UPI payment / transaction issues

Hari Iyer

Today i faced a UPI transaction issue with my dentist as below,

- Dentist has registered for Gpay UPI transaction
- My wife has registered for paytm UPI transaction
- Dentist shared with me her visiting card asking to pay the consultation fee on the mentioned mobile number
- I asked my wife to do the transaction and check the name on the card before the transaction
- We entered the mentioned mobile number, transaction amount and cross verified the name which was same as in the visiting card
- After verification she went ahead with the transaction.
- I shared the screen shot with the Dentist.
- The dentist replied back telling the account number in the screen shot is wrong but the name and mobile number is correct

I on an average do 10 to 15 transaction per week from paytm to gpay but never have faced this issue before. Am i missing something here or is the dentist bluffing that the account number is wrong. She also shared with me a screen shot showing a different account number of the same mobile number and my transaction missing.

We have checked the bank statement and the amount is debited from our bank.

Curious to know if this is a common issue or a rare issue before any further action. I am facing this challenge for the first time since using UPI transaction 3 years ago.

Thanks for looking

Dentist needs to figure this out, perhaps fund got transferred to different account. Name snd phone number are the only two things one must confirm. Third thing is the code which is typically written under the qscan code if one was available at clinic

Dentist needs to figure this out, perhaps fund got transferred to different account. Name snd phone number are the only two things one must confirm. Third thing is the code which is typically written under the qscan code if one was available at clinic
Thanks Jenson for confirming. There was no Qscan code at the clinic. I am still waiting for a resolution. Looking for further answers from experienced users.

Have you tried Phone Pe? I find Phone Pe much more reliable than the other two. Stopped using Gpay long back, as it had too many failures.

MaSh

Have you tried Phone Pe? I find Phone Pe much more reliable than the other two. Stopped using Gpay long back, as it had too many failures.

MaSh
No, i never used any UPI transactions till date. Only my wife use that.

One question? - Can we link multiple bank account number with Gpay single mobile number? It could be that the dentist has attached multiple bank account to her mobile number which she is not aware of now? Looking for solutions?

Excuse my ignorance as i have zero experience with these.

No, i never used any UPI transactions till date. Only my wife use that.
Ohh okay. I am a 100% UPI user. Gave up on Cash and Bank Transfers many years ago.

One question? - Can we link multiple bank account number with Gpay single mobile number? It could be that the dentist has attached multiple bank account to her mobile number which she is not aware of now? Looking for solutions?

Yes UPI automatically connects the bank accounts linked to the mobile number.

MaSh

Yes, multiple accounts can be connected to single Mobile number.

This can happen when the same phone number is linked with two or more account numbers .the dentist may be showing the another linked account to which the amount was not credited.
What ever has happened please report this to cybercrime they will help to recover .it just few minutes to report with relevant documents hardcopy

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back