Percentage Spent on Cables and Interconnects

What % of your total outlay was spent/ planning to spend on cables and Interconnects

• <2%

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • <5%

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • <10%

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • 10%-20%

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • >20%

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

superczar

Just out of curiosity, what percentage of your total audio setup budget was spent on cables and Interconnects.
or alternatively, if you were to setup a new system today (or are currently setting one up), what percentage do you intend to allocate towards them.

Cables & interconnects should include speaker wires, RCA cables and any specialized power cables, conditioners or distribution you added
but should ideally exclude any spends towards any basic power strips / stabilizers etc that are meant to cover basic distribution/ surge protection.

Please try and avoid any flaming on why high end cables make or do not make sense- Think of it as a simple data collection exercise rather than a debate :)

I will not take the percentage route.
With cables you can buy used safely in most cases or say some cables which are made in India like audiocadabra cables and cables made by Fm @jls001
That way I get better cables and at a better price .
But as it is in Audio everything is subjective.
Someone else might not agree with my choice of cable and it's price.

But I will also try to know what is house sound of the cable before taking the plunge.
Still that does not guranteee a particular sound as it will sound different from system to system.

Finally, you have to believe in cables and trust your own ears.

Cables makes a difference and they sound differently. 10% of total equipment cost is fair to spend on cables and interconnects. Interconnect make life safe and easier in handling equipment. But they also contribute to certain extend so home work is necessary. Pre owned cables and interconnects are great to own as both lost for longer time and chances of damage are less..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back