Peachtree Audio Decco 125 Sky - Seeking review

Kumar442244

Hello Fellow FMs,

Seeking some reviews on the aforementioned amp. Could anyone please share the overall impression of this amp? Couldn't find much review online.

Would be grateful if someone can share the info regarding:-

- Inbuilt DAC
- Built quality
- Wireless streaming capabilities.
- Connection option.
- Matching speakers
- Dealers in Bangalore

Looking forward to hear back soon. :)

No personal experience with the amp but given how it's designed it's clear that convinience is the most important factor like the NAD M10
So don't expect it to play well with slightly difficult load speakers

But then it's all upon what is the requirement.
If convinience is most important it surely ticks all boxes

I have used the Decco65, which is the same but with less power. [65 watts pc], and no wireless streaming. Amazing performance from the ESS dac implementation via USB. Nice build. Drove Magnepan MC1s'(4 ohm load) with ease, also Could drive the bigger 1.7s, but suffered from lack of power.
So got a Crown and the combo was fantastic. Still have it but needs some repair as left pre-amp channel is dead.

I would love to have your opinion about the comparative sound signature. If it is not asking too much. Thanks
Not at all buddy.

Both have a different sound signature with each having their fair share of pros and cons.

Marantz :- Well, no introduction needed, this is a well regarded unit which a typical V curve (cant call it as neutral as Peachtree) with slightly boasted treble and bass. A little on the warmer side and a neutral speaker like totem is just on the edge of doing the things right for me.
however, it is much more refined than its younger siblings (700X, 600X) and packs a decent punch at 70WPC.
Overall, an enjoyable unit which pairs well with most of the commonly used speakers and is a great value for money.

Peachtree :- Very neutral and slightly thin midrange, speaker matching is tricky, but one u have a match, u are in for a treat. Amazing bass control over speaker owing to class D topology. One of the cleanest class D I have heard till date. Inbuilt dac can easily beat a stand alone dac at >20-25K price point. Added advantage of streamer is a boon in this digital era. Overall, I had a great time with it till the time I was using Tannoy speakers and then the totem happened and the totems are the most amp sensitive speakers I have ever come across.

In short, I am at time undecisive if i want to let any of these go (as on today). Both have a very distinct sound signatures and finally boils down to personal taste and preferences.

Not at all buddy.

Both have a different sound signature with each having their fair share of pros and cons.

Marantz :- Well, no introduction needed, this is a well regarded unit which a typical V curve (cant call it as neutral as Peachtree) with slightly boasted treble and bass. A little on the warmer side and a neutral speaker like totem is just on the edge of doing the things right for me.
however, it is much more refined than its younger siblings (700X, 600X) and packs a decent punch at 70WPC.
Overall, an enjoyable unit which pairs well with most of the commonly used speakers and is a great value for money.

Peachtree :- Very neutral and slightly thin midrange, speaker matching is tricky, but one u have a match, u are in for a treat. Amazing bass control over speaker owing to class D topology. One of the cleanest class D I have heard till date. Inbuilt dac can easily beat a stand alone dac at >20-25K price point. Added advantage of streamer is a boon in this digital era. Overall, I had a great time with it till the time I was using Tannoy speakers and then the totem happened and the totems are the most amp sensitive speakers I have ever come across.

In short, I am at time undecisive if i want to let any of these go (as on today). Both have a very distinct sound signatures and finally boils down to personal taste and preferences.
Kumar
Thanks for a very informative reply.

I have never heard a Peachtree Amp, so was very curious. I have heard few Marantz amps - their house sound did not appeal to me, yet higher up the chain, their amps had more detail and less Bass. Midrange was clean too. There is a certain appeal.

Sometime back, I nearly pulled a trigger on an PM8006 but since I had no way of auditioning it, dropped the idea.

Thanks again.

Kumar

I have never heard a Peachtree Amp, so was very curious. I have heard few Marantz amps - their house sound did not appeal to me, yet higher up the chain, their amps had more detail and less Bass. Midrange was clean too. There is a certain appeal.

Sometime back, I nearly pulled a trigger on an PM8006 but since I had no way of auditioning it, dropped the idea.

Thanks again.
You can also try demoing the Peach Tree Nova 300. Heard a lot of good things about it and apparently it does not sound like a class D.
It can drive most of the difficult speakers too.
It may be be available on Hifimart and could request Mr. Anil for a demo if you happen to come to Mumbai or can demo the same in cochin.

Last edited:
Kumar

Thanks again.
What amp are you currently using and with which speakers?
Agree, Marantz have that typical house sound which may not appeal everyone.

@Nitin K Seems like there is no active dealers currently in India for Peachtree and I am afraid, demo at dealers place might not be possible. Also, I agree, Peachtree Nova is a great amp, in fact, their complete line (including decco) is a great value for money.

Hi Kumar,

I guess only Hifimart has them. I agree Peach tree amps seems to have got very good reviews. At one point of time I was seriously planning to get them since it also has a HT bypass. Their response to my mails have also been prompt.

Regards,

What amp are you currently using and with which speakers?
Agree, Marantz have that typical house sound which may not appeal everyone.

@Nitin K Seems like there is no active dealers currently in India for Peachtree and I am afraid, demo at dealers place might not be possible. Also, I agree, Peachtree Nova is a great amp, in fact, their complete line (including decco) is a great value for money.
Currently running a couple of Yamaha Amps, a vintage CA-810: very open detailed and organic sound

And an Yamaha A-S700: beautiful Soundstage, very detailed, sounds powerful with a good grip on the speakers (any speakers you pair with it).

Had a Naim 5Si for a very short while - didn't like the sound, thin sounding but detailed and excellent soundstage.

Hi Kumar,

I guess only Hifimart has them. I agree Peach tree amps seems to have got very good reviews. At one point of time I was seriously planning to get them since it also has a HT bypass. Their response to my mails have also been prompt.

Regards,
Difficult for me to audition it here. Thanks anyhow.

Back