Philips 4750

prateek1232

Philips 4750 - Just purchased need help with setup

Hi,

Just picked up a philips 4750 from a local dealer in mumbai. Did not find the connecting wire from tv to DVD / one power cord / two batteries in the box.

Have i been duped into buying a duplicate piece.

Also can anyone advice on what wires to buy to connect my tv to the HT. I have a regular 29" tv & tata sky.
Have purchased this piece reading reviews from mudbullram but am an absolute newbie.

Regards
Prateek

Last edited:
Hi,

Just picked up a philips 4750 from a local dealer in mumbai. Did not find the connecting wire from tv to DVD / one power cord / two batteries in the box.

Have i been duped into buying a duplicate piece.

Also can anyone advice on what wires to buy to connect my tv to the HT. I have a regular 29" tv & tata sky.
Have purchased this piece reading reviews from mudbullram but am an absolute newbie.

Regards
Prateek

Call the guys and ask for it. Then call Philips Service and ask them to do a DEMO of your system, if the system is origianl they will have record of it. This will ensure you know if the system is genuine.

You will need a component video cable and connect the Y Pb Pr output of teh DVD to the Y Pb Pr input of your TV. See the Philips DVD manual it has nice pictures and clear instruction.

Check this thread for good cables.
http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-cables/682-component-video-cable.html

Can you help me in playing from External Hard Disk(Fat32). I am able to play from USB pen drive but not through Ext.HDD.
How do format it so that the HTS 4750 recognises it.
Thanks in advance,
-Dr.Srikanth.

Thanks Bullram for your input. Have asked the company for a demo. even though they did have any records for purchase. they agreed to do a demo.

A person is expected soon. i am not able to to use all 4 speakers at once while playing a movie even though they work for the songs.

I was playing an original dvd for Omkaara.
Would also appreciate if you from your prolonged use will give out a few pointers on how to obtain maximum performance from this system

Last edited:
The guy came in for a demo so i hope the piece to be genuine

now he told us that while watching a movie only the centre speaker would work for dialogues
front speaker for songs & only for some songs will all four work.

Can anyone explain when do the speakers work

Can you help me in playing from External Hard Disk(Fat32). I am able to play from USB pen drive but not through Ext.HDD.
How do format it so that the HTS 4750 recognises it.
Thanks in advance,
-Dr.Srikanth.

Go through the provided operation manual. It discourages attaching Hard Disc through USB port since the HDs carry lot of data and the system is unable to handle the same. Connect just pen drives and memory cards (of course through a card reader). These will work fine for viewing JPEG images and listening to music.
Regards
VK Tyagi

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back