. I got back the money immediately as I had the log from gmail stating mail id is used from Indonesia.

You did get an email to confirm the transaction right? I'm surprised paypal responded to you so quickly, they replied to my emails regarding a cancelled transaction 2 billing cycles after the money was credited. :rolleyes:

Today I created my paypal account and linked it to my citibank platinum mastercard credit card. Immediately I got a a sms saying 1 dollar was spent . I do not know if paypal has such a charge or citibank does .

I activated the paypal account.
After logging in to paypal I says

"In accordance with Indian regulations, you will need to add a bank account in India in order to receive payments and withdraw funds Add bank

In accordance with Indian regulations, you will need to add a purpose code in order to receive payments and withdraw funds Add a purpose code"

Is it necessary ? I am using credit card to make a purchase not my bank account .

Today I created my paypal account and linked it to my citibank platinum mastercard credit card. Immediately I got a a sms saying 1 dollar was spent . I do not know if paypal has such a charge or citibank does .

I activated the paypal account.
After logging in to paypal I says

"In accordance with Indian regulations, you will need to add a bank account in India in order to receive payments and withdraw funds Add bank

In accordance with Indian regulations, you will need to add a purpose code in order to receive payments and withdraw funds Add a purpose code"

Is it necessary ? I am using credit card to make a purchase not my bank account .

The 1 dollar is spent on your credit card on registering the credit card. But, don't worry it will be refunded back to your account, after you put the verification code in 'My Account' section to verify your credit card with Paypal account. So, check your credit card statement within 2-3 days and you'll see a 1 dollar transaction like this:

PP*6705CODE 4029357733 SG

the 4 digit code (6705 in this case) is all you need to enter to verify your credit card.

About adding a bank account, it's actually not necessary to add bank account, unless you're seeking a money transfer through paypal.
For making online payment for shopping purpose, adding a credit card is enough.

Today I made the payment for the ebay purchase via paypal . But the seller returned the money back to paypal , telling me that

"Thanks for your email,and I have informed by paypal service,your funds source has problem,they need to take 8-15 working days to do some investigate.
That is strange,so I have fully refund the payment back to your paypal account,Please check your paypal account,and your email address.the paypal
service has sent you an email,they told me,please check it."

But the amount in rupees is already reflecting in my credit card .

I have also verified my credit card in paypal .
so do not know what could be holding it up .
Do I need to enter the bank account and purpose code in the paypal account ?

^^ There may have been some kind of flags raised by PayPal related to your payment. When I used to accept PayPal as a mode of payment from my customers, this used to happen from time to time. PayPal might ask you to send them some ID info soon.

If you will not be withdrawing funds to your bank account from PayPal, the purpose code is really not needed. But then that's a common sense thing, and in my experience, common sense is not always a determining factor for PayPal's actions.

Back