PC Input not working with monitor

vashok

Hi
I got my new Samsung 32A450 coupel of weeks back. This weekend, I tried connecting using a male-to-male VGA cable to the back end of my Hp Pavilion PC and LCD. The LCD did not recognize the PC input at all. It continued to recognize only the cable and the DVD inputs only. In fact, I could not even select the PC input from the menu of the TV. How do I enable the TV to recognize the PC input. Could it be something wrong with the cable. It failed with my laptop also.

Thanks,
Ashok

The PC should work straight away if you set the TV to take the VGA in as input. If you are using a laptop, you have to set the laptop to use the external monitor, in addition to setting the VGA in on the TV. Try with the laptop, Sometimes even with a small monitor, these connections give trouble.

Try switching the TV on and off, and resetting to VGA in. In the laptop, try a warm re-boot, and try again.

You may also need to install some drivers on the PC and the laptop to recognise the LCD as a monitor. This will most probably be given to you along with the TV on a CD. This will be most probably be the reason.

Can you also tell us what the Samsung says about using it as a VGA monitor? From it's manual?

Cheers

The PC should work straight away if you set the TV to take the VGA in as input. If you are using a laptop, you have to set the laptop to use the external monitor, in addition to setting the VGA in on the TV. Try with the laptop, Sometimes even with a small monitor, these connections give trouble.

Try switching the TV on and off, and resetting to VGA in. In the laptop, try a warm re-boot, and try again.

You may also need to install some drivers on the PC and the laptop to recognise the LCD as a monitor. This will most probably be given to you along with the TV on a CD. This will be most probably be the reason.

Can you also tell us what the Samsung says about using it as a VGA monitor? From it's manual?

Cheers

Hi Venkat
I did call the customer support and here is what they asked me to try:
- Use only series 10 VGA cable
- Resolution should be 1024 x 768
- Cable length should not exceed 1.5 mts

I will check the manual also and share what happens.

regards
Ashok

Hi Venkat
I did call the customer support and here is what they asked me to try:
- Use only series 10 VGA cable
- Resolution should be 1024 x 768
- Cable length should not exceed 1.5 mts

I will check the manual also and share what happens.

regards
Ashok

Hi Ashok,

Did you have any luck with the VGA cable? One of my friends is having a similar issue with his new 32" Samsung 6 series LCD. The PC input option in the menu stays grayed out even after connecting the VGA cable and switching the monitor option in the laptop to secondary display.
By the way, the VGA cable he used is an unbranded one. Are there different types of VGA cables? What is series 10 VGA? This is news to me ...!

Any Samsung LCD owner here who could use its VGA input?

I am using a 30ft vga cable to connect my laptop to projector. But smaller the length, better it is - at least in the domain of cables :D

Hi Ashok,

Did you have any luck with the VGA cable? One of my friends is having a similar issue with his new 32" Samsung 6 series LCD. The PC input option in the menu stays grayed out even after connecting the VGA cable and switching the monitor option in the laptop to secondary display.
By the way, the VGA cable he used is an unbranded one. Are there different types of VGA cables? What is series 10 VGA? This is news to me ...!

Any Samsung LCD owner here who could use its VGA input?

Yes, I went with the specifications as suggestde in my previous post and it works. now. I do not remember the brand or the series. sorry. will check and get back.

Back