Philips AF834

dr.partha

Hello dear friends,
After a long time I'm feeling happy to be here again. Very recently I've been gifted a Philips AF 834 by one of my maternal uncle. It runs fine. I don't have any idea about this player. Please tell me whether any lubrication or servicing is needed or not.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Dr

I would suggest you start using it for few months and you may gain more hands on exp on this tt

once you get comfortable may be you can open the platter from top and use very thin lubrication like singer oil etc

All the very best

Tanoj

Also please intimate me what should be the counter weight for this model. The cart no is Philips EG1400.If I put the tracking force to 2gm and antiskate to 2,the stylus skips the grooves. If I set it 2.5,then it sounds alright. But I searched Google and found in one forum that the 2.5gm force is high enough. Is it true? Please guide me my dear friends.
Thanks.

Hello Dr.

Philips EG1400 is old cart, i suggest you to upgrade to a new cart

I used this TT with few nice cartridges like DENON 160 MC Cart, Audio Technica 92ECD Cart, Ortofon Super om 10

This TT has few great qualities which match with very High end TT's for ex: this tt is belt driven if you see any highend tt they will be belt driven too example

It has Straight Tonearm , again allmost all highend tt has straight tonearm

and it can mount both MM and MC Type cartridges , i mean all standard carts

you basically need few items which i listed below which will bring day and night difference to your listining experience

1. get a Ortofon super OM 10 or 20 cartridge
2. Get MM phono stage from sachin
3. Get a Spirit level, to correctly balance the Turntable

4. a record cleaning brush

5. a Wooden Base with Spikes you may DIY this

6. Record Stablizer

sharing you my TT video, excuse the poor video quality

I am not sure which amp , speakers you are using

Best Regards

Tanoj

Hello Dr.

Philips EG1400 is old cart, i suggest you to upgrade to a new cart

I used this TT with few nice cartridges like DENON 160 MC Cart, Audio Technica 92ECD Cart, Ortofon Super om 10

This TT has few great qualities which match with very High end TT's for ex: this tt is belt driven if you see any highend tt they will be belt driven too example

It has Straight Tonearm , again allmost all highend tt has straight tonearm

and it can mount both MM and MC Type cartridges , i mean all standard carts

you basically need few items which i listed below which will bring day and night difference to your listining experience

1. get a Ortofon super OM 10 or 20 cartridge
2. Get MM phono stage from sachin
3. Get a Spirit level, to correctly balance the Turntable

4. a record cleaning brush

5. a Wooden Base with Spikes you may DIY this

6. Record Stablizer

sharing you my TT video, excuse the poor video quality

I am not sure which amp , speakers you are using

Best Regards

Tanoj
What is the belt size for this Philips af834 tt

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back